Merchant Questions-Brian Help.
    I'm considering signing up with Share a Sale and have a few questions.

I spoke with David Zelken last week. I understand that the tech group isn't there this week, but I have a tech guy that I'm married to...
    David sent me the sample code and it brought up several red flags for my DH. Accoring to him it would give you all of the sales data from my company.

1) how do you guarantee that I'm not being charged for sales that don't originate via a shareasale click?
    2) Is there any guarantee that my sales info won't be used for anything other than to track sales starting from a shareasale affiliate. I don't want to see my data for sales figures sold to anyone.

Is there a contract that you have that answers these questions and explains things further than the how does it work page.

Amy Peters
    Amy Peters' Studio
    Jewelry inscribed with hopes, dreams and abolute truths...
    http://www.amypeterstudio.com
    http://www.inspirationaljewelry.com

ABW Ambassador
    Accoring to him it would give you all of the sales data from my company.
    Where does your DH say ALL the sales data would come from? Are you referring to ALL the data for ALL sales, or what's tracked traffic from affiliate links?

Is there a contract that you have that answers these questions and explains things further than the how does it work page.
    Merchants and affiliates sign an agreement before signing on. Also - did you look around the site to see if there's a privacy policy?

1) how do you guarantee that I'm not being charged for sales that don't originate via a shareasale click?
    Don't you think you'll get information like the IP number and the specific link the visitor came from? As an affiliate it says merchant gets the IP number and I get to see which link every_single_sale came from - why would merchants not also get that?

Yes. I'm referring to each sale made on my site would be shown to Shareasale in the form of our invoice number and dollar amount before tax and shipping. We also spoke to David at share a sale and he said..yes that's how the code works.

OK...answered one Q on my own. I found the privacy non disclosure info and other merchant info....I thought I had found ALL of the links...it was "hidden" in plain sight on the right hand of the screen!

I'm totally new to the possibility of Affiliates...so IP addres etc is what I am needing to find out more info about. I'm a bit confused with just getting this code emailed to me... I'm sure there is a starting point code as well, but David only sent this...

Edited to remove some of the code so it would show up...

img src=https://shareasale.com/page.cfm?orderamount=ORDER_SUB_TOTAL&ordernumber=ORDER_ID width=1 height=1

*So, for order number 123ABC for $100.00, the code would look something like this:

img src=https://shareasale.com/page.cfm?orderamount=100.00&ordernumber=123ABC width=1 height=1

ABW Ambassador
    So what gives you the idea that if the sale is not made through a shareasale affiliate link you would be sending sales information?

That code is put into my end page for the shopping cart. (confirmation page) Everytime the order confirmation page is initiated the data is sent to shareasale because of that code being in my end page.

hey Amy you are right that all the data will be sent to shareasale. but this is not only with shareasale, other aggregators have the same code, with affilliateshop as well the same problem. I really do not know if they even accept or store that data. Its a good topic u have brought up.

guess only brian would be able to help us answer that question

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Amy,

Sales data that is sent to us but not creditable to an affiliates is just ignored by our servers...we don't keep it at all.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Great Brian...that's what I wanted to know.

My DH and I have been looking over it and I'm currently working on setting up my affilate terms for Shareasale. Is there someone there that can help me understand how I can attract affiliates with 1st sale bonuses, Monthly drawings for gift certs etc etc. We have a lot to offer an affiliate (and customers). Great customer service, beautiful and FREE gift wrap on all orders, monthly newsletter to customers, Free with purchase offers for customers, contests etc... Once they get to our site our conversion rate is good...so I want more traffic to the site. I think a strong commited group of affiliates can help get me the traffic. I can turn it into a sale from there.

I've been looking over the Meigo thread here to get some ideas.

Thanks to all of the help and quick answers to questions...I just finished my affiliate program set up with Share a Sale. Wow...so much easier than I expected. I really appreciate all of the emails and time spent on the phone explaining things to a Merchant Newbie!

Now...I'm just waiting to be approved and I'm out of the gates. I didn't see an option to do direct deposit in the set up...so I'll have to go looking for that after I'm approved. I hate going offline....I want to avoid that all together!

Thanks again for everyone who helped here on the board too...I've been reading POSTS like crazy to try to educate myself. This board is amazing!

Wish you the best success in your new adventure.
    This board is amazing!
    Yes it is!
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread