Can anyone recommend a reliable web host (US or Canada) who offers virtual hosting on UNIX servers with
    1) unlimited bandwidth; and
    2) access to the log files for analysis?

I've been using WebHosting.com for one of my sites, and for all their unlimited bandwidth, their servers and cgi-bin are often down, for which they make no apologies or explanations. :mad:

Cheers,
    TianTian

There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth.... Believe me.

Go to webhostingtalk.com and you will get the help you need

Tian Tian,
    http://www.interland.com .... Not cheap at all but if your serious check them out ... I am a reseller and a "value added" affiliate (Pete is also), if you want we can give you a link ... they are the "best"

Haiko

evilbob,

I have NEVER gotten a "bandwith" bill and I'm well over 90GB a mo. Interland is as close as you can get. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Haiko

Thanks, Haiko, er, don't suppose you know anything cheaper, make that much cheaper, I'm just a cheap skate... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

And thanks to evilbob too, I'm checking out webhostingtalk.com now.

Cheers,
    TianTian

ABW Ambassador
    There absolutely IS such a thing as unlimited bandwidth -- but it ain't cheap. Okay, maybe I just haven't pushed the limit, but I've been known to transfer 2-3 gig per day and it's not an issue.

Check out http://www.digitaldaze.com/ -- I've been with them since 1998 and they are *fabulous*... best if you're a geek, though, it's not a point and click shop, but you have lots of options to do whatever the heck you want.

icom.com used to offer unlimited bandwidth, but they got bought out and that changed in a hurry. I still have one site hosted by them under my previous contract with them for unlimited bandwidth - But I'm sure they won't honor that when I come up for renewal. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    *#*$*%*$&#* ICOM!!!
    I don't know when they got sold, but the Icom.com I dealt with absolutely SUCKED!!!
    try having your site down for days on end, no explanation as to why, no credit for the downtime..
    http://www.13thdimension.com/icom.html

Pete,
    You're are right, they used to SUCK big time. I moved one of my sites from them when it became time to renew just because of that. I think I got some email notice or something about them being bought out late this past summer.
    Since they got bought, things have worked great. Faster, problem free uploading and No more downtime! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread