Ive started doing Walk Away the Pounds
    Ive been doing it for 3 weeks and im noticing some improvement. I just do the 2 mile walk 5 days a week.

The workout is light and doesnt make me sweat a lot, but its good to get everything going and really warms me up.

ABW Ambassador
    How many pounds have you walked away so far?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    How many pounds have you walked away so far?
    You know, I havent weighed myself, I just notice that my pants are looser and i have to put another slot on my belt, and its getting to borderline 2 slots.

but also after exercising I'm not eating as much junk food, because Ill look at 3 cookies and say "Ill have to walk 2 miles to get rid of it, so I'll have a little orange juice instead for a sweetness craving.

Learn to love almonds best snack food in existence.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I cut out soda pop 3 months ago, and have lost 17 pounds. Haven't changed anything else, no diet or anything. Got in the habit of sitting at my PC drinking soda all the time, and decided it was time to go cold turkey.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Elbowcreek - What did you use to replace the soda. I just refell into that trap myself almost 2 liters a day.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

My husband quit drinking Mt.Dew recently and started drinking Lipton's green tea w/citrus (regular, not diet). You might also try flavored waters; most are made w/Splenda instead of sugar.

I've lived in London for the past three years and the difference in having to walk everywhere instead of drive has made a huge difference - walking defo keeps you healthy!

Good for you!

Amanda

Affiliate Network Rep JustJustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Elbowcreek - What did you use to replace the soda. I just refell into that trap myself almost 2 liters a day.
    Try maybe switching to diet first, then juice, then watered down juice, then water with a little lemon. I was hooked on soda for a long time too and have been "sober" for well over a year now. Best of luck!
    Justin
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    [url=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]Join the Share Results affiliate network today![/url]
    e. justin @ shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoff
    I could happily eat my own body weight in almonds - is that a good thing?

Ive started doing Walk Away the Pounds
    Is that the name of a special program or will just pounding the pavement work? I have got to do something.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHoff
    - almonds are way healthy. Walnuts, too.

For those of you worried that nuts are fattening ... don't worry. HEALTHY fat is GOOD fat and you won't gain weight from nuts, just health. The very best thing you can snack on is raw almonds. You can't eat "too many" and they're yummy. Kills the sugar craving, too.

Those who have dropped soda from their lives ... good for you! It's one of the biggest culprits in creating fat people. Amazing how you can lose 20 pounds in a month by dropping the soda habit. This includes diet soda. Diet anything is a huge myth. It's poison and you don't lose weight from it, you still gain weight by drinking it. If you currently drink diet soda and think you're doing yourself a favor, think again. Stop the diet soda and you'll lose weight, too. Flavored water is great but Splenda and any other artificial sweetener is way toxic. Best to drink purified water with lemon or watered down juice. Try grape juice ... it's potent enough to mix with water and still taste like something.

And yeah ... walking is great! Walking with a friend is better.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The very best thing you can snack on is raw almonds.
    It's that "raw" part.

They taste Soooo much better as Smokehouse!

ABW Ambassador
    I love cashews, probably not the best nut. But it has 0 trans fat. Back in the day when I used to work out and eat healthy the saturated fat was what I kept an eye on. Gov says something in the 20 - 25 gram range for that. Back then I think I had it down to 10. Cashews per serving has 3, so not that bad. Water is also probably one of the best things to lose weight. No calories and kind of fills you up so you might not eat as much. I used to drown myself in it.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    It's that "raw" part.

They taste Soooo much better as Smokehouse!
    Yeah, roasted are great but raw almonds taste really good, too, although different. Raw are healthier but I eat them however they come. Almonds have a ton of vitamin E and when eaten raw, you're getting the huge benefits of extra E which is a major health boost. Not sure how much roasting or cooking nuts kills the vitamin benefits but it's all there when eaten raw. I'm a big nut freak ... love them in everything. I throw a handful of walnuts on salads, on veggies and in anything they might work well with. And chocolate covered almonds ... the ultimate high.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Internet Cowboy
    I like almonds too. Especially when covered with a thick coat of milk chocolate, but I have not had them in some time.
    I will get some plain almonds this week as a result of this thread, I will imagine that they are coated in milk chocolate.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread