Thread: What I love and hate about Betty

What I love and hate about Betty
    Datafeed is only updated once a quarter, low maintenace.

Datafeed is only updated once a quarter and the prices are ALREADY OUT OF DATE! So, I check out the goldencan version. And they have the same problem, prices are out of date! Why do you have an account with goldencan if the prices are going to be up to date?

So, tell me, what is an affiliate to do? Should I keep buying traffic, getting them to click thru and see that prices are higher so they can go elsewhere? Or should I use your competitor?

Why do you have an account with goldencan if the prices are going to be up to date?
    Correction!

My English may not be that good, but I think that this sound better:

Why do you have an account with goldencan, if the prices are not going to be up to date?

Ya, you're right, it should read are not. The point being, this is shed season as they have said in many other posts, why in the hell is anyone going to buy from my site, if the prices are higher when they get to Bettymills? I sold more sheds during the winter months than I have the "prime time shed season". I guess I'll remove the prices, put your products at the bottom of the page, or remove them and turn on the ppc again and see what happens.

I feel your pain.... and i agree... for what is suppose to be the hot time of the year... has been a dud so far... one sale today for 150+ clicks thrus to betty in April, i usually do better then this..

I solved the price issue by removing prices from my sheds pages...

for me by fra my biggest grip with betty is BONUSes... yes bonuses... every time one is offerred... and every time I qualify for the bonus... and every time whe nit'sa time for the bonus to be paid I dont get my bonus... case in point... the last two bonuses offer I qualified for them.. did every thing required...including getting confirmation from betty I qualified... the nothing...

my current check that was just dropped in the mail is shy my bonuses!! it seems I haveto keep track of my bounuses and then fuss about not getting them in order to get them....

concider this my fussin for the month...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Affiliate Coordinator
    I just wanted to clarify our bonus payout schedule. We currently have 2 bonuses waiting for payout:

The Datafeed bonus: which pays a bonus 25% on March commissions. This bonus will be paid at the end April when March commisions are sent out.

The GoldenCan bonus: which pays an additional $10 for having a dedicated Betty/ Goldencan Page. This bonus will also be paid with the March commission checks at the end of April.

I hope that this helps clarify when you can expect your Betty Bonuses. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email me directly at melody@bettymills.com.

Regards,

thanks for clearing this up... I look forward to my bump...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Thanks for clearing that up Melody, how about clearing up the prices now. Why are you even on goldencan? If you don't update the feed frequently, there's no use for it, may as well stick with the regular version of Akiva's PSC.

Affiliate Coordinator
    Qball0213,

We are working on a fix to get the datafeed updated on a daily basis. In the meantime, we have submitted new feeds for Golden Can and Cusimano and you should see an updated feed over the weekend.

Thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue.

Regards,

Fixing the description text would also be nice. There are so many rows with truncated descriptions - same problem with the Cusimano script since it reads the same data. I had to go to the merchant site and grab the rest of the paragraphs -- minor benefit is that those pages are now "different" from all the other affiliate pages using the same datafeed. The truncations are not at the 255 character mark or some fixed point, so who knows why this happens.

A lot of the rows also contain a "click here" for the solar powered shed light but there is no <a href in the line.

Anyway, the rest of the datafeeds from other merchants are much worse...

Betty has a feed for many years, but still they are not capable of producing a good and solid feed. There are always problems with their feed.

How hard is it to make prices 2 digits behind the period. If I don't change their feed I have prices like $23.00 and $23.0 and $23

What I just noticed, many Betty prices are higher then the retail price. How many articles you think I would sell if I offer this : $ 59,99 > $ 70,1

Lightbulb
    I feel in cases like this it may be better to not show any prices; make the visitor click on a text link or the graphic to find the current price.

12. Newsletter Signup