Thread: PPC Options

ABW Ambassador
    PPC Options
    I don't know if this is a stupid question, but I'm new to PPC. Is there a problem with me sending the traffic straight to BettyMills.com through Adwords without it going through one of my sites first as long as I don't use the Betty Mills name in my keywords? Betty Mills would be in the display url of course though.

Is this a problem? Or is everyone doing this stuff?

Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone?

Affiliate Manager
    Thank you for wanting to send traffic directly to Betty Mills. Unfortunately, what you are proposing violates Google's affiliate policy on PPC campaigns. Google now limits the Adwords listing to one per domain. From Google's point of view, doing so will eliminate cluttered listings and promote more relevant ads.

The new policy according to Google - 'With this new affiliate policy, we'll only display one ad per search query for affiliates and parent companies sharing the same URL. This way, users will have a more diverse sampling of advertisements to choose from. As always, your ad will be displayed based on its Ad Rank for given searches, which is determined by a combination of your ad's maximum cost-per-click (price) and clickthrough rate (performance).'

Our advice -- if you want to utilize PPC campaigns, send traffic directly to your site to relevant pages. Remember if you are specific in your ads, direct the customer to that page specifically; ie if you are advertising for sheds, point them to your shed page vs your home page - this will greatly increase your conversion rate.

Let us know if you have further questions.

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you for the reply. I was thinking that it was one url per results page on Google, not search query... er, I don't really know what I was thinking. Guess I need to read it better.

But thank you for the input, I guess I need to design a new site!

Thanks again.

Mabelle,

what they are proposing will not violate adwords policy, but it might cut into any PPC that bettymills has in place right now.

one ad (based on display url) per keyword be it betty's or someone else...no viloation, just less keywords pointed at bettymills.com. If you don't have an aggresive program running there is no reason not to allow this...for all of your affiliates...

let them duke it out after you define the no touch money terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabelle Delgado
    Unfortunately, what you are proposing violates Google's affiliate policy on PPC campaigns.
    This is false. Google will simply alternate ads depending on CTR and CPC. Some programs forbid using the merchants name as the display url, and in that case you need to make a site. But if there's no problem with the merchant, it's perfectly legal, Google-wise.

7. Newsletter Signup