Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Question Parents Discussion Forum - Recommendations
    Hi All

Anyone know of a good forum for Parents, special focus on kids who have a tendancy to break bones on a frequent basis and then drive their parents nuts during recovery

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Hi All

Anyone know of a good forum for Parents, special focus on kids who have a tendancy to break bones on a frequent basis and then drive their parents nuts during recovery

Cheers

Chris
    Not another broken bone?! Your son just broke his ankle a few weeks ago!!! Yikes - I'm glad I have girls!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Your son just broke his ankle a few weeks ago!!!
    Rexanne, at this point the parents are probably losing it.

Yikes - I'm glad I have girls!
    I had it with my girl, first an elbow impact fracture and then an ankle. Ankle still a few times more in adulthook, it's either weakened or doesn't seem to do stairs too well.

No idea about forums Chris, but we parents can probably come up with some ideas here. By himself, coloring books, jigsaw puzzles, TV, videos - but that gets old after a while.

Games for pre-schoolers, with sister or Mom to play. There used to be a card game called "Go Fish" that had cards shaped like fish in different colors - they learn their colors that way and it's easy. Then, Candyland and Chutes and Ladders are lots of fun, even for grownups and even if the child has to be helped along a bit. And reading to him, of course.

Another thing - he is NOT too young to start to teach him to read (and maybe very simple early math). Educational supply stores have not only primary grades but pre-school as well.

It's been a while, that's about all I remember - it can be maddening, especially when they start whining.

ABW Ambassador
    HOw about starting a parent forum here. I could use one too - for parents of kids who use their younger brother for target practice.
    Thankfully, my son finally outgrew that.. and his aim is terrible.

You could send your kids for music lessons. Sometimes my kids would sit at the piano for ages composing some melody together, writing the music notes down on a stack of paper stapled together and naming their new songs.

ABW Ambassador
    music lessons
    Piano yes - drums no.

I don't use the forums there much, but BabyCenter.com has a tremendous number of articles that we've found very helpful. You can also enter your kids' birthdays and get weekly emails about age-relevant issues.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

No it's not a new bone, it's still the shin break

Thanks for the ideas and also the PMs I was sent. He's great with Jigsaws loves them, colors he gets bored of really fast though, might try Music with him good idea, though it'll need to be FAR from the house, the idea of Alex banging away on the keyboard of a Piano is scary

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Try getting him a kazoo. Those are almost foolproof musical toys, and are "instrument-like" enough for young kids who aren't serious about (or even interested in) learning a real instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Hi All

No it's not a new bone, it's still the shin break

Thanks for the ideas and also the PMs I was sent. He's great with Jigsaws loves them, colors he gets bored of really fast though, might try Music with him good idea, though it'll need to be FAR from the house, the idea of Alex banging away on the keyboard of a Piano is scary

Cheers

Chris
    Give him Accoustic guitar lessons
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I don't use the forums there much, but BabyCenter.com has a tremendous number of articles that we've found very helpful. You can also enter your kids' birthdays and get weekly emails about age-relevant issues.
    Just to give you an example of the newsletters that BabyCenter sends out, Grace is 6 months old today and here's some of the stuff from the newsletter I got today (with links removed):

This month your baby will really learn to put his hands to good use. He'll quickly master the art of raking objects toward himself and he'll figure out how to move something from one hand to the other. And once he learns that he can hold something in each hand, he'll quickly realize how much fun it is to bang them together. He'll want to practice this new skill, so if you think you can stand the noise, set aside one kitchen drawer or cabinet and fill it with baby-safe pots and pans for him to play with.

Your house may be safe for a curious 6-month-old, but what about motel rooms or your parents' house? We'll help you get where you're going and make sure it's safe for your baby when you arrive:

Secrets to successful travel with your baby
    How to babyproof your hotel room
    More safety tips from other moms and dads
    Travel essentials: Shop for products that help make journeys with your baby safe and sane, like our cool car seat and stroller in one.

Your Baby's Latest Milestones

At 6 months, most babies have learned to roll over in both directions fun for them but potentially nerve-wracking for you. It's just one of the many physical milestones that your baby will reach over the next few months:

How to encourage your baby's sitting skills
    Your baby will be even more mobile soon. Are you ready for crawling?
    What other new achievements will you soon be able to brag about?
    Shop for an exersaucer that'll let your child use up some of his physical energy while giving you a breather.
    Capture your baby's milestones on camera. Then e-mail photos to everyone!

Other Hot Topics This Week:

Sleep:
    How much does your child need?
    Keep track of your baby's growth
    with our chart
    Which formula is better:
    powdered or ready-to-feed?
    Hold off on shoes
    we'll tell you why
    Should you
    join a playgroup?
    Tons of great things!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    That's anexample of an excellent newsletter. If I had a 6 month old, I'd be devouring the whole thing. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

What's amazing is that it's right on target every week. Lots of relevant, useful stuff for things we're actually going through or will go through soon. And they change things up enough (or I've forgot enough) that it's not exactly the same as the one I got 2 1/2 years ago when Gabriel was 6 months.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

LeapPad LeapFrog.

My brother bought my daughter one and the kids love that thing. It has different games that teach them basic math and reading skills and different drawing programs. My just turned 3 yr old son loves it and when in the mood he plays with it for extended periods of time.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Yeah, I love the concept of those educational video game systems. Imagine how smart we would have been if we would have played education video games instead of Pacman, Galaga, Donkey Kong, Centipede, and all the Atari 2600 games.

My son has a V.Smile, and he loves it. Most of it is still a little beyond him (he's almost 3) right now, but I think that's perfect. I can see that it has enough to keep him challenged for several years. They have games for ages 3-5, 4-6, and 5-7.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thinking some more about this, I'm thinking that it's less a case of how to occupy the child than how parents can effectively cope with and relieve the stress they're put under.

BabyCenter is def a great resource. My little one is 3 and I've been on it since I first found out I was pregnant.

I do alot of reading with my son and he gets taught alot of music. My very good friend is a Psychology Professor and he has been studying the effects of various types of music on preschool aged children.

The findings, as you may already have guessed, are that these kids are less aggressive in interacting with one another than children who have not been exposed to this teaching method. Also, children who are exposed to classical, experimental and several types of music have an easier time communicating their needs, yadda yadda yadda.

My point, if I can ever make it is to introduce alot of music to your children and let them create create create!

I don't know about avoiding the broken bones though; my little man is a nut.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread