I'm usually too busy just to surf, but this morning thought I'd have a look around at some sites, and a pop-up from theuseful.com has captured my browser...
    don't they realize it put's customers off!
    This one sits in the taskbar for 15 secs, then pops, closing doesn't work, it just multiplies in your task bar,...now I have three!
    The response I've had from customers is they hate pop-ups, so why do webmasters continue to inflict this "spam" on visitors to their sites, 'cos I sure won't be visiting again.

Just an "P#@***^!! rave!

I also hate popups but I've just put one on every page of my backpackingmall.com site (with a cookie so it only opens once per day)to warn potential customers about scumware.

I have put a "close popup" button on it so I hope visitors do not find it too bad.

I really can't stand them, they're akin to those salespeople who keep coming up to you in a store saying"Can I help you with this...or that" generally annoying the hell out of you until you leave!

The only pop-ups I ever use and only if I have something I want my customers to be aware of (not sales) is the peeker pop, it gets their attention and because of it's novelty people aren't likely to be put off.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread