Automatically opening a new window? Higher EPC?
    I am inquiring with experienced affiliates whether they have noticed higher conversion rates (clicks to sales) when utilizing the open a new window feature instead of moving them to another. Link Share has this option and so does CJ. But I have been randomly implementing it without much analysis for my niche site. Any advice would be appreciated. What are the pros and cons? Do you think a visitor is less likely to continue through on a smaller screen.

Here is what Link Share says:

Affiliates may prefer to use this tag so that visitors will not actually leave your site.

Personally, I think it is a good idea to have the link open up a new browser window. The way I see it, why would you ever take a customer away from your site, because if they don't find what they're looking for at one store they may come back and click through to another. I've also found that it is more user friendly if there are coupon codes since they usually are not posted on the Merchant site the customer needs to see it in order to enter it in.

Follow up
    I understand when there is a coupon code there may be an advantage to a new brwoser window. But couldn't the visitor clicking through just as easily hit the back button on their browser too? Do all new browser windows open in smaller size or is that a settings issue? Thanks for the feedback.

ABW Ambassador
    Didn't you just have this thread?

Hi kfi, and All,

Setting your links to open up in a new window used to be good idea, but ever since the pop-up blocker I'm not so sure?... All the pop-up blockers see them as pop-ups and block them from opening; and unless the user knows this and turns off the pop-up blocker he or she will just think your site is malfunctioning and leave... I'd say don't set them up that way (Unless something has changed that I don't know about?).

Love You,
    HumbleFish
    Last edited by HumbleFish; April 7th, 2006 at 01:40 PM. Reason: wording

ABW Ambassador
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=71980

Just reread the thread you started yesterday on the same question.

Posted two threads
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=71980

Just reread the thread you started yesterday on the same question.
    Sorry about that, but I posted the same thread in CJ & Linkshare affiliate forums at the same time yesterday, thinking I would get feedback from both camps. I mention so in the first thread. It seems to be working as I am getting both pro and con and more con from the Linkshare group.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh ok, just noticed the first post times. Don't think there's any difference if it's a CJ link, LS link, Performics link etc.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread