%100 Parasite Free - Is it Possible?
    Hi everyone,

We are soon going to launch an affiliate program on SAS and our current topic with our engineers is "How can you be a %100 parasite free merchant"

I read a lot of threads about this topic here and summarized what can be done. But the question is how can you be a %100 parasite free merchant?Certainly not.... You can make it harder for parasites to reach your program but not certainly %100.... (this is my opinion) Here I want to ask / suggest a few things to SAS community in order to better understand this topic. Are there any precautions other than mentioned below?

1- First I will keep my site clean and will be honest (No useless, cookie cleaner pop-ups, software etc.)
    2- Screen my affiliates carefully. After studying the parasite topic I will not move on with Auto-accept option. Do you think so? There is a really good and helpful thread about this issue here

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...light=parasite

Why dont we use a cookie encryption method? In this way, we can prevent stealing commissions thus preventing parasite affiliates signing up with SAS. We can detect IP's who wants to decrypt cookies and report to SAS. I dont know maybe you discussed it somewhere but i couldnt find a thread. We are ready and will be willing to implement this as a prospective merchant.

Finally do SAS have a TRUSTED AFFILIATE or EXCLUSIVE AFFILIATE sign like he did for merchants?

I am not trying to create a workload for SAS, merchants and affiliates but brainstorming on this topic in order to be a %99 parasite free merchant.

Any ideas on this issue will help us and community to create a more parasite free network

Thanks in advance to everybody

Thumbs up
    @ Tartar somebody else had suggested atleast showing a status that this affiliate has made atleast one sale.

I think that is a brilliant Idea.
    being 100% parasite free. Im not sure how far it will be possible but if you are starting a new affiliate program it becomes easier if you screen your affiliates at the time of join up. But if you have over 300 affiliates when you take over a project it becomes much more difficult. To screen all of them one by one and delete the ones you feel are parasites.

The best way is to begin communicating with all of them. All the best to you

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Screen all your affiliates with special care towards any who push incnetives. The put in writing you immediately terminate any affiliate using a BHO to push your links as many at SAS just ride the 3rd world PPCSE engines or jump on the 180Solutions BHO train ride. Then istall www.siteadvisor.com and Google your buying keywords and trademarks.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Screen all your affiliates with special care towards any who push incnetives. The put in writing you immediately terminate any affiliate using a BHO to push your links as many at SAS just ride the 3rd world PPCSE engines or jump on the 180Solutions BHO train ride. Then istall www.siteadvisor.com and Google your buying keywords and trademarks.
    siteadvisor looks like a helpful site. I am going to try it.Thank you for your advice.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread