Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Moderator Nabz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Location
    VY Canis Majoris
    Posts
    1,751
    Is my competetor playing with me?
    $29.95 $4.49 27-Mar-2006 07:12 PST 27-Mar-2006 09:03 PST
    $29.95 $4.49 27-Mar-2006 08:56 PST 27-Mar-2006 10:03 PST
    $29.95 $4.49 27-Mar-2006 08:56 PST 27-Mar-2006 10:03 PST
    $29.95 $4.49 27-Mar-2006 08:57 PST 27-Mar-2006 10:03 PST

    Sales from same merchant today. Can these possibly be ligimate sales? I think that those sales are invalid because the middle two sales have exactly the same event time.

  2. #2
    general fuq mrbshouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Argieville
    Posts
    1,381
    are they batched?

  3. #3
    Crazy Cat Lady Heidi's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,685
    I have a similiar thing showing in my reports - i think its a mess up at cj
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

  4. #4
    Moderator Nabz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Location
    VY Canis Majoris
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    are they batched?
    No

    Quote Originally Posted by heidi
    I have a similiar thing showing in my reports - i think its a mess up at cj
    Another upgrade or downgrade coming...

  5. #5
    Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,817
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    $29.95 $4.49 27-Mar-2006 07:12 PST 27-Mar-2006 09:03 PST
    $29.95 $4.49 27-Mar-2006 08:56 PST 27-Mar-2006 10:03 PST
    $29.95 $4.49 27-Mar-2006 08:56 PST 27-Mar-2006 10:03 PST
    $29.95 $4.49 27-Mar-2006 08:57 PST 27-Mar-2006 10:03 PST

    Sales from same merchant today. Can these possibly be ligimate sales? I think that those sales are invalid because the middle two sales have exactly the same event time.
    To me, it looks like an impatient customer caused that pattern.

    If some customer hits the "submit" button multiple times, it causes duplicates just like that. As for why they do that, some people are just impatient. If they came a minute or two apart, I'd say the merchant's site was responding slowly, but in this case it looks like the person got really antsy for those last 3 transactions.

    I can just imagine what was going on at the merchant's site:
    Customer hits "submit order." (Transaction tracks)
    For some reason, the confirmation page doesn't display for them. But, the order went through, and the tracking code was still triggered.
    For a while, the customer tells him/herself that it *must* have gone through.
    They worry about it for about an hour.
    They later decide it must *not* have gone through (especially if they don't get a confirmation email), and decide to order again.
    But now they're irked, so their patience is gone.
    They go ahead order again.
    Nothing happens in the first 1/10th of a second! They think "oh no, it's not going through again!" (It really did; transaction tracks)
    So they click "submit" again (another transaction tracks), and then yet again a second later (another transaction tracks) to be "sure."

    Expect 3 out of 4 of those transactions to be reversed as "duplicate orders." Watch the merchant to make sure they don't try to reverse ALL of them.

    Sometimes the merchant will go ahead and ship them all out, then 2 weeks later comes 3 reversals due to "returned merchandise."
    Occasionally the duplicate-seeming transactions will stick, too. But that's rare.

    For most merchants, this duplication is a rare occurance. But, some have extra-slow carts, and if they do, they'll get more duplicates than others. I had a merchant where nearly every order was duplicated, and when I checked out their cart I found it was slower than molasses...finally they upgraded their site and fixed that, but they left it slow for over a year first...

  6. #6
    Crazy Cat Lady Heidi's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,685
    The merchant that I'm seeing it with is a batch merchant.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

  7. #7
    Moderator Nabz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Location
    VY Canis Majoris
    Posts
    1,751
    @Leader, Maybe thats the problem, I never checked their cart speed.

  8. #8
    15 years and counting
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,121
    Reporting duplicate orders is not great but imagine the customer being charged 4 times for the same transaction.

  9. #9
    Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Reporting duplicate orders is not great but imagine the customer being charged 4 times for the same transaction.
    They probably were, if they process transactions in real-time. 4 charges and then 3 chargebacks. That won't make the customer feel too great...

    @ nabeelk-- If it only happens occasionally, it's probably just that the customer was extra-impatient.

    @ Heidi--Batch merchants can have that happen, too, if they don't spot the pattern before they send it up.

    If I started seeing it with several merchants at the same time, then I'd start looking in CJ's direction. I can't say *for sure* that it's not CJ, but from the info in this thread it doesn't seem to be...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

  10. #10
    Full Member
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2005
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    $29.95 $4.49 27-Mar-2006 07:12 PST 27-Mar-2006 09:03 PST
    $29.95 $4.49 27-Mar-2006 08:56 PST 27-Mar-2006 10:03 PST
    $29.95 $4.49 27-Mar-2006 08:56 PST 27-Mar-2006 10:03 PST
    $29.95 $4.49 27-Mar-2006 08:57 PST 27-Mar-2006 10:03 PST

    Sales from same merchant today. Can these possibly be ligimate sales? I think that those sales are invalid because the middle two sales have exactly the same event time.
    nabeelk

    You better contact CJ as soon as possible, I have the same problem as you last time,and CJ close my account, fininally they let me open another account.
    But I lost 2 monthes commission.

    I am a small affiliate with CJ,so I don't lost much money actually. I guess somebody play me lost more time than I earned.

    I am not sure who's problem it is, But I believe you are at the same situation as me before.

    And I guess you are at the same server as my previous account, I found when you posted something , most of the time I have the same problem as you.

    Not every one in CJ really know something, you need to talk to the right person.

    You need to act fast.Take care and good luck.

  11. #11
    Moderator Nabz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Location
    VY Canis Majoris
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin
    nabeelk

    You better contact CJ as soon as possible, I have the same problem as you last time,and CJ close my account, fininally they let me open another account.
    But I lost 2 monthes commission.

    I am a small affiliate with CJ,so I don't lost much money actually. I guess somebody play me lost more time than I earned.

    I am not sure who's problem it is, But I believe you are at the same situation as me before.

    And I guess you are at the same server as my previous account, I found when you posted something , most of the time I have the same problem as you.

    Not every one in CJ really know something, you need to talk to the right person.

    You need to act fast.Take care and good luck.
    I have good relationship with this advertiser. They will just reverse the invalid sales and will not make any big issue, as I expect. And about CJ, I'm not a small affiliate anymore so they will have to investigate (If any fraud occures) before kicking me out.

  12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. playing around with Tradedoubler?
    By mrinmay235 in forum UK/European Affiliates
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 30th, 2008, 03:07 PM
  2. Playing with fire
    By Carolyn - ShareASale in forum Photo Gallery
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: October 7th, 2006, 12:19 AM
  3. Is everyone playing a game
    By nothere in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 29th, 2004, 08:04 AM
  4. I'm Not Playing This Game Any More
    By Tracy in forum Google Affiliate Network - GAN
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: December 17th, 2002, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •