When is Linkshare Going To Take Support Issues Seriously
    Year after year, month after month, post after post, we hear the complaints about Linkshare not responding to support questions from affiliates via email and the online support system.

Only twice, about a year ago, did I ever hear the LS folks admit there was a problem. In open forum they admitted that their spam filter was blocking some affiliate emails as spam, thus support questions were never received. No follow up regarding fixing this was ever provided.

Currently when there is a post about no response (and we see one about every week), the LS moderator posts a bunch of contact information, including one or two email addresses, the online support system and a phone number. There should be one working system, not several people who are contacted who refer messages on to others.

Basically, there is a problem here that LS refuses to acknowledge (I've specifically asked them here several times) and if we as affiliates are going to using this company, then I think we deserve a support system that is functional and works for everyone. As my postings on this subject in other threads has gone unanswered by the moderators I felt it was time to start a separate post here.

Can we finally get this fixed??? The other big networks have and have had much better systems for years. Why is LS ignoring this very important issue that is, at the core of things, a very important tool and expectation of all affiliates?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I'm stumped as to why they don't just get a ticketing system set up. You can get them for free or use one of many ASP solutions. If it was embedded in the system after login it would be a simple matter to capture the users SID and use that as authentication of the ticket sender and allow for easy follow ups.... that reminds me I need to roll out our ticket system fully... got tested... worked...and I promptly forgot about it
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Chris,

Always nice when an AM steps in with comments to validate what us lowly affiliates are saying.

Obviously, by LS's lack of response to all the other times this topic has been suggested and even now when they are not responding to a dedicated post about it, we are getting a clear message what LS thinks about a dedicated support system.

And I think that says a lot about how LS thinks of it's affiliates. It's something I've been trying to change for years, but I'm just butting my head against the proverbial wall in this area.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    "I'm stumped as to why they don't just get a ticketing system set up."

They don't want to deal with smaller affiliates, the bigger ones just call, have their own reps, direct lines, email contact that actually responds etc.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,
    We know that sometimes emails are blocked by spam filters when you use contact@linkshare.com. Below are other ways to contact LinkShare:
    -- Help Form - http://www.linkshare.com/contactus/contactus.html

-- Live Chat - http://eshare.linksynergy.com/netage...ll?Action=1000 with a LinkShare Customer Support Representative available Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (EST).

-- Phone Support - 888-SHARE-89 available Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (EST).

You may also want to make sure that you do not have LinkShare emails blocked, or routed to a spam folder.

Ranae

ABW Ambassador
    I've use the form before, nothing. Ranae can you put the phone number in your sig?

Nevermind.

I'll say this. Chat has never worked and I've tried about 10 times that I can recall. Rarely does an email get answered and the few times it did it was usually so far after the fact the issue wasn't even relevant. The form as far as I can tell goes where my socks go when I put them in the dryer. Never seen nor heard about again.
    Much as I dislike LS, I will say the few times when I have phoned and gotten through to someone they were actually pretty pleasant and helpful. A nice trouble ticket system would be swell with confirmations that messages were received and were in queue.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

The Chat hasn't worked for me either.

A few times I e-mailed because I wanted to correct a problem of direct product links leading to a general merchant landing/index page instead of the exact product page.

The answer I received ignored my question and focused instead on Kazza. Kazza? I was never into file sharing programs. I never installed Kazza into any computer I had. I wish there had been a focus on my exact question; all parties would have been happier.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Hi All,
    We know that sometimes emails are blocked by spam filters when you use contact@linkshare.com. Below are other ways to contact LinkShare:
    -- Help Form - http://www.linkshare.com/contactus/contactus.html

-- Live Chat - http://eshare.linksynergy.com/netage...ll?Action=1000 with a LinkShare Customer Support Representative available Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (EST).

-- Phone Support - 888-SHARE-89 available Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (EST).

You may also want to make sure that you do not have LinkShare emails blocked, or routed to a spam folder.

Ranae
    Ranae, other LS Moderators and any LS Administration,

When are you going to understand the message here??? This whole thing is about a current system that does not work and how you all keep spouting the same messages, "We know that sometimes emails are blocked by spam filters.." and "other ways to contact LinkShare..."?

I mean just how much clearer do you need affiliates to say it?

WHEN IS LINKSHARE GOING TO IMPLEMENT A DEDICATED TICKET SYSTEM???

Quit giving us the same info over and over if does not work.

I'm sorry to respond this way....I'm thrilled that LS even responded after these many months of me harping about this needed change, but again, you have fallen short and are ignoring the messages here by affiliates. So again....

WHEN IS LINKSHARE GOING TO TAKE SUPPORT ISSUES SERIOUSLY???
    7 Days A Week Marketing

You know, there is a reason Haiko put "Founder - Help Save Linkshare Foundation" by my name. It's not about me being down on Linkshare. It's about me calling LS on the carpet when the fall short of doing the right thing and they have really fallen short the last year. Get your act together LinkShare, start treating affiliates appropriately, and I'll be the first to praise you for it and recommend our network. But you have to have more pluses than minuses before I will do that. You can't do all the other negative things and then say, "Hey, you asked for Direct Deposit and we gave it to you". That took years to get implemented and dozens of posts recommending it.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I just called them and had my support issue resolved in about two minutes. Personally, I think calling is the way to go, they have a dedicated affiliate support line and it is fast and effective, at least it has been for me the last several times I have called. Sometimes it is easier to email, however, I have decided at this point, emailing anyone is a waste, phone calls get things done on the spot.

Anne,

Thanks for the [rare] success story. It is great when an affiliate can get quick action at any network.

However, consider this. Let's say you recieved support, then later tonight realized it was not correct or not enough. What do you do? Do you call support again and do they answer that time of night? If you do reach someone, do they know what it is you are talking about without you explaining it all again?

The beauty of a dedicated ticket system is that the history of your problem is recorded and followed no matter how many different support folks help you. And when you submit it or a followup, it goes to the right person at the network.

This is what is missing at LS and they are ignoring.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Every time I have called Linkshare they have taken care of the issue on the spot, or arranged follow up with me for issues that could not be corrected without consulting somewhere. I make note of all issues should I need to follow up later, but , but honestly, there has never been a problem to my best recollection, and i have been with Linkshare since the beginning of time ( as we know it on the internet).

Now, I will have to say that e-mail support? In my experience, support has only been successfully carried out when writing to my account manager. My account managers have always been very responsive, but when I have submitted an email through the general support system, I am not sure if any of them ever arrived. I do agree your idea of a dedicated ticket support system is excellent, especially if they can staff it with the same quality of people I have interacted with on the support line.

Linkshare Moderators,

Are you understanding that there are problems with more than just spam filters? So, email is not 100%, chat has flaws and the on-line support system has flaws. Some positive feedback about the phone system, but I believe that is only during business hours (correct me if I am wrong).

Why will LS not implement a dedicated support ticket system like most big companies do? We keep asking this questions and instead of an answer you all just keep throwing out all your flawed support methods at us here at ABW. And that is, quite frankly, very frustrating.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread