ABW Ambassador
    More Direct Revenue Stuff

WOW! I'm at a loss for words after reading those.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

Best link for the material I posted today:

People of the State of New York v. Direct Revenue, LLC

Still more to come tomorrow. Long day today, 135 exhibits read, summarized, and posted!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for putting it all together. Will go thru a lot of it this weekend when not so busy. Been going thru some of it today.

15 years and counting
    Nice set of testimonials from satisfied customers. Knowing LinkShare used DirectRevenue as an advertiser, I was expecting to read one from them.

JP Maheu Direct Revenue CEO
    "JP Maheu is an established leader in online technologies with a record of improving customer service and expanding distribution channels..."
    Last edited by Zeus; April 7th, 2006 at 02:17 AM.

I particularly enjoyed the "sasquatch with a chainsaw" letter. lol

They deserve everything they get..and more.
    (except for the ones about their kids)
    Ebudae

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Ben we need to get this complete OUTING of the Direct revenue BHO infestation model on our web sites to expose this to Google and therefore the general public victims. A brief paragraph summary with permissions to publish your link http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/nyag-dr/ and some exerpts. I'm sure Haiko can swallow his pride and revise parasiteware.com to laud your campaign to expose these bastards and their distribution -monitizing group of Adwhores.

I read most of it tonite and it's mind boggling knowing this is repeated by every BHO operation, with full affiliate network knowledge of these common practices. The media and public need to become outraged by these practices and demand head roll within this industry.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15 years and counting
    Thanks to the first legal actions and Ben's work we're able to see what was done underground to steal our commissions with the full consent of CJ and LS.
    How many nonconsensual installs of eBates were done with Direct Revenue and their distributors like Cydoor, Integrated Search, Morpheus, MyGeek...?
    How much of the $425 million Messer took should be given back to LinkShare affiliates?

Look at all the side infestation deals with those TopMoxie BHO's and the ABW old favorite Morpheus. (LOL Haiko got conned into giving them his seal of approval)

It nice to see the documents putting names with those hated popups and crashed systems. Everything the network and these BHO spin masters told us for years is now documented as lies.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15 years and counting
    Mike - Everything the network and these BHO spin masters told us for years is now documented as lies.
    Exactly.
    And networks like CJ and LinkShare helped these crooks by monetizing their dirty deals at our expense.
    Crooks and Liars.
    These thieves at LinkShare are still involved with Shop At Home Select (SAHS) or the cie behind them the Belcaro group knowing full well SAHS was working with Direct Revenue with lots of non consensual installs. (Yes, Eliot Spitzer has the proof)
    150 000 000 non consensual installs for Direct Revenue worldwide.

If you need to learn more about spyware and if you don't have time to read all the documented posts about Parasiteware at ABW, the New York Attorney General is pleased to offer you a FREE eBooks on all the tricks of these crooks and their partners these last few years.
    http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/2006/apr/Direct Revenue Affirmation of Justin Brookman.pdf
    Affirmation of Justin Brookman (Office of New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer)
    It's thick but it's worth reading each and every page.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Exactly.

If you need to learn more about spyware and if you don't have time to read all the documented posts about Parasiteware at ABW, the New York Attorney General is pleased to offer you a FREE eBooks on all the tricks of these crooks and their partners these last few years.
    http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/2006/apr/Direct Revenue Affirmation of Justin Brookman.pdf
    Affirmation of Justin Brookman (Office of New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer)
    It's thick but it's worth reading each and every page.
    Thanks for the information, Zeus.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

15 years and counting
    I'm mad because I'm a witness of these criminal activities. For years we saw our commissions transferred to these people, we had an idea of how they were working but it's always hard to gather the proofs if you're only an affiliate. We don't see what's going on on the other side of the fence. Our "trusted third parties" were members of the gang, raping our accounts and stealing our money.

ABW Ambassador
    Just takes a disgruntled employee or two. Eventually it'll all come down. Lots of eyeballs. The model's aim is to get on as many computers as possible which just gets the problem in front of many more people. It's a model that eventually implodes on itself. I read it was either the Fastclick or Valueclick, somebody important, who gave Direct Revenue the boot after they got a nonconsenual install on their own computer. I'm sure lawyers and members of media get them too.

It's all about forced cookie stuffing. The friggin AM's allowing the domain bound affiliates to do it, with network Awards to boot, must all have had a guilt trip knowing what the big boys were doing on a much more massive scale. Any merchant listed on a major BHO merchant list is worthless, due to the fact they are reduced to SESSON ONLY cookie duration by massive cookie stuffing and house account washing... period.

My own domain traffic stats, compared with BF -CJ -LS affiliate sales commission & click reports prove this point. My site, due to years of vocal bashing of the Adwhores and rogue affiliates, has been so clickstream data mined for my conversion data ...it becomes a BHO URL target. My showcase merchants, outside of the few SAS ones, are so enamored by my high ticket sales traffic they specifically pop Live-Help Super Affiliate intecepts everytime a EcomCity shopper arrives from certain pages. I average 1100 unique shoppers per day down from a high of 1800/day in 2003.

Revenue, by being reduced to session only cookies, fell 80% in 2005 with no traffic drop. Additions of GoldenCan displays, and funneling Mall traffic to those showcase pages, resulted in FURTHER DROPS in commissions and conversions. Nice try Asif, but I can say 600,000 GoldenCan pageviews & resulting clicks later, GC added very few sales to my totals. I just checked my YTD CJ and LS stats. Linkshare on 700,000 impressions and almost 5000 targeted clicks earned me a whopping $35.35. Don't get smug VC/CJ/BF, as your parasite infested and spyware enabled network got 916,000 impressions and over 6100 physical clicks earning me a total payment of .... Whalla ... $23.93. Bet the BHO's and couponers earned 20 times that amount on just my traffic.

Now ask yourselves honestly. How many here have a steady PR5 domain, estabished in 1997, averaging 1100 unique visitors/day derived from natural SERP listings and bookmarks? Until the BHO perps all take perp walks and the AM's condoning force cookie stuffing, while running cookie washing in-house campaigns, get FIRED no legit domain bound affiliate outside some major coupon sites can earn a living at this stacked game.

I'm therefore taking the gloves off behind the scenes and do what Donuts -Ben -Wayne Porter and others are doing.... OUT ANY AND ALL cookie stuffing and PPCSE scamming affiliates I run across to the proper authorities. As if losing EcomCity income, by offending merchant AMs in cahoots with the bad actors, makes any difference to me & Charlie. I'll take this 2005 GoldenLink Most Vocal affiliate Award in front of me and shove it so far up the Adwhores butts they'll yell rape for trying to silence me. Less time on my Mall and more on those I built for 3 Attorney Generals CyberCrime Offices years ago.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    And CJ and LS have the gall to highlight these prefered (by CJ and LS) theives as their award winning best-of types...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    How much of the $425 million Messer took should be given back to LinkShare affiliates?
    I would sure like to get back the cash that was stolen from my sites!

Maybe this will be the beginning of the end of the parasiteware rip off! (wishful thinking)
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread