Question What does a 365 day return policy mean to and affiliate?
    Does this mean as an affiliate that I might get a check from CJ and 364 days later owe it back? Thanks.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If the CJ merchant has any BHO's, forced cookie stuffers, SEM campaigns with house cookies, e-mail blasts with cookie washing links, and a herd of couponers those 365 day cookies become session only cookies.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    If the CJ merchant has any BHO's, forced cookie stuffers, SEM campaigns with house cookies, e-mail blasts with cookie washing links, and a herd of couponers those 365 day cookies become session only cookies.

I know I wrote too quickly and didn't ask my question right. I mean if a person buys an item and has 365 days to return it, and I get a CJ commission well before the return, what happens to the commission? Do I have to pay it back?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    I know I wrote too quickly and didn't ask my question right. I mean if a person buys an item and has 365 days to return it, and I get a CJ commission well before the return, what happens to the commission? Do I have to pay it back?
    Yep.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

It depends on the definition of return policy. Some refer to the return of a shopper during a set period of 15, 30, 45 or 365 days. The other is reference to how long a customer has to return merchandise for exchange or refund. If the merchant has a 365 day merchandise return policy, you probably won't get paid the commission until after the 365 days. This is the way most merchants return policies work. The commission is held or extended until after the waiting period. IMHO, any merchant that has a 365 day merchandise return policy is very foolish. Like Mike said don't expect any cookie from a merchant that is in bed with parasites to last beyond a single session.

Gene
    TCS

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Are you refering to "Return Days?" This would be the duration of the cookie. Kind of unusual for a CJ merchant.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    He's probably talking about a shoe merchant like Zappos:
    http://www.zappos.com/return_and_price_protection.zhtml

where a customer has 365 days to return a purchase and wants to know if they do what happens. Probably a reversal.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    He's probably talking about a shoe merchant like Zappos:
    http://www.zappos.com/return_and_price_protection.zhtml

where a customer has 365 days to return a purchase and wants to know if they do what happens. Probably a reversal.

Yes, this is exactly what I am talking about. I don't know when one would receive a payment from zappos (immediate or one year), but if I get paid before the 365 days and the customer returns the item on the 360th day, then I have to fork out the money to give back. Sounds scary. I guess "Welcome to the world of retail."

With shoes, if the customer doesn't return them within 30 days or so, they are probably not coming back so it's probably not worth losing any sleep over.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread