A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Nutrisystem booting me
    Bummer. I like their program well enough, but I have limited space to promote them. I have been a NS affiliate for almost a year I think, but only in the past few months actually put up a banner. Now because I haven't sold anything, they are booting me. I dunno, I wish AMs could just deal with affiliates taking awhile to get to them. I ain't a machine, and sometimes, I don't even have my niche sites up yet. Stuff takes time, and it really doesn't cost them extra time to work with me.

Ah well, on to the competitors...

~Lisa
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

If you are not ready to promote a merchant, don't apply. I make all preparations before applying. That way their exposure can begin immediately and hopefully sales will begin soon after. I was booted by NS after a lengthy affiliateship. Even with wide spread promotion, I never made a sale with them. Apparently my demographics just didn't match with their program. I am sure some of the problem there lies with the fact they are affiliated with parasitic affiliates. What makes me wonder about merchants (affiliated with parasites) that drop affiliates like us is that they don't seem to realize that the sales they register with the parasites are reduced by the lose of traffic that the parasites can no longer steal from those of us they have dropped. For merchants that are associated with parasites, you would think that they would want as many affiliates as they can get to join their programs.

Gene
    TCS

Quote Originally Posted by thecool
    If you are not ready to promote a merchant, don't apply. I make all preparations before applying. That way their exposure can begin immediately and hopefully sales will begin soon after.
    Sounds good in theory, but as my old pop always says S%$! Happens. I may have a place at that exact moment, but then something happens. My life turns to crap and my sites go by the wayside for a bit, servers blow up, and people die. In other words, life happens, and as I only get what I give in AM, I don't feel bad for not promoting someone right away. They aren't paying me unless I promote them. And I can't help it if I send traffic and their site doesn't then convert those people. We're only the messengers after all. As you pointed out, can't help what happens with an infested merchant.

And if I recall, NS took quite a while to approve me, so my immediate 'need' was not met, so I moved on. I am a mother of a two year old. Things move on quickly. No time to waste on weeks or months wait of manual approvals.

What bugs me that as an infested merchant, I would think they would be a little less 'cut' happy.

Maybe its a new Affiliate manager at the helm? Seems that alot of merchants do that when someone new comes on.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I got booted from a program today that I haven't even added links for yet. Makes me laugh. I love that they send me an email saying my site has something wrong with it (in other words) and hterefore they're terminating our partnership. Only thing wrong is their links haven't been added yet and won't ever be now. One less merchant to have to watch over.

Move on Lisa. Time for fresh offers and new merchants. It's YOUR traffic.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thecool
    If you are not ready to promote a merchant, don't apply. I make all preparations before applying. That way their exposure can begin immediately and hopefully sales will begin soon after.

Gene
    TCS
    How do you manage that?? Seems to me that you can't get enough information from a merchant(most) before joining to set up a site to promote them. I like to set up at least a full page on my sites for a good merchant, but sometime after I join is when I find that they don't have banners that suit or they will not let me link to specific products.

In this case, I put a banner in a corner or drop them entirely.

When a merchant takes days or weeks to approve...........I do not want to have invested a lot of time waiting.....................The world is spinning at 25000 MPH...........Damn.It is all that I can do to keep up.

Did someone remove the "Todd" smily????
    I need the wine...........to cope.....
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Well said Rexanne and Witzer. It's all relative. I am more than happy to replace with Weight Watchers, etc. It's such a small part of my women's site anyway. My traffic has recently started to pick up again, but NS will never have benefit of that now.

There are so many fish in the sea!

Affiliate Manager
    Smile NutriSystem affiliate coordinator
    Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry that you were removed from our program. I sent an email about this a week ago and even allowed partners who responded back to remain in our program.

If you would like to join our program, I can always put you back in if you email me your username. I don't like to remove anyone who is just as passionate as the NutriSystem brand as me. If you are still interested and would like to promote us, just contact me. I'll be more than happy to reinstate you.

Thanks.
    Vicki
    NutriSystem affiliate coordinator

If you haven't posted their links, I would. The conversion is great and the payout is high. The aggressive marketing campaign they have lately ( with the free week of meals) has really boosted my sales.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread