Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    This is the ad that will run NET WIDE starting on Monday the 17th - we have arranged for 2,500,000 daily impressions - Enjoy it, merchants!

Image http://216.122.217.121/boycott.gif
    Url http://www.merchantboycott.com

Haiko

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

That's some serious exposure there :eek:

How long is it running for?

Fish,

10 days, at first to fix this whenU crap, then we will make the companies that offer a 0 or 1 day cookie to change their terms and so on and so on (in their own specific ad campaigns) ... till we fix Lex et al's lack of testicular fortitude.

Success is a journey, not a destination ... step by step we will make affiliate marketing a level playing field!

Haiko

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

I'm sure everyone here would put a banner (or 3) somewhere on their site too.

Every little helps [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If anyone wants to design the page or logo or write some copy (anonymously or full credit) just post here or PM me and it will be done ... Freddy is doing the PR and I have arraigned for ads, and hosting.

I think it would be great if we all put this on our sites also ... I will set up a deal in the ABW BE for anyone who does.

Haiko

Wow Haiko, if you're in the business how could you not click that banner, sure to get lots of reaction!

You still have catalog city on merchantboycott.com, but you'll find they've cleared their name here.

That's one down, 2 more to go for me anyway.

Fish,

Fixed!

It was the old list ... as I'm still making the site I wanted to have something there if anyone went to it.

Haiko

there are a lot more advertisers that we dont like anymore whos names you could add to MerchantBoycott.com

put funnymail, exposingart and passionup on there

thats a good banner, im sure it will get lots of clicks, wait a minute, 2 and a half million a day, thats going to put the willies up them :eek:

have i seen that hand somewhere before? is it the "rejected" icon from cj or just deja vu? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Austin,

I'll add them! Any others?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>have i seen that hand somewhere before? is it the "rejected" icon from cj or just deja vu? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poetic Justice!, but I did alter it so it is not a © infringement (sorry Lex ;D )

To those who have PMed me thank you and please we need more lets keep on! It is CONFIDENTIAL no need to worry!

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    ummhh got to mail this to my friends....
    Long time since a MAJOR program like this started...iboost got their pounding but hasnt helped much
    Hope this one does

Regards
    TGO

TGO,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hope this one does<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We will do our best ... and trust me that will be a MAJOR thing!

[ Fixed UBB Code ]

Haiko

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

ABW Ambassador
    wait wait wait... I have a problem with adding merchants to the list for reasons other than WhenU (or other scumware) -- if we diversify the list like that it becomes extremely grey -- we lose focus and impact.

And I know that I, personally, can't support that.

One issue at a time.

Haiko

I am stuck for words. I feel so inadequate at not being any use to you in this campaign, but I can assure you as soon as I get any replies from the e-mails I have sent they will be forwarded to you. Also this banner will feature on a lot more than three pages of my sites I can assure you.

Keep up the good work, make the shady merchants of the world shudder when they hear of AbestWeb

i dont see a problem, make the main focus of the domain scumware related but include pages that list merchants with dire cookie durations, unacceptable chargebacks and advertises that make the user jump through hoops before the humble affiliate can make an honest commish, i think this will be the death of whenu and a quick one at that so merchantboycott.com will need to focus on all of the childrens magic tricks that are being performed just for the longevity of the site

Actually, Cedric is right ... lets attack one thing at a time!

#1 WhenU

then we go after the others ... step by step.

Haiko

Gordon,

Inadequate ... Applesauce!

We do this, together ... CJ et al won't but WE, as a team will! Every Email, ad and notice WE all do is powerful!

WE must put our feet down and change how this are being done ... and together WE will!

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    baby's Heaven has sent an email, via CJ messaging, that they have dropped whenu. we're getting somewhere with this. this is the less formal version of an "affiliate union" - when we work collectively (together) toward a cause we can achieve some great things. When these merchants realize that there partnership with scumware effects their earning potential they act.

If you have the ability to destroy something, you have the ability to control it

Chuck,

WE will show all the "trusted third parties" that A Best Web Members Don't stand for or take this shoot!
    ABW is a "Union" WE are all one! ABW = BullPucky killers!

Let's ALL keep up the great work!

Haiko

@ ALL,

I forgot to mention that the "paid for" ads will be shown in third party email which is a VERY high CTR ( [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ), this way we get many consumers!

Haiko

Haiko

So it's all right if we save the banner and link it to merchant boycott or should we wait a couple of days.

Chucks right, this could be classified as some sort of union if we all help out we can't lose. Strength in numbers.

Rik,

Monday it will be up ... still waiting for more members to input.

ABW is the "Union" that Chuck said ... WE all have done soooo much these few days ... I am proud to be an ABW member!

Haiko

Haiko, Passion-Up doesn't belong there. He is pulling his e-card program from CJ's. He sent notice out this week. I emailed him about the board here and he responded. He is the highest paying merchant for E-cards and his tracking is good. As a matter of fact he reports leads all day long at Linkshare. Something I haven't seen any other merchant do there.

I also agree with Cedric. Don't loose focus on what this is about.

Haiko, Gator is the worse of them all. They cover your banner with their banner. Don't exclude them. They are wose than any scumware that is out there.

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Packy ]

ABW Ambassador
    provide a link, and I'll post the banner on my site. a brief text description/link would be good, too.

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

Haiko,
    Your THE Man!

Are you going to add a brief reason why someone should NOT do business with those companies. ie they are pathetic scum that screw their affiliates. For more info, click here.

Also, for the blacklisted merchant is there going to be a "How to get off the list"?

PS. Do you ever sleep? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast