Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    If I just want to make $400 a month with a few months, what can I do?
    is there a tutorial on how I can consistently make $400 a month, within a few months?
    I have plenty of time and some cash to get things going, make pages, buy traffic, whatever needs to be done. I can dedicate a few hours a day to this, and weekends too.

I know my goal is small compares to those who make way way more, but I want to keep it realistic and within reach.

But I dont know what to do. Is there a tutorial on this?
    Id likw to his this goal by the end of summer if possible.

If anyone consults and wants to work with me privately I can hire you to consult and teach me how to meet this goal.

You don't need a consult, everything is available here for free.

- I wouldn't start out buying traffic
    - pick a niche you know something about and you know people purchase online
    - aim for 2 / 3 / 4 word search phrases so you can get listings right away for product names
    - attract buyers not browsers with terms like "discount" "cheap" "on sale" "free shipping" etc
    - read, lurk, read, lurk, read, lurk ABW

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoff
    You don't need a consult, everything is available here for free.

- I wouldn't start out buying traffic
    - pick a niche you know something about and you know people purchase online
    - aim for 2 / 3 / 4 word search phrases so you can get listings right away for product names
    - attract buyers not browsers with terms like "discount" "cheap" "on sale" "free shipping" etc
    - read, lurk, read, lurk, read, lurk ABW
    thanks, thats my problem. I dont know what to sell.
    I dont really have any skills in anything. But I guess I could just pick a topic out of a hat and pretent i know about it though.

I tried to sell informational products but it bombed and everyone here said dont sell them because people can find it for free.

How do you know what to sell that will be profitable?

Yup, there are a few things that you might think will sell well that generally dont.... information, e-books, specialty food products, etc.

How do you know what to sell? EASY...

Pick out 10 normal people you know.. friends, family, whatever, just make sure it is a diverse group. Ask them what the last 3 things they bought online were. If they say "books" tell them you need another answer because that is another dud niche. Now take your list of items that people recently purchased and pick your top 3.

Consider pricing -- how much can you make on each one -- and more important, consider re-orderability. Do people often go back and re-order the same item once the first one is finished or used? Do you know anything about those subjects even if it is mostly fake... having something you're interested in at least a bit will help the initial start-up phase where you're not making any sales.

Hi grove, I don't mean to discourage you but if you need to make that kind of money fast and on a consistant basis, I'd say this isn't the way to go... It takes years to get things going with this stuff... You'd be better off looking for a job.

Love You, and Hope You do well,
    HumbleFish

ABW Ambassador
    "is there a tutorial on how I can consistently make $400 a month, within a few months?"

Get reading ABW. And within a few months. not likely, maybe PPC but you'll probably lose a lot before you start making money.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleFish
    Hi grove, I don't mean to discourage you but if you need to make that kind of money fast and on a consistant basis, I'd say this isn't the way to go... It takes years to get things going with this stuff... You'd be better off looking for a job.

Love You, and Hope You do well,
    HumbleFish
    >chuckle<
    thank you

I dont neeed to make that money, but I want to.
    I really just want to plant a seed that can grow and turn into a really nice small business rears down the road.

But every seed Ive planted to far has died

I'll probably kicked by *someone* for saying this but here goes....

If it were me, I would write a lot of articles on a particular topic that had high paying words for PPC. Then I would add Adsense to my pages and watch the dough come rolling in!

Oh wait - I already DID that. Guess what? You can EASILY make 400.00 a month (and much, much more) with my plan.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy

If it were me, I would write a lot of articles on a particular topic that had high paying words for PPC. Then I would add Adsense to my pages and watch the dough come rolling in!

Oh wait - I already DID that. Guess what? You can EASILY make 400.00 a month (and much, much more) with my plan.
    What will happen to Adsense and Adwords revenue if Microsoft "kills" javascript in its next edition of IE?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

What will happen to Adsense and Adwords revenue if Microsoft "kills" javascript in its next edition of IE?
    Oh you haven't heard? IE will self destruct in May. That's why everyone is switching over to Firefox.

-Christopher Morley

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I can't see them doing that. A hefty percentage of all web sites have javascript in them.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    I can't see them doing that. A hefty percentage of all web sites have javascript in them.
    This thread mentioned the possibility.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

java not javascript.
    they are NOT the same thing as was mentioned in that thread several times.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    java not javascript.
    I know they are not the same thing, but it is possible to have Javascript disabled, so wouldn't it be possible for a browser to have this automatically disabled?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Wow nice, thank you

Oh you haven't heard? IE will self destruct in May. That's why everyone is switching over to Firefox.
    A lot of people *still* use IE

I hate it when my site looks great in one browser but not in another
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

A lot of people *still* use IE
    Lighten up Francis...I was only joking.

-Christopher Morley

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar

I'll refrain from kicking, since you said to monetize that with AdSense rather than sales...

And to Grove, I'll add that the "particular topic" should be one that every other webmaster isn't already going after (there must be 10 trillion Mesothelioma sites, for instance). Content has niches that get saturated, too.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    possible to have Javascript disabled, so wouldn't it be possible for a browser to have this automatically disabled?
    Javascipt is disabled in the browser being used. You can run one with JS enabled and see what's on pages with JS, and a different browser with JS disabled - and not see what's on web pages put there with JS.

Google search with javascript and java disabled in Opera and you can see the Adwords on the Google site just fine without either one - same thing with or without. But with JS disabled, you can't see the Adsense on publisher web pages because it's put there using JS.

There's been too much confusion in some posts referring to them, sometimes they're being mixed up:

The Difference Between Adwords and Adsense

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    java not javascript.
    Yes, javascript runs on the browser and does not present a security risk.

Java uses a virtual java machine that must be on your computer. It can present security risks.

I am not an expert, this is just what I have been told. (I have programmed a few javascripts however). Read up from someone that really knows what they are talking about in the links below.

Java Vs. Javascript
    Java Security Risks
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Zimmy I agree, that would be the fastest way to do it. But as Leader said the niche would need to be right, and the SEO of the pages will need to be right. Iím not sure if it would work using PPC.

The best way is a lot of quality content, in a good niche with the proper SEO, and finish it off with a sitemap submission to G.

Done right, $400 would be a bad month.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

I'll clarify a bit what I meant because Adsense and Adwords can get confusing (like webworker said).

I would build a site using Adsense to make money. Strategically placed Adsense ads within an article will yield a nice revenue.

The way that I've picked what to write about is I look into the keywords that people are paying large amounts in Adwords.

So when the Adsense is placed on my site and my visitor clicks through...I can earn 5.00 (or higher) a click instead of the more common .20 a click.

But like Leader and Trying to Win both mentioned...pick your niche carefully.

-Christopher Morley

Pray

Google search with javascript and java disabled in Opera and you can see the Adwords on the Google site just fine without either one
    You can see the ads on Google because they are not displayed with Javascript as Adsense on a publisher's website is. Turn off Javascript and go to a publisher's site running Adsense and you won't see them.

On Google, you won't see the mouseover "go to site.com" in the browser status bar, because that's Javascript.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

lots of content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast