Any Zappos Sales Today?
    My Zappos sales have died since the CJ upgrade on Wed... I have not had 1 sale today!! Something is drastically wrong. I read where others, are complaining too, but I am primarily a Zappos guy.. Yikes!! Anyone seeing much with Zappos?

Thanks
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    My Zappos sales have died since the CJ upgrade on Wed... I have not had 1 sale today!! Something is drastically wrong. I read where others, are complaining too, but I am primarily a Zappos guy.. Yikes!! Anyone seeing much with Zappos?

Thanks
    Not one Zappos sale today either. The last sale posted 24-Mar-2006 21:00 PST
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Depend on no one but yourself...[/FONT] :winking:

I had some
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

5 1/2 Hour Delay
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi
    I had some
    I just had 2 sales hit with a 5 1/2 hour delay between the event and posting time!!

My Zappos sales are dropped about 40% after the CJ upgrade.

Ditto!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    My Zappos sales are dropped about 40% after the CJ upgrade.
    My Zappos sales are down 40% as well on average over the whole month. However, considering the strong sales I had for 6 days prior to the CJ downgrade, my sales on average are down 70% !!! Crap!!! This is only about the umteenth time this thievery has happened!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    My Zappos sales are down 40% as well on average over the whole month. However, considering the strong sales I had for 6 days prior to the CJ downgrade, my sales on average are down 70% !!! Crap!!! This is only about the umteenth time this thievery has happened!!!

Although my zappos sales are down by about 40%, but my overall sales are not much affected. This month I have 30% increase in sales than last month. My sales are getting better every month, hope to hit $10K next month.

I am seeing increses overall too!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    Although my zappos sales are down by about 40%, but my overall sales are not much affected. This month I have 30% increase in sales than last month. My sales are getting better every month, hope to hit $10K next month.
    But that is no reason to sit back and take this upgrade crap!! What is agrivating is the fact that CJ does not communicate well with us at all.

I have already done 15k in sales this month and was on a pace for a GREAT month until the ugrade... Am I greedy? Not really, but I HATE being fed BS when even this stupid affiliate knows better. Just can't prove it!! I realize that many feel like all is caught up and all is well. I also know that many feel the same way I do. Sooooooooooo.... anyways............ if I can't prove it then I might as well just ........ eat some cheese with my whine and enjoy life a little..

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I checked a few places and discovered Zappos is listed with Care2, a Top Moxie parasitic application.

http://www.care2.com/shopping/shoppi...res_nogtu.html

I don't think this is new... sorry if I'm reporting a known parasite association - I'm not a zappos aff so I tend to forget their details...

Thanks for that Donuts - Zappos was always an anti-parasitic merchant, they said it and were very clear about it - at least former AM Jack was, maybe things are slipping now he's not there and the new AM is panicking about how to keep sales coming in without trying too hard.

I'll be emailing their AM right away about this - this is an about face of major proportions if it's true.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Tripped across these two...
    http://www.myperfectrebates.com/show...14&PCAT_ID=111
    http://www.rebatezone.net/showcatego...14&PCAT_ID=111

Clones, owned by these guys...
    http://www.simplicitymanagementgroup...t/products.cfm

More clones like it:
    http://rebatevilliage.com/showcatego...14&PCAT_ID=111
    http://www.alleysstore.com/showcateg...14&PCAT_ID=111

Within CJ, Zappos specifically forbids several things... one clause:
    "3.c. Agreement Not to Offer Discounts or Coupons Relating to Us
    You agree not to offer visitors or customers any discounts or coupons relating to Zappos.com or our products or services."

Seems like rebate / cashback sites are going beyond offering a discount by offering cash back... anyone know Zappos' stance on it?

They don't allow parasites - anyone know if irebates technology, used in these clone sites everywhere, has ever been tied to adware / parasiteware?

Received a reply today:

"Thank you for your email. We do our best to remain parasite free. We have not changed our guidelines on using parasites. We will look into this issue as soon as possible."

Sounds positive at least - when I once talked to a CJ rep about parasites, she didn't use the word, pretending they were something else. Looks like some may have snuck in the back door at Zappos.

"Thank you for your email. We have reviewed all of the websites you have listed. When reviewing the websites we noticed they are not offering a coupon or discount on our behalf, they are stating we offer free shipping, which is something we do offer. We do see they are offering the consumer an 8% cash back rebate, which is acceptable at this time.

We also looked into Care2.com; they are not a part of our Associate Program and have not been a part of our program for a very long time. It does look like they have an old link to us up. We (along with CJ) are looking into this matter. Thanks for letting us know."

"8% cash-back rebate" seems like a trick to get around the wording to me - and how do they track this?

Internet Cowboy
    I am beginning to scale my Zappos operation back and shift those resourced elsewhere. The Zappos affiliate program is a sinking ship. Sinking slowly, but sinking just the same.

They have affiliates flagrantly breaking their TOS and don't care. Just a matter of time before eBates et al are in there.

Cash back and/or rebate sites are not offering coupons, it is different. Many sites promote free shipping, but that is always on their site. Rebate sites are NOT breaking the TOS by offering rebates. Still the best convering shoe site.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread