HSN Commissions
    How long does it take for them to post the actual commission? Just started making sales with them and the $0's are disconcerting.

Sometimes never.

ABW Ambassador
    Do an ABW search on them

I could make good money with them if they ever got their affiliate program in order.

Thanks, I know you guys are just trying to increase my confidence :-).

I actually did do a search, but wasn't sure if that "around 30 days to never" thing was still real. I guess it is.

C'est la vie, I'm a risk taker so I'll keep the links until I get burned. If I feel in an expansive mood, I'll let you know when the sales never show up so you can nanana me.

It's gotta be better than UnbeatableSales, to whom I sent 457 targeted clicks last month with not a single sale.

HSN does really well for me. I just take note of the $0 commissions, and only look for the ones with commissions. The orders will post with commissions after the shipment has been made and not returned. If you receive a 0 commission order, and never get the second one with the commission, it means the product didn't ship, credit card not approved, or it was returned.

On the upside, there are almost never reversals of HSN orders.

Thanks Skishore! I guess it's a 30-day period then before the actual commissions show?

i think so

ABW Ambassador
    "and never get the second one with the commission, it means the product didn't ship, credit card not approved, or it was returned."

What percentage of never getting the second one are you seeing? From the past, I always saw a huge amount.

Thats a good question, and I haven't checked lately. I could check... But I am guessing that a good portion of items get returned, because they sell a lot of apparel, which would account for part of the difference. I believe that the home shopping sites have a fairly high return rate, and that is not just HSN.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany
    Thanks, I know you guys are just trying to increase my confidence :-).

I actually did do a search, but wasn't sure if that "around 30 days to never" thing was still real. I guess it is.

C'est la vie, I'm a risk taker so I'll keep the links until I get burned. If I feel in an expansive mood, I'll let you know when the sales never show up so you can nanana me.

It's gotta be better than UnbeatableSales, to whom I sent 457 targeted clicks last month with not a single sale.
    LOL...Gotcha beat. Sent 3914 clicks from www.ecomcity.com/bonsai.htm all coming from search terms like buy bonsai, bonsai tools, bonsai trees since Jan 1st 2006. Not one sale. That one friggin page pulls 54 % of my total daily bandwidth getting 700+ unique visitors. Anyone know if Bonsai Boys of NY have BHO partnerships and know cookie stuffers? They used to wash cookies by providing trees to a slew of flower and gifting sites like Gifttree.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mike, maybe you ought to put the Adsense panel where the eyeballs are.

about 50% of the $0 ones never materialize for me.

ABW Ambassador
    Finally:

HSN.com is making a very exciting change to our reporting. This change will allow you to see up-to-date information on shipped sales and commissions, as opposed to the previous 30-day delay in reporting!

When these changes go into affect, we will no longer need to report on ordered sales. To account for returns, we will extend transactions for 30 days in the CJ system.

We expect this change to be made during the week of June 1st. If you have any questions about this change, please contact us at affiliates at hsn.net.

ABW Ambassador
    Sales are coming in nicely, they batch but better than what they were doing.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread