Wal-Mart & Target Reports
    I can't figure out what time or how often these guys report sales. Would those "in the know" let me know, too? Thanks.

Here's what I know about Target (don't work with Walmart, so can't help there) and this goes for other merchants as well. I work with mostly retail sites, not as much with cpc or other types of merchants

When I look at my sales for Target, I see a transaction date and a process date, usually two days later. The process date is the day that Linkshare processed the sale and loaded so it can be view in reports (like the member id field report). The transaction date is the merchant transaction date. However, this can be one of several things: order date, credit card transaction date, or ship date, and i am sure there are other options. I believe that most of the merchants use the credit card transaction date, or ship date as the transaction date. So it may be three or four days from order date when the sale is posted. And I prefer this, less reversals when the data is sent to Linkshare after the merchant has verified the order.

Joey Porterfield from Plow and Hearth has explained this really well from a merchant point of view. Michael Coley, maybe you could locate that thread and make it a sticky? It was very informative.

Skishore, you're fab! Question: I've only seen the transaction date (looking at the individual item reports). Where can I see the process date (besides the memberid report...I'm not using sig on this channel, so don't have MemberID report available)

I will have to look, because I only use Signature, those are the reports I am used to looking at. I'll see if I can locate that.

Thanks, I have a feeling it's only in the report you mentioned, as I have sig enabled on another channel and now see what you mean (thanks for that, I wouldn't have known otherwise). So I just added my sig to the links on this new channel, too.

Has Target fixed their datafeed? Last time I checked it was loaded with out-of-stock items. It would be nice if they divided it up like Walmart did with theirs.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Hey Scott, I wish I could tell you, I didn't use a datafeed, just scraped what I needed.

Affiliate Manager
    Hello All -

I saw my name and thought I should chime in on the Transaction Date v. Process Date stuff

Transaction Date is when the sale actually took place on our website.

Process Date is when the order was shipped and we sent a file to LinkShare. Process date should always be after the Transaction Date.

For Plow & Hearth we do not ship on the weekends - so if you run a report by Process Date you would not see any sales during the weekend. Running the report by Transaction Date would show when exactly those orders were placed on the P&H site.

Hopefully this is helpful - have a good one,
    Joey

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread