Anyone do yoga?
    I'm thinking about taking a yoga class but Ive never done it before.
    Ive only heard good things about yoga.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever taken a yoga class and what you think about it

yoga is wow....do it for some time and see the diffrence in your mind and body....its magic....

ABW Ambassador
    I like women who do yoga, don't do it myself.

ABW Ambassador
    I did yoga when I was very young, it's very good for the back and waistline.

I like women who do yoga
    I guess you know that doing yoga gives a lot of flexibility and strength in certain parts of the anatomy that can make one very agile.

>> I like women who do yoga

why ?

i only think of people doing yoga in general are more inclined to a meat-free diet

i am a vegetarian, but i am not a yogi

I have taken few classes of yoga. At the begging thought that was wasting my time,BUT shortly after realised that yoga gave me much more then i expected. It turned my life in a bettre direction. If you want to know little bit abouth yoga here is a link so go on visit it if you want:

http://support007.com/find.php?value=Yoga

best regards
    hels

ABW Ambassador
    Just don't click on any of the Adsense and make him money thru the spam

"I like women who do yoga

why ?"

Was answered in the post right above yours

My wife is a certified Yoga Instructor, and according to her there are different ways to do Yoga, from the purely meditative to flexibility (Hata Yoga) to the more cardio (Ashtanga (sp??)) and Power Yoga. The newest craze is Hot Yoga were you do your workout at 40o C (104F). She is now starting a new class 'Yoga for disproportinate people', in case you fall in that category.

My favourite pose is 'corpse pose' were you lie flat on the ground, eyes closed, relaxed - I knock off every time.
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    "I like women who do yoga

why ?"

Was answered in the post right above yours
    Mr. Trust, you have a risque mind, but you're right.

My wife is a certified Yoga Instructor
    How about Tantra Yoga? I've always wondered how that could be taught; maybe Trust knows.

ABW Ambassador
    lol, i actually have some funny stories on that.

>> some funny stories

i like stories

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    How about Tantra Yoga? I've always wondered how that could be taught; maybe Trust knows.
    I know, but I won't tell
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

When I think of yoga I think of Escape - the Pina Colada Song by Rupert Holmes
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I've also wanted to try yoga. I have a yoga DVD, but I've never used it. Since it has been nice out, my husband and I usually go hiking or play sports at the park...maybe I'll get around to it this winter.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I've been doing yoga at home with a DVD and I love it. It's really helped my back problems and I find it calming and restorative too. I plan to start taking classes but will have to travel to another county to do that. Kind of a PIA, but that's what I get for living in the middle-of-nowhere.

Anyway, before you sign up for a class you might want to buy a DVD and check it out. Make sure you get a beginner's DVD though. The biggest problem I have with some of the poses is maintaining my balance. Strength and flexibility are also key to doing yoga. Good luck, I hope you enjoy it and let us know how it turns out!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    I've been doing yoga at home with a DVD and I love it. It's really helped my back problems and I find it calming and restorative too. I plan to start taking classes but will have to travel to another county to do that. Kind of a PIA, but that's what I get for living in the middle-of-nowhere.

Anyway, before you sign up for a class you might want to buy a DVD and check it out. Make sure you get a beginner's DVD though. The biggest problem I have with some of the poses is maintaining my balance. Strength and flexibility are also key to doing yoga. Good luck, I hope you enjoy it and let us know how it turns out!
    Rhea offers some great advice! I've become a pilates addict and I started by getting a beginner's DVD that I could try at home, it's a lot less intimidating. I've since gone to a few classes, but prefer the privacy of home!

Yoga offers a huge list of health benefits, so good luck and have fun!
    Julia
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Share Results Network
    [email=julia@shareresults.com]julia@shareresults.com[/email]
    [URL=http://www.shareresults.com]http://www.shareresults.com[/URL]

yes, yoga is incredible.
    look for a reputable studio, possibly on www.judysbook.com and they most likely have a beginner's class and then a new member rate. i took a rookie's class for 6 weeks because I knew nothing and I was really intimdated being male. The class was awesome. Everyone was making mistakes, but in a good environment. By the end I knew what was up and could hang in the other classes. Then I got 2 months for $100 as a beginner member. That really helped. However, in the summer I stopped going because it was nice out, but in the fall/winter in Seattle this is a must. I don't like gyms, but I do like yoga studios.

I started yoga last year with a DVD. I signed up for a beginners Hatha class a few months later. I have to say that the advice and adjustments from a good instructor made me realize that I wasn't doing most of the poses correctly on my own. A lot of studios have good deals for beginners and sometimes free trials. I go every week now and love the feel of the studio, the people in my classes, and the instructors. Pranayama/Yin is another type that I have done. You hold the poses for minutes at a time and barely ever even stand up. It is so relaxing, and very good for flexibility.

I could go on and on. I tell everyone I meet to go to a yoga class.

I'm all about yoga...
    I teach yoga twice a week -- it's so great. There are very many benefits.
    In a nut shell, yoga challenges your body to control your breathing while strengthening and lengthening your muscles. This is great for your whole body, because the better able you are to breath oxygen to all parts of the body, the more uplifted and energized you will feel.

The breath takes place through the nose, which differentiates it from every other physical activity. Imagine a wet wash cloth in the pit of your stomach, on each exhale squeeze every ounce of water out. Then refresh the lungs/stomach with a new breath. This will help you control your breathing.

Likewise, I like to use visualization. When seated or standing, enlongate the spine and visualize the spaces between growing taller. It is said after a yoga class, you are 1/4 inch taller than when you started!

I can't say enough good things about yoga. It helps me manage stress, I feel I'm able to benefit from my cardio better because my lungs are more expanded, I'm more flexible and my back hasn't hurt in years! Seriously, give it a try.

You feel a little bit funny at first -- and people do really get into it. But believe me, if you just let yourself go, you'll feel awesome!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I have an appointment with my allergist next month and I'm going to ask for the breathing function test again. Last time I was at 88% of average for my height and age. This time, thanks to yoga (and quitting smoking) I think I'll do much better. I'll let you guys know!

This thread is good timing for me - a new yoga studio opened up just down the street from me and they have day classes so I'm going to join up. I just don't know what to choose, though - Hatha yoga or Kundalina (sp?) yoga. Both sound good to me.

I do yoga, and just about everything else too. Olympic lifting, martial arts, pilates, gymnastics.

I like to use weights while doing yoga, it really gets the heart going in a very short time.

I also supplement with the REAL stuff, not the snake oil crap that is sold in most stores. One might say I'm a health nut; in the next 10-30 years technology and science will enable us to lead drastically different lives free of needless suffering and the frailties of biological aging, I'm just trying to stay as healthy as possible till the technology catches up.

I support the methusela mouse prize http://www.mprize.org/ and to anyone who thinks this stuff is impossible to achieve I'll tell you that some of the most well respected and brilliant scientists in the world are supporting this cause.

If we work together, the impossible will become reality.

A doctor recommended back surgery after a car accident to help relieve pain. I declined and took up several daily yoga poses instead. I do them daily, sometimes twice a day. I now have NO back pain and have started weight training again. Yoga exercise and diet have changed my life.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread