ABW Ambassador
    New Compensation Plan For Amazon
    Earn more all the time -- We are replacing confusing link premiums with higher referral-fee rates for all tiers beyond 20 units. Now you can earn more all the time without worrying about the link types.

1 - 20 = 4%
    21 - 90 = 6%
    91 - 330 = 6.5%
    331 - 940 = 7%
    941 - 1880 = 7.50%
    1881 - 4700 = 8%
    4701 - 9400 = 8.25%
    9401+ = 8.5%

Electronics at 4%

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Electronics at 4%
    Argh. Had to happen soon enough. They had one of the highest commissions on electronics.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

We are replacing confusing link premiums
    Ugh! Even worse. I just realized that it sounds like they're eliminating the 2.5% direct link premium. It looks like commissions are 0.75% - 1% higher (as long as you're over 20 sales) for the same tiers, but a ton of my sales qualify for the 2.5% direct link premium, so this is a major commission cut for me. I just did the calculations, and if this plan would have been in place this quarter, I would have earned 16% less.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

AMZN has a long history of making changes that look good on the outside, but they take away as they give, just the same.

Still, they do pay.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    AMZN has a long history of making changes that look good on the outside, but they take away as they give, just the same.

Still, they do pay.
    And track ... otherwise why bother? Their linking fiasco is hell to work with and their commissions are laughable but ... they have everything and at least they can be counted on to track and pay so I'd rather work with AAmazon than fret over tracking and payment issues elsewhere.

MC - I hear ya on the direct rpoduct link loss. *sigh*
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, there's a few places where I'll lose a little because of premium links but will see next quarter how it turns out overall. Think I'll be in the 7% range which is decent and 4% for electronics is still better than some other electronics merchants, Buy.com at 3%, Vanns.com at 3%, etronics at 2%, abt at 3%, circuit city at 1-3% etc.

If I had to guess why they implemented this change, I would guess it would be to prevent individuals from using their own affiliate links to exclusively purchase merchandise. Hence, if you send over 20 sales a month, you're in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    at least they can be counted on to track and pay
    Don't count on it. They've missed a few test transactions of mine.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

I hope I don't have to post E-Z links, or whatever they called those links that didn't fit into my pages (i.e. the subject matter) in order to get a higher commission.

I always opted for the "Classic pay scale" because I wanted to pick and choose what would be placed on my pages.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I ran the numbers and it would have amounted to a 20% pay cut this quarter. My sites have a 50:50 ratio of electronics to non-electronics, and therefore my 7.5% average commission this quarter (lots of direct links) would go down to 6.0% with the new structure.

They should have kept electronics commissions high but brought back the $10 cap. Sure it would be bad for the big purchases, but considering most are under $200, it would be higher commission than 4%.

ABW Ambassador
    Jumped off to a good start, 19 items, just a couple of more for the 6%.

Most was for an item I was promoting elsewhere but only doing so so. Just threw up a text link to an Amazon search results page and woke up to a nice surprise So that 7% looks possible this month. Need to do some more Amazon work today.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Jumped off to a good start, 19 items, just a couple of more for the 6%.

Most was for an item I was promoting elsewhere but only doing so so. Just threw up a text link to an Amazon search results page and woke up to a nice surprise So that 7% looks possible this month. Need to do some more Amazon work today.
    I easily hit the 6.75 % each month on the last payment plan. It'll be interesting to see the numbers after this Q to compare.

Amazom conversion rates for my site are so far superior than any other network or merchant it's shocking. I convert at about 5% on Amazon each month compared to max 2% anywhere else. If they offered a better commission, I'd only use their links but it's losing money to use them if I can find a halfway decent merchant with the same products. One thing I have to say about Amazon ... they convert and their tracking never seems to be affected!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Outsourced Program Manager
    Yeah, there's a few places where I'll lose a little because of premium links but will see next quarter how it turns out overall. Think I'll be in the 7% range which is decent and 4% for electronics is still better than some other electronics merchants, Buy.com at 3%, Vanns.com at 3%, etronics at 2%, abt at 3%, circuit city at 1-3% etc.
    Don't forget about JR.com - 5% flat for all products including electronics.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh yeah, how can I forget about my favorite electronics merchant, J&R and Amazon are 1-2 for me as far as electronics. I posted elsewhere that I had some recent electronics purchases from them. Also from checking around, they have some of the best prices. And the 30 day cookie is nice too

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread