Target and Walmart Do Not Pay
    I tried linkshare over the holidays. I have yet to receive payment for commissions I earned in November and December for both Target and Walmart. The amount owed to me is well over the payment threshold. I've sent linkshare a non-payment email notice 3 times regarding this matter with no response other than the autoresponder that says I will be contacted directly and a notice has been sent to the merchant. I work very hard to promote my websites and merchant products and as a result am in the top tier of affiliates on cj. I have never ever had a problem like this in the many years I have been with cj. At the most a paycheck may have been delayed a few days. I will never ever promote linkshare merchants again until they do something about this absurd payment situation. I am seriously thinking of filing a lawsuit against the merchants who have stiffed me out of my commissions. I enriched their pockets by generating sales for them and they need to pay me for my efforts as agreed. PERIOD. I do not work for free for anybody.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Babyann65,
    There are a few reasons why your account may be on hold and you have not received payment.
    1. You have not registered your account through Athena, our registration system that was launched in April 2005. Affiliates are still able to log-in and manage their LinkShare accounts. However, beginning in May 2005, affiliates that have not updated their registration information to obtain a master account will no longer be eligible to receive payment of commissions. If you are not registered through Athena, there is probably a message that comes up when you log-in. If you are a U.S. tax payer you will be required to register a tax ID. This may be either a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) depending on your situation.

2. You may not be owed any commissions or your merchants have not paid for the specific time period. Check the Merchant Payment History Report. (Target and Wal-Mart have paid December commissions)

3. You may have a payment threshold set. Log into your account, select "Your Account”, select "Update Profile", select a channel, scroll down to "Payment - Payment Threshold [optional]", change your threshold, and click update at bottom of the screen.

4. Your account may have a hold because your email is not valid or has been caught in a spam filter. If this is the case, you will see the instructions to validate your address when you log into your account.

Ranae

Hi Ranae

I have a question regarding the message screen that displays every time I log into LinkShare. I'm fairly new to LinkShare, but I always get the screen that tells me "We are unable to validate one or more pieces of your profile information at this time." The problem is that we are not given a clue as to what cannot be veriifed. I have gone over the data dozens of times and everything is absolutely correct and easily verifyable. I have even sent messages to LinkShare inquiring about the issue, but have not received a reply.

Are others seeing the same message? Is there some way to figure out what is triggering the message?
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

I get this message, too. I emailed asking about it, but never recieved a straight answer.

Paid by Target for Dec in the March 8 batch

Tech and Bethany,
    We still have affiliates that have not been validated through Athena. As long as you register through Athena, you will receive your commission payments. We work with a third-party to validate affiliates. For now, do not worry about validation.

LinkShare does look at the affiliates that are not validated to make sure that there is nothing suspicious about those accounts.

Ranae

Linkshare Moderator:
    It looks like reason #1 might be the issue. I just completed this master registration...now how long before I can expect the payments to go out?
    Also, why wasn't I ever contacted by Linkshare to get this issue resolved? I sent you 3 notices of non-payment. You have my correct email address.

ABW Ambassador
    "Are others seeing the same message?"

Yep, I see it. It's because I moved recently. So if you don't see it now and move, you'll see it. But I'm still getting the checks, which is the important thing.

babyann65,
    You should be paid with the next batch payment around April 8. There were a lot of communications when we launched Athena in March 2005. I do not know why you did not receive a response to your emails. One of the best ways to reach our Affiliate Support department is completing this help form http://www.linkshare.com/contactus/a...esupport.shtml.

Ranae

ABW Ambassador
    Actually the best way is to call them. I've never gotten a response from filling out those support forms. Not one. Maybe the LS mods can put that number in their sig. You shouldn't have to call, they should answer those support forms or take it down.

Ranae,

Could you PLEASE pass this up to the upper brass? Communication with LS is far from perfect. Affiliates and even merchants have complained about it here for years. I know on your end it seems to be working, but from our end we see lots of cracks and holes in the system.

There should be just one support system, not several email address, an online system and a phone system. Only one of those seems to work (the phone) and that is not a very practical method as someone from LS needs write down the problem and send it to someone else.

I am real sincere about this and hope you are too. We've had moderator after moderator tell us that there really is no problem and give us all kinds of contact information, but the system still has huge flaws. No request from an affiliate should go unanswered!

Thanks in advance for taking this seriously.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by skishore2006
    Paid by Target for Dec in the March 8 batch

I received both my Target Nov and Dec in the March Batch. Also Dec Walmart.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread