ABW Ambassador
    Bug: Enrolled in Program but still Pending
    It says I'm enrolled and I got a "welcome" email, but if I go to my merchant list to get links for the merchant, it says it's still pending. Which is it?

This is only a preview of the merchant's creative. Using these banners to promote a merchant will NOT result in a commission. You must apply for the merchant's program, and download the links AFTER you are approved for use of their banners.
    It's Dimples 'n Dandelions. I can't apply again and can't get links either, so what happens now?

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    webworker,

you'll need to send me your userID or username so that I can look into your account.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Web,

Look at the welcome letter again. Be sure it is not just the canned letter that each merchant (that doesn't auto approve) sends to recognize that you have applied and that your site is under consideration and another letter of acceptance or rejection will follow after your site has been reviewed.

Gene
    TCS

ABW Ambassador
    coolest one, when I browse merchants to join it's noted that I'm enrolled in the program. I also have sent a message to the merchant to verify acceptance from their end.

I've had something like this happen before (I think it was with Geno's Russian site) so it may be a bug that needs some attention, hence the reason for posting.

Will do Brian, check your PM in a few. Thanks!!

Webworker,

I have the same exact status with a merchant that I just applied to. If you re-examine the letter you received, you will see that it is only the canned letter and a letter of acceptance or rejection will be forth coming. I don't mean to be argumentive, this is always the way it is with merchants that don't auto approve. This can be misleading.

Gene
    TCS

ABW Ambassador
    OK, so then for the sake of consistency and to avoid confusion, this should not be the text of any automated responses.

Thank you for applying for our affiliate program, we look forward to a
    successful mutually beneficial relationship. If you have any
    questions, please contact us at 214-245-4456
    Until actual approval, it should say that the app is being reviewed. Combined with the conflicting messages about status in two places in the interface, it is very, very confusing.

Until approval, this should say "pending" or "enrollment pending" or "application pending" when looking at the merchant list, instead of saying Enrolled in Program.

Dimples and Dandelions
    www.dimplesanddandelions.com Clothing 10.00 %
    $ 0.00 $ 0.00 [View Details of this Program] [Enrolled in Program]

Webworker,

I agree 100%. It is indeed confusing and misleading.

Gene
    TCS

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    It says I'm enrolled and I got a "welcome" email, but if I go to my merchant list to get links for the merchant, it says it's still pending. Which is it?
    This is only a preview of the merchant's creative. Using these banners to promote a merchant will NOT result in a commission. You must apply for the merchant's program, and download the links AFTER you are approved for use of their banners.
    The same thing has happend to me with Arabian Bazaar and Baltic Heirlooms.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    The same thing has happend to me with Arabian Bazaar and Baltic Heirlooms.
    I figured it's possibly happened with other people, because it's happened to me before and the merchant went in and approved me again. Hence thinking it could be a system bug, or maybe there's something in the merchant interface that's at times overlooked.

Rhia7, how did you end up getting those straightened out?

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    I figured it's possibly happened with other people, because it's happened to me before and the merchant went in and approved me again. Hence thinking it could be a system bug, or maybe there's something in the merchant interface that's at times overlooked.

Rhia7, how did you end up getting those straightened out?
    I'll admit that no action has been taken to solve the problem yet.

Baltic Heirlooms has "Low Funds" so I feel the problem is with that company and I'm in no rush to promote a company that might not pay me on a timely basis due to "low funds."

Arabian Bazaar offers some interesting items that would go well with "New Age" sites but I wonder if there is a reason why the AM is taking so long to approve my site(s)? One section has a bit of "New Age feel" to it, but I bought 2 other domains to offer ideas/products without my "New Age appeal."

I do not think that any of my sites go against their TOS.
    I own 3 top level domain names plus I run subdomains which I started way back (i.e. 1997)
    One of my domains is destined to take over the popular subdomain, but the popular subdomain still brings in the money so I continue using it.

The other two domains do not necessarily have a "New Age feel" unless you consider a link to my main site to be ipso facto "New Age."

I would be happy to limit their links to top domains.

I am known for a site with a "New Age feeling" but I DO NOT consider it to be a "Horoscope Site" or a "WitchCraft/Black Magic" site -- if the company is against mention of a certain type of card deck, perhaps that is why they are taking so long.

If the company from Sharjah, United Arab Emirates holds it against me that I was an official (yet modest) "Scream Queen" in 1999, I can't erase that past nor do I want to because there is a "Halloween themed" section of my site, but that is well separated from the other sections of my site(s). I generate more revenue from Halloween stuff than anything else combined. My biggest CJ check ever was based on Halloween related products and I seem to have the flair to sell that stuff throughout the year.

I have so many merchants and I do everything by hand that I just ignored merchants who put me in "pending."

I won't place banners on my sites without a full acceptance (i.e. I want to know without a doubt that links/banners/etc. that sell products will be paid the commission).

I don't plan to do anything. I like to be warmly accepted if possible, and if I get put into "pending" I'll wait and focus on another merchant.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    you'll need to send me your userID or username so that I can look into your account.
    Same happened to me but Brian I cannot send you a message through the forum because "I do not have enough posts to use the ABestWeb Private Message system". Unless you want me to send you an ordinary email which I will if you agree.

I was introduced to Shareasale by my merchant who joined the program recently. I was affiliated with him before he became a SS merchant, that is. He sent me a notification that my old affiliate urls will expire and that I should join with SS if I wanted to continue selling his stuff.

Which I did, then I received an automatic "Congratulations" response that "I've taken the first important step to joining the Affiliate Partnership at Soanso" and that "This letter by itself is not an indication that I have been approved, or not-approved for the program" and that I should "check my account online for approval status".

My account online states "Enrolled in Program" but like webworker, if I go to my merchant list to get links for the merchant, it says it's still pending.

What do I do now please?

It seems this is an SS thing, because my merchant definitely wants me as affiliate, proof being the letter he sent me, would he send it to me if he were not interested in our collaboration? Let alone that my website holds excellent positions on the serps - he wouldn't want to put an end to our collaboration.

Maria

Maria,

Have patience. Enrolled in program simply means you have applied. Pending means that the merchant has not reviewed your application yet. If your patience is stretched thin, then contact the merchant directly to alert him to your application. Good luck! This has not proven to be a bug in SAS to my experience. Review, acceptance or declination can take several days.

Gene
    TCS

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread