ABW Ambassador
    Do you ever get sales in where you just KNOW, the minute you see them, they're bogus and will be reversed?

I've had two such buys. Big sales ($500+) that come through filler links... something you're not marketing heavily (or at all). I had one before Christmas (for electronics). The minute I saw it (and saw what link they had followed), I said "no way that's sticking" -- a couple of hours later it was reversed for "invalid cc"...

Today, I have one for nearly $900... a merchant I've never had a sale for, never marketed, filler link, and, worst of all, clothing.

If it sticks, I just may die of shock (though I'll be sure to deposit the 10% commish before I go).

Sometimes you just know...

yup....

a couple of meanies snuck into cj and reversed some sales on christmas eve

im shocked to see totalofficesupply have a 94% chargeback, when the heck did that happen? thank goodness that bids can be dropped instantly at overture!

ABW Ambassador
    oh do let me clarify... I wasn't blaming the merchant (not for this type of reversal)... just that it's a "buy" that screams "I have somebody else's credit card"...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    You mean like somebody buying $5,000 worth of musical instruments in the middle of the night? (Reversed as expected.)

Yup...

ABW Ambassador
    I once had someone go on a buying spree spending over a thousand dollars at four or five shoe merchants within an hour. This was so far outside of normal patterns that I knew it was fishy, and sure enough, the ugly red reversal bars appeared in short order. That hour was too good to be true, but sometimes large orders are for real. It's funny how a single $100 commission feels nicer than five $20 commissions!

Elisabeth Archambault

ABW Ambassador
    Fishy???? Someone went to FingerHut through my site and bought over $1000.00 worth of stuff. They went through the "fingerhut apparel" text link. I expect to see a reversal on that just a little over 100 bucks commish anyday now. and, there is the $648.00 sale I made through Teno steel jewelry... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, Leader et al -- thems the ones... I did have one big sale ($600+) stick, but it made sense... they followed an expensive link in for an item I had been promoting...

But this apparel one (for a site with limited products)... eh, I got my suspicions... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread