Any way to know which adds one uses are clicked on?
    Hi,

First post, Is there any setting on shareasale that allows me to see which adds I am using which are generating the clicks?

Thanks
    Donald

Well for merchants you can look at Reports>Banner Performance to see which ads are getting clicks. Not sure if it's the same for affiliates.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    You might try appending unique SAS link afftrack id's to track their individual performance.

I have been spending some time trying to get some good exit URL tracking going. Google analytics keeps popping up but they haven't given me an invite, and I'm not sure I want to be overly dependent on them anyway. The daily stats at SAS only gives the URL of the last click inbound to them.

Disappointing
    Hi,

I would have expected to have a way to find out which banners are working and which aren't. As each banner has it's own unique marker and an affiliates unique marker - and SAS uses it to provide merchants with banner stats - then how about SAS providing us with the stats we need to maximise our sites potentials?

If I knew what was being clicked on from my sites, I'd know better about which banners to focus on, which products to focus on. To give one example, same size banners, same merchant, but one had a nice back ground that stood out well and got my attention, every one in our family who looked at it, preffered it over the other banner that was bland, difficult to read and generally looked yuk. But guess what, it was the yuk banner that got the clicks! In order to find that out, I had to run the banners over different days and just watch the clicks in my link reports.

With over 200 webpages across two domains, I cant really be expected to do this labor intensive banner analysis for every merchants banner. I should be able to run them all and then choose the ones that work. That's good for me, that's good for increasing merchants profits and SAS profits also.

So how about it SAS? You are collecting all the information anyway, it wouldn't take much of a computer program to give us the good stats that we need too.

Thanks and kind regards,
    Donald.

ABW Ambassador
    We can tell what they clicked on when sales are reported, and I use that to know what to put more of up. This is the only network that gives that kind of detail so easily, without doing anything, and it's helped make me some nice $. I've identified a few very nice niche products using that.

My main concern is what people are actually buying, but I can see knowing which links for things being helpful, like assessing which type of links and where on the pages clicks are attracted, though it may take a LOT of resources for a network to provide that much detail for all clicks and may or may not give them enough ROI in terms of expending their efforts on it. Only they'd know about that.

I'd think it's easier and cheaper all around for publishers to track their own.

How would I track?
    Hi,

How would one track which adds are clicked on? Is there a particular program? I haven't come across any that do much as of yet, hopefully you may.

I would differ about the resources required. The statisitics are there with SAS, they just have to modify their program so that we can then use them for our need. If merchants can have those type of stats per banner, so should we I think.

Many of you guys are doing remarkable things, you start with a merchant then build a web site round their products. I'm trying to go round this the opposite way, I have two successful web sites, now I'm trying to recover the expenses and so on that went into them, as well as make some money to allow further expansion. So I try to target the adds as best I can, but it is proving quite difficult - one section of one of my sites has around 100 visitors per day, they chalk up about 400 page impressions, but even with Google adsense, I'm lucky to get 15 clicks per month. So I need to be able to run a set of adds every two days until I find out which ones result in clicks. That is very very difficult if you cant see what people are clicking on.

Thanks
    Donald.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread