Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    Who's going to ecomexpo next week? Thoughts on year 2?
    ecomexpo 2006. Starts next week

I did a search and didn't find any recent threads about this years ecomexpo?

What do people think of last years virtual show and presentations?

I noticed they had over 145 prizes to win for going around the booths So i'll take my chances for an ipod once again. but I never win.

Pingo will have a virtual booth inside Linkshare's "show within a show".

I look forward to chatting with you at the show to share advice about your website and network,

Brian
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

I'm so ticked off after the last one that I'm not even going to look. Got a free pass last time but found out it was worthless and you had to pay money to get to the good stuff. What a scam they have going!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ouch......

sorry for your experience...

-Brian
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Nothing against your program, but you asked about the expo so I gave my two bits.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    We're aren't going this year either. After analyzing the return, we got ZIP out of it. And now that they've opened up the floor for free, I suspect the quality of booth visits will plummet.

We're going to focus our time and energy on building out our affiliate tools instead!

:-)
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Commission Junction, as a network, opted out this year also.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I've "gone" twice (both times for free with a full pass), and it was totally worthless both times. I'll be busy during the next one, but even if I was free and had a totally free FULL pass, I wouldn't be attending.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I will be there again - Cant tell you why because you may be my competion.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    I spoke to Grosshandler at SES NYC and told him that last years FREE PASS was a joke.

He told me that this year the "free pass" is a REAL free pass.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Aargh!

Everytime I read one of these posts, I feel like a diseased outsider. Like I'm the only one in the biz who likes so and so. That likes a certain network, etc. I always feel like I'm missing something important - or I'm way stupid!

But I met Loxly, Heidi, SandraR, Susan, Jackson... and others... at ecom

Each of these people have changed me personally, and each has shown me something that has increased my income, which has led to a nicer lifestyle

I discovered 2 networks that I wouldn't have found otherwise at econ, both of whom have made me money

I discovered several merchants there that I have an actual relationship with

And my son is still receiving his free copy of Nickelodeon magazine - a door prize I won

I'll be going - and hopefully learning and profiting from it

OK - that's 2 sappy posts in a row. The medications must have kicked in

Billy same thing as me except I got to bs with an am that I hit up for a nice raise
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

http and a telephoto
    I like to talk and network and this is one more venue to do it in. Is it perfect? nope, it's not. Mac users are left out in the cold. But it is something that people that can't get to real conferences can do from home in their pajamas, what is part of what our business is about.

And Billy, just to clarify, we met on ABW, conversed a bit via PM and phone when I originally wanted to move to Las Vegas a couple years ago, but got to know each other better at eComXpo and beyond...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    I spoke to Grosshandler at SES NYC and told him that last years FREE PASS was a joke.

He told me that this year the "free pass" is a REAL free pass.
    I won my free pass in a contest. Even the merchant who gave it away did not know it was such a limited pass. I guess what really left a bad taste in my mouth was when I contacted the Expo folks about this and basicly they said, "Sorry, you'll have to pay X amount to get the full pass". I mean really, what would it have cost them to let someone who already one a free pass get the full pass.

EDITED TO ADD: Too funny, look what came via email today: You are registered for eComXpo.....

But, there is still a catch, if you can't be there at the very time a presentation is on, it will cost you to view it. Here are the details:

How do I view past presentations or on-demand versions of the April presentations? These presentations are available through the eComXpo University. You can access the university from the Education button on the top toolbar or the bar on the left navigation screen. The University does require a SMALL FEE but gives you access to all presentations from the February 2005, October 2005 and April 2006 eComXpos from April 4th, 2006 through September 30th, 2006. For more information about how to enroll click into the Education Center.

I see things have not changed....
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; March 30th, 2006 at 09:56 PM.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

won an ipod at the one a year ago, but other than that, it was really very useless. If you spend 2 days reading the threads here instead, you'll learn much more.

Lightbulb
    I'm waiting for them to regress to an old mail order deal:

"but wait -- if you act now we'll throw in a copy of '99 New Ideas!'"

ABW Ambassador
    i'm not attending either. got in last year on a free pass. the presentations were ok. couldn't complain when i haven't shelled out anything. but, the expo has a serious flaw to it, and i got more than i bargained for on the negative side.

Hate to use this thread for this, but has anyone heard from Haiko lately? Been trying to get in touch for a few weeks now and nothing.

Haiko, IM me, email me, something!
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Norton blocks our ads so people can't see them and click, right?

So why do they have a booth asking me to sign up for their affiliate program????

I'm missing something - or THEY are!

I've complained that certain AMs don't ever reply to emails...

like Target...

uh... they don't respond to live chat either

Both their AMs are in their booth... and my 2 "Billy Kay wants to speak to you" chat windows have been unanswered for over an hour

http and a telephoto
    Bop them over the head.... maybe they have THEIR popup blockers on and they can't access your chat invites!!!!!!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Booth Prize Ideas - Hope you'll reconsider this time.
    I landed on this post when I was searching for prize ideas to give away to drive people to my booth. Wish I had read this post before I spent a bunch of my funds becoming an exhibitor this fall (Oct 2006) at eComExpo.

I also thought everyone was tired of trying to win IPods by now. I was thinking about iTunes. But isn't that limiting the interested?

It sounds like you are all interested in learning something and maybe the best prize is the gift of learning and a "real" free pass. So after careful consideration, I will be giving a free pass to our Internet Marketing Workshops. And even if you live in a city that we plan to visit in the next year, it can be exchanged for 4 hours of free consulting or our online version of the class (in the works). Of course, if you read this post before Sunday October 22, you can influence me to offer something different.

Well, I hope you will reconsider coming to the show this time to visit me. Let me know that you saw my post.

Maggie Strevell
    Internet Marketing Workshops
    Real Instruction - No Sales Pitches
    Last edited by Trust; October 13th, 2006 at 02:51 PM.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Billy - if both AM's are going to be in their booth, maybe you should print up all your emails and present them to the AM's in the booth. Might be fun
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

October ecomexpo 2006
    sorry for some of your experiences with ecomexpo. I still feel that is another tool to help AM's connect with current and potential affiliate partners. Pingo is going to have a booth again. Maggie, i'd suggest giving away a gift card from like a gadget website so that it will interest all affiliates.

-Brian

I LIKE Ecom - can't wait.

It's LIVE! You see someone like Steve Denton wandering around and you ping him - LIVE!!

How often in this biz do you have a question or problem, and the person who can answer it is a mouse click away.

I like ecom - lots of good information to be found there and networking opportunities with merchants/programs not found here at ABW.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast