http and a telephoto
    Retail Calendars (OK, don't hit me... LOL)
    I know the answer to this question, but want to see your answers, for a lot of reasons, including getting some good references out there to send naive internet retailers to go look at

What is your schedule for getting stuff up for various holidays? Like Mother's Day, your pages were done by when? (notice I said done ) And when do you get your back to school pages up and holidays etc?

Any references to online retail calendars would be great, I remember seeing one a year or so ago, will go digging for it.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Any references to online retail calendars would be great, I remember seeing one a year or so ago, will go digging for it.
    I've got a whole couple of pages written up on just that - but unfortunately, they haven't been uploaded and added to the site yet.

What is your schedule for getting stuff up for various holidays? Like Mother's Day, your pages were done by when? (notice I said done ) And when do you get your back to school pages up and holidays etc?
    I started out working it all around how Google's monthly updates used to be, and counting backward. They'd update around the end of the month, and go on a deep crawl right after the "dance" was done. Then, that crawl was used/included in the following update, and so it went monthly.

There had to be enough lead time to make sure new or updated pages and/or sites would be ready in time for the crawl, with enough leeway to make SEO modifications with one update prior to when the actual results would be hitting customers during the peak shopping season for the event or holiday.

I still use the same figurations even though that's all changed, use a calendar with when holidays and shopping seasons are, and include a list of when udpates/additions should be worked on and/or finished, in plenty of time beforehand to allow for getting timely search engine listings.

In a perfect world by an organized person it would all be done in time, but for moi it's often late or at the last minute.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread