The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Another example of why I don't get a commission
    I like this AM, so I need to phrase this without venom... but

http://www.taylorgifts.com/prodetail...mNo~D19587.asp

Someone clicked my link to this product 27 times!!!! I checked... the link worked fine.

Did something I don't normally do. I contacted the person and asked if she was having a problem with the link.

When she responded, I said aargh!!!

What's missing from this page - that guarantees the person will CALL the merchant - thereby guaranteeing I don't get a commission????

I'll give you a hint: It's usually grey and says something like "Click here to order"

ABW Ambassador
    Do they have other links setup like that?

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    I just called them asking how to order the plaque because the order link is missing. They put me on hold while they checked on it. I figured they would offer to take my order over the phone. They didn't. They told me the item is sold out, they don't have any idea when or if they will get it back in stock. They said that's why the link is missing. They didn't even try to sell me "something similar", so maybe it's a one time wierd thing with that item.

The other items I checked have the buy now link.
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    It appears that it was only this one product set up like this. Perhaps this was because it was a personalized product or maybe just a goof up.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Well I sure picked the wrong product to promote then

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Well I sure picked the wrong product to promote then
    LOL... not every Windy's bowl of chili comes with a finger in it! You have to be lucky if you live in Vegas.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

What about the make up for such a problem, for a missed commission? I hope I would never hear from my affiliates for such a problem. But precaution isn't wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by chenyingjing
    What about the make up for such a problem, for a missed commission? I hope I would never hear from my affiliates for such a problem. But precaution isn't wrong.
    in this case there was no more product to be sold so there could be no commission.

Quote Originally Posted by Lectrickitty
    I just called them asking how to order the plaque because the order link is missing. They put me on hold while they checked on it. I figured they would offer to take my order over the phone. They didn't. They told me the item is sold out, they don't have any idea when or if they will get it back in stock. They said that's why the link is missing. They didn't even try to sell me "something similar", so maybe it's a one time wierd thing with that item.

The other items I checked have the buy now link.

I wonder if the item was in stock would they have done a phone order, which then would be lost commission for him. Which would be a bummer. I'm suprised they didn't try to upsell you anything similar.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread