ABW Ambassador
    Sneaky Merchant Hall Of Shame Forum
    Something like that, come up with a better name or something, forum of shame, don't know. Maybe someone can come up with a more clever name. Relates to this thread, seemed to be some agreement with the idea.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...586#post548586

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Seconded.

I could think of a few names, although I doubt they'd fly.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Why waste time on paraffiliates
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    Call it Shameless Merchants or for the SERPs.... Unethical Merchants.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    How about

LibelLawsuitMagnet.com

Sorry, but I think that would soon become the reality of it. Ironically, there are many sue-happy crooks.

ABW Ambassador
    "How about
    LibelLawsuitMagnet.com"

Like the thread I linked too. I don't see anything there. Those are facts supported by screenshots and eyeballs. There have been merchants in the past where you would click your affiliate link and it would go to a page saying "The site is down for maintenance, please call 1800 and place your order." But when you went to their site directly they were online. Just a merchant trying to screw an affiliate. Those type of things. I don't see any problem with that. They can scream libel, just throw some facts their way. Facts > false claims of libel. Libel being untrue or false claims. And actually we have those types of posts now, except they're scattered.
    Last edited by Trust; March 25th, 2006 at 07:13 PM.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I know we've got those kinds of posts, but as I recall, when Parasiteware.com put up a list of infested merchants, legal action was threatened.

So, I figure that, even though they'd lose their cases, the crooks would try the same thing as the parasite-ridden merchants

Otherwise, it seems like a fine idea, unless there's some hitch I haven't thought of. I hate deadbeats and crooks. And now reading that thread you linked to--crooks like that definitely deserve to be blasted with full-powered flamethrowers!

Thumbs up
    Out the bastard's. Fat chance real merchant management has a clue what these non-employee AM's are doing to rape their advertising and affiliate commission budgets. Just tell the truth about sleazy and often illegal con-men partnerships these AM Adwhores actually seek out to include in their programs. How many do you think turn down the CPA networks riddled with blackhat affiliates and run by professional commission thieves.

If they demand proof of continuous wrongdoing .... the ABW group just sends the proof to the FTC -and States Attorney Generals offices and cybercrime units. Let them sort out the layers of sleaze-bags and demand accountability via subpoena. If the real merchants get offended then the easy path is to fire the AM harboring the thieves.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

What about a website that just linked to news about such merchants? No commentary or spin, just "news"?
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

ABW Ambassador
    A site outside of ABW? That's good, the more exposure the better. But I think it's good to also have it here. One less place I have to visit, plus ABW gets a lot of affiliate traffic.

s the CEO of Altrek pointed out today the real merchant management is kept in the dark about the sleazebag affiliates activities and the antics of their greed driven AM's. This Unethical Merchant OUTing thread can be a real service to those who claim ignorance in how their being ripped off, or kept in the dark about associations with commission thieves.

ABW Ambassador
    True. Sometimes people think the AM is the merchant, I've always looked at them as employees of the merchants. A lot of times with these things we are talking to the wrong person, need to shoot for someone higher up. Not always the case. There are some great AM that have some say so and make good decisions. Depends on the merchant, some are tied in closely with the AM, sometimes the affiliate program is just an afterthought and the merchant has no idea what the AM is up to.

Well the Merchant's real management is becoming financiall liable for the actions of their hired AM's. Interesting CEO's and their marketing managers read Clickz.com articles and will come across this Adwhores expert news source. Today they see http://www.clickz.com/experts/brand/...le.php/3593951 and find Whither Adware? .... "Finally, Some Standards

The Web Analytics Association, which admittedly is more concerned with cookies than adware or spyware, is the latest to weigh in with its guidelines. Meanwhile, TRUSTe is ramping up to start its "Trusted Download" certification program, aimed at helping advertisers determine whether platforms meet its standard of notice and consent.

The Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT), too, is following the money and focusing on the advertisers. This week, it released a report on its efforts to talk with 18 advertisers whose messages had appeared on the network of 180systems, which the CDT accuses of engaging in unfair and deceptive practices. Naming advertisers like Netflix, eHarmony and ProFlowers, the organization noted that many of those contacted had no policies forbidding the association of their ads with harmful or nuisance adware. Those that did have such policies failed to enforce them. The organization says it plans to continue "outing" advertisers whose messages appear on questionable ad networks. This should be interesting...."

The CDC is serious as is www.stopbadware.com in exposing merchants dirty linen in the Adware/Spyware war to hijack shoppers systems. Great read publiched March 21st 2006 http://www.cdt.org/privacy/20060320adware.pdf

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread