Cool LinkShare transaction reporting.
    To me being an affiliate is not a game, it is a business. As such I am really irked at LinkShares apparent reporting problems over the last week.

Currently, I spend roughly $6,000 per month for advertising, mostly for Google adwords. I have created specific performance algorithms in Excel for all of my campaigns and I know with a high degree of statistical accuracy, exactly which campaigns perform and what to expect on a daily basis with regard to sales.

Something is wrong with LinkShare's reporting over the past week. New sales are not reporting. Today, as a test, I reluctantly suspended all of my LinkShare adword campaigns. If sales are reported in the next few days I will know that LinkShare is reporting late. If they are not reported then that would be indicative of a far more serious problem.

As Big Daddy said in A Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, there is an "air of mendacity" in the the room.

15 years and counting
    'Something is wrong with LinkShare's reporting over the past week.'
    Welcome to the club.

me too.
    This whole week has been off. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. My sales are from PPC traffic, and basically within same threshold every week for the past 1.5 years. Since this past weekend, everything has been askew.

Very good. I missed the other thread. This is an absurd situation. A company such as LinkShare should have real time reporting and redundant systems in place.

I've been truly suspicious over this booming silence and am relieved to hear I'm not alone. I had just started a Linkshare campaign on Thursday, got several sales that day (reported at different times in a 24 hour period), then nada since then. My site is way too targeted to not have a single sale.

When transactions are off, does Linkshare typically catch up eventually or are they lost forever?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    All,
    Earlier this week we did have a delay in processing transactions, but I have been told that all the information has been updated.

Merchants can report transactions to us as frequently as every 15 minutes and we encourage them to at least report hourly. We process and push to our reporting system and SynergyAnalytics as the merchant reports to us. The "push" to the reports is constant throughout the day.

Another reason why you may be seeing a delay is that some merchants send us transactions based on the date the product ships and not the date of the transaction.

Ranae

unusualy low sales here too...

Lightbulb
    Over the weekend April 1st and 2nd I received a virtual explosion of sales. I would like to inquire of the LinkShare rep if these were misplaced sales from the prior week. Did others experience the same phenomena?

15 years and counting
    Ranae - Merchants can report transactions to us as frequently as every 15 minutes and we encourage them to at least report hourly.
    It's like that in a perfect world. But merchants can't upload their Ltrans during "update/upgrade", and AMs could not validate sales, that's why last week transactions were late and some are showing up now.

I have a morbidly low click rate and sales rate. I'm looking at the original Linkshare's reporting page: should I be looking at something else?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I have a morbidly low click rate and sales rate. I'm looking at the original Linkshare's reporting page: should I be looking at something else?
    Hi Rhia,

The only place I know to look is Linkshare's reporting page, check individual orders as they appear first.

If you have a low click rate, I would suggest Andrew Goodman's book, Winning Results with Google Adwords, which you can purchase for $!5.74 from Amazon. By far the best book on Google Adwords. I did everything wrong and almost gave up before reading this book and now I spend $6,000 per month on Adwords.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPink
    Hi Rhia,

The only place I know to look is Linkshare's reporting page, check individual orders as they appear first.

If you have a low click rate, I would suggest Andrew Goodman's book, Winning Results with Google Adwords, which you can purchase for $!5.74 from Amazon. By far the best book on Google Adwords. I did everything wrong and almost gave up before reading this book and now I spend $6,000 per month on Adwords.
    Thanks for the advice, but I usually get a lot of click-throughs (meaning through the test, banners, or product ads).
    My point is that when I go to the Linkshare reporting chart, I usually see many click-throughs at least plus there is usually a sale or two.
    I'm not into Google Adwords, I don't think it is for me. I am strongly leaning towards Adsense in the near future (have not done that yet either).
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Thanks for the advice, but I usually get a lot of click-throughs (meaning through the test, banners, or product ads).
    My point is that when I go to the Linkshare reporting chart, I usually see many click-throughs at least plus there is usually a sale or two.
    I'm not into Google Adwords, I don't think it is for me. I am strongly leaning towards Adsense in the near future (have not done that yet either).
    How do you advertise? Do you have web pages and people find your site through organic search? Adsense is fine if you have a site with a lot of traffic but it won't help you with Linkshare. I am curious as to how you obtain click-troughs?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPink
    How do you advertise? Do you have web pages and people find your site through organic search? Adsense is fine if you have a site with a lot of traffic but it won't help you with Linkshare. I am curious as to how you obtain click-troughs?
    I don't really advertise.
    A "click through" for me is when someone clicks a link from CJ, LS, SAS, or some others. Right now I don't do Adsense or Adwords.

So one needs a lot of traffic for Adsense?

Part of "me/my online presence" has been established since 1997 when I started out with a subdomain site.
    My subdomain site started out as a hobby and it's still a hobby but it has evolved into a business. Ofcourse I'd love to make $$$, wouldn't anyone?
    I still have that subdomain site as it beats my domain with the same main name.

Although I don't reveal my urls in this forum, every time I post in a certain forum I get at least 80 visitors. Quality participation in other forums/other blogs can bring traffic.

I have the subdomain, 2 real domains, 2 blogs on one of those domains and a domain I intend to develop but I haven't yet.

I haven't had problems with Linkshare until recently.

You said you spend $5,000 a month, I don't spend that. I'm not into Adwords, it wouldn't be lucrative with my domain names because my domain names are too general.

I've made $500 in commissions (one pay cycle) with CJ and that's my highest.
    When I get checks, they're usually in denominations less than $100.

I know I get traffic because I track it through an independent system and through 1 & 1's tracking system. Sometimes I get the "wrong traffic" but I shrug my shoulders.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread