Thread: What's the best way to use Storefronts?

ABW Ambassador
    What's the best way to use Storefronts?
    Time to get rolling on this, it might be nice to use a link to a storefront on a landing page, but I've never figured out how to use those. Any ideas?

It's for Mondera & Fatheads - funny combo, but not on the same site.

(PM or email is ok if specifics are needed)

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi WW

Not 100% with you...

You are looking at how to Link from a Linkshare Storefront system to a landing page, or use the Linkshare Storefront system as a landing page, or have a missed the ball totally here

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    Guess it isn't clear.

Wherever they land on my site is the "landing page" - like if they searched on "NFL stuff" at the search engine and clicked over to my "NFL stuff" page. I want to put a link on that NFL page (on my site) that will go to "wherever" so they'll see the Fathead storefront. So what kind of HTML page should that storefront display go onto - and where? How do I link to it?

Hi

There are two ways to use a LinkShare Storefront Link :

1. The Straight forward copy the link provided method, which means when a person clicks the link on your page it opens up the Storefront in a new browser with all the links in place and the products loaded from LinkShare

2. To open the Storefront yourself first and then copy all the HTML from the storefront onto one of your own pages.

The advantage of the first is that when the products change it is reflected in the Storefront, the advantage of the second is you can change the layout and style to better suit your own site

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Hi

There are two ways to use a LinkShare Storefront Link :

1. The Straight forward copy the link provided method, which means when a person clicks the link on your page it opens up the Storefront in a new browser with all the links in place and the products loaded from LinkShare

2. To open the Storefront yourself first and then copy all the HTML from the storefront onto one of your own pages.

The advantage of the first is that when the products change it is reflected in the Storefront, the advantage of the second is you can change the layout and style to better suit your own site

Cheers

Chris

Nice summary, Chris
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Chris - Thanks for the clarification about copying the code. I have been wondering about how to use storefronts.

Thanks for the clarification about copying the code. I have been wondering about how to use storefronts.
    Once you pop it you can just scrape the HTML and then edit as you like, even merging multiple stores together, just remember though that items that go out of stock and are removed in the proper StoreFront won't be removed in the customized version and will go to out of stock pages.

Cheers

Chris

8. Newsletter Signup