How did you decide which program to promote?
    We have just developed a new program and are looking to recruit affiliates.

There are several companies that for a fee will promote your affiliate program in one shot.

Does anyone have any experience with these firms?

Anyone with recommendations as to the best place to get the word out on a new program

Thanks

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Marginalize those affiliate directory listing services and just buy some ABW banners and a forum. Even a new program announcement here will get you buzz if your site and product look sellable.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

thanks for the reply,

Just checking out my options, what are your thoughts on affiliate-announce.com

my site is not live yet,

any more thoughts on this

Thanks

Tim
    Last edited by SearchPro; March 26th, 2006 at 03:59 PM.

Cool
    It has been years since I've used "directories" to find merchant programs. I use search engines to find some merchants and the main networks for most.

And unsolicited offers are usually trashed automatically.

ABW Ambassador
    I'd like to address the question asked in this thread title:

How did you decide which program to promote?
    Personally, I select merchants niche by niche or season by season, but how I select them within those parameters involves a few things. First, does the site look like it'll convert? Is the merchant trustworthy, or seem to be? How about commissions, return days and type of linking tools available?

Merchants or AMs who have shown themselves here at ABW for a while will always get first dibs simply because there's already a foundation set by reason of "acquaintance." With affiliate directories, I always suspect that there could be a second-tier advantage for them to make recommendations. I never have used them, just never got around to it.

The advantage of announcing here at ABW is that in many cases the merchant ends up getting the equivalent of FREE market research in the way of discussion and/or critique by experienced affiliates, and any advice to improve a program can't help but be beneficial for any merchant, particularly those starting out from scratch.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    What webworker said - I strongly ditto!!

I usually trash the network new merchant announcements because - and I hate to say this - I don't feel they have my inerests in mind. For example, they'll state the merchant offers a GENEROUS 1% commission.

If you do the legwork - search Goog for your product - and personally contact an affiliate, those at least get read - and I actually respond to the personal emails.

Thanks for the feedback
    Our product is clickbank product, it allows you to locate various records online
    People Search etc. It is not just a collection of links to other sites, I checked out the competition, it seems almost all are merely a collection of links to public info sites.

It does not seem like the clickbank forum here is very active. do you feel a banner ad would be effective in this forum.

thanks again

Tim

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread