Question Will WebMerge help with SEO?
    Does having a datafeed and 30,000 web pages help with SEO?

I wouldn't say Webmerge and the amount of data you have will help your SEO. It really comes down to how unique the data is and how strong your website is. Of course you'll need to place relevant keywords on each of your page titles and repeat the same keywords at least one more time on the page to make it clear to the search engines what your pages are about. What really helps with SEO is your incoming links. I think that's always been and still is the biggest factor for good SEO.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I wouldn't say Webmerge and the amount of data you have will help your SEO. It really comes down to how unique the data is and how strong your website is. Of course you'll need to place relevant keywords on each of your page titles and repeat the same keywords at least one more time on the page to make it clear to the search engines what your pages are about. What really helps with SEO is your incoming links. I think that's always been and still is the biggest factor for good SEO.

- Scott
    But what if all the webmerge pages have links back to the main site? I guess that doesn't count

"But what if all the webmerge pages have links back to the main site?"

There are millions of sites out there that have this same factor in play. So this will do nothing to distinguish yours from the rest.

Like Snib said, "UNIQUE" is the operative term.

And inbound links are important; SE's ascribe more importance to links in from other sites than from internal links.

If there is a 10-page site that thousands of other sites see fit to link to, and a thousands-of-pages site that only a handful of other site link to, which one should the SE's regard as more "important"?

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    "But what if all the webmerge pages have links back to the main site?"

There are millions of sites out there that have this same factor in play. So this will do nothing to distinguish yours from the rest.

Like Snib said, "UNIQUE" is the operative term.

And inbound links are important; SE's ascribe more importance to links in from other sites than from internal links.

If there is a 10-page site that thousands of other sites see fit to link to, and a thousands-of-pages site that only a handful of other site link to, which one should the SE's regard as more "important"?

Then why not just buy a bunch of domains and create your own inbound links?

Go ahead. Buy a bunch of domains. Be sure to put each on a unique IP.

Oh, and don't forget to gather up a shizzle-load of inbound links from other sites to each of them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    Then why not just buy a bunch of domains and create your own inbound links?
    These links won't have much value. Links that have real value come from sites that generate thousands of visitors per day. If you can get a link from a large blog or community site you may do well. The real trick is getting people to pass your link around from person to person. It'll naturally appear in more blogs, forums and articles. You just need to have a site that's good enough to be passed around by word of mouth.

Some affiliates advocate the 100 site, crap on the wall strategy where you create hundreds of sites and interlink them. This does earn you money, but you need to keep creating new sites constantly. The problem I have with this is you aren't building a brand name for yourself. The longevity of affiliate businesses following using this strategy is questionable. It's very high maintenance and you can easily lose most of your income overnight when the search engines discover what you're doing.

If you think about it, what good will hundreds of crappy sites do for the internet?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Go ahead. Buy a bunch of domains. Be sure to put each on a unique IP.

How do you put each different domain on an unique IP?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Just get your hands on as many IP's as possible.

Still, each of the domains will be just as worthless as the next or the first if they don't have any inbound links of their own.

Just get your hands on as many IP's as possible.

Still, each of the domains will be just as worthless as the next or the first if they don't have any inbound links of their own.

I have no intention of purchasing a bunch of domains. I wondered why people didn't do that if that was all it took. However, it would appear that inbound links are not the only thing required (nor did you say "only") because you cannot have an infinite regression of inbound links. The links can
    t go back forever. They would have to start somewhere where no inbound links beyond them pointed to them.

Somewhere, my guess is quality content, the search engine uses another item in its algorithm to make a decision on its results. The combination is what is needed (I'm guessing.)

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread