Thumbs down Having a hell of a time with linkshare!!
    I have been with linkshare for 2 years and I have only had 2 sales the whole
    time I have been with them. I have about 2000 clicks per month To Avon,
    Enterprise,Fingerhut Direct. I cannot believe out of all the people I have
    directed to them there are no sales. I want to know how do I know that
    I have sales do I just rely on them to tell me.

ABW Ambassador
    With 2 sales in 2 years, it's something on your end. Try a test purchase or 2 and check your links.

15 years and counting
    2000 clicks directed to the wrong merchants and you can get 2 sales in 2 years.
    2000 clicks is not much, I don't work with Avon, Enterprise, or Fingerhut Direct, so I can't compare with my own epc.
    Avon, Enterprise, Fingerhut Direct are all on ebates merchant list. Even if the first two are coupons only, you're losing a fair number of your 2000 clicks to parasites. If they are working with eBates, you have a good chance also to find these merchants with most of the parasites. In such conditions, 2 sales, it's not too bad.

It's not worth your time to keep them on your site, just look for better converting, parasite free merchants.

PS: Just reading about 2000 clicks a month not a year. Get rid of these merchants.

ABW Ambassador
    "2000 clicks per month"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Avon, Enterprise, Fingerhut Direct are all on ebates merchant list. Even if the first two are coupons only, you're losing a fair number of your 2000 clicks to parasites.
    What about affiliates who use direct product links?

I'm not a big coupon pusher, but I do feature some pics of Avon cosmetics -- are those potential sales being chewed up by parasite monsters?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

15 years and counting
    are those potential sales being chewed up by parasite monsters?
    If your visitors are not using Ebates or have MMM on their PCs or other parasites, you're safe.

Now, look at the reach of eBates and all others using TopMoxie application and tell me what's your share of the market. It's shrinking everyday.
    If your websites are about verticals infested by parasites, well, you're in trouble.

Direct links or not, they are washing your cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by trcyph
    I have about 2000 clicks per month To Avon,
    Enterprise,Fingerhut Direct..
    You most likely would have done better to write about those places and what they have to offer - then put Adsense on the page. At least that way you would have gotten paid for the clicks.

Don't kill the page if it has good traffic - just slap on some adsense and move on to better merchants.

IMHO...
    Ebudae

Quote Originally Posted by Ebudae
    You most likely would have done better to write about those places and what they have to offer - then put Adsense on the page. At least that way you would have gotten paid for the clicks.

Don't kill the page if it has good traffic - just slap on some adsense and move on to better merchants.

IMHO...
    That's a great idea.

I love to write about products and stores and places.

I could continue to do that, continue to place pretty advertisements by Avon on my beauty pages, and then in case of cookie difficulties, at least Adsense might offer some revenue -- but how much revenue does Adsense offer? I was never fully convinced that Adsense would offer substantial revenue.

As for Adwords, it might work for some people but Adwords wouldn't make cents (clever plun ) on my sites (the names of the sites are too general)
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

15 years and counting
    Rhia - but how much revenue does Adsense offer? I was never fully convinced that Adsense would offer substantial revenue.
    I don't use adsense on my sites. It's a choice. But if you have lots of traffic you can make a fortune. You need to know which are the best paying keywords.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I don't use adsense on my sites. It's a choice. But if you have lots of traffic you can make a fortune. You need to know which are the best paying keywords.
    Interesting statement. Thanks for the opinion.

I haven't been a fan of Adsense mainly because I think it looks tacky on a site and also I don't like an outsite party deciding what my visitors will see. Thus I have not activated Adsense.

I like promoting Avon, but if Avon has cookie washers, well then the choice would be either "practically drop" the merchant or proceed as Ebudae suggested. I'll think about those options.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Cool
    considering the fact that there are many choices of ad patch shapes from adsense, there should be a way of presenting adsense ads without being too intrusive.

my sites get little traffic but adsense checks show up every month or so.

Agree with Herb - plenty of display options - and that adsense check each month more than pays for my hosting bill.

Actually, some of the most successful AdSense sites deliberately make the AdSense ad as obtrustive as possible, while making them look like a part of the site.

Personally, I don't like that, but that's what many AdSense guru's advocate.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I think one of the messages stated here, although not stated strong enough, is that you may want to move to a non parasitic merchant (or maybe even a network that works to protect your sales). I have been moving in that direction and am seeing a difference.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I think one of the messages stated here, although not stated strong enough, is that you may want to move to a non parasitic merchant (or maybe even a network that works to protect your sales). I have been moving in that direction and am seeing a difference.
    I've made an attempt to move in that direction.
    I joined Shareasale and Kolimbo after learniong about them and reading discussions here on ABW.

The one problem is that Linkshare and CJ *still* have the best cosmetics AMs.
    It's hard to totally walk away.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    His problem is not a parasite problem. If anybody is in a network for 2 years and only had 2 sales, and posting sending 2000 clicks a month. It's something on his end. I've gotten sales this month from Avon and Fingerhut, have had sales with Enterprise in the past.

15 years and counting
    I agree with Trust, 2000 clicks a month directed to 3 merchants during 2 years with only 2 sales. It can't be normal.

Something wrong on his side. First you make it only if you're an active affiliates. 1 month, 2000 clicks and only 2 sales, you start to wonder, after 3 months, you have to switch links.

Parasites are taking their cut, let's say 10 to 30%, max on an infested vertical not 99%.

We're talking about 48000 clicks. I've a minimum of 1600 sales with this number of clicks.

Sorry, I do agree also. It must be something on his end, but 2000 clicks is hardly enough to know for sure. I have merchants I have had up for a year with as many clicks and I never get sales. Wrong merchants for my types of sites or too high of priced products or something else. I may never know.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread