We've about outgrown the free stats packages. Is anyone using a paid stats package that's worth the money?

Hi, SpongeBob!

We use SiteStats.com for LesbianSexToys.com and LesbiansClick.com

It's about $20 a month each. You check the real-time stats online. You can read the actual log of visitors... where they came from... where they went, etc. You can also just check certain categories like most popular web pages, exit pages, referring web sites, etc.

You start with a two week free trial... You just place some HTML code on the pages you want statistics on.

...don't know if this is what you meant or your site needs something more. We're new to all this and it is working just fine for what we need. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anna and Paula

shouldnt you get that kinda stuff from your web host?

ABW Ambassador
    My favorite log analysis software is no longer on the market (NetIntellect) -- best query feature in the biz and from small sample tests (where I could compare to manual handcounts), most accurate. sigh... it was a dream... still have a copy I use at the end of the month for a major report.

But for the daily dirt, I use FastStats http://www.mach5.com/products/analyzer/ . FastStats is not without flaw -- if you're like me and download logs daily (just keep overwriting them), you can come up with some funky numbers because FastStats doubles up some of the numbers... but not all of them (this is a quirk of v 2.73 -- just now downloading the newest version, so maybe it's fixed). But you have to pay really close attention to the minutiae to even notice this problem -- it's not in the major details.

It is FAST and it seems fairly accurate. Good enough for trends and seeing who is hitting your site. Non-corpoate version is $99 (although I think you can get it for cheaper if you shop around -- they have affiliates -- no, I am not one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]).

And I haven't tested the software that is The Most Popular in this field in a couple of years, but every time I did previously, it was absolutely the Least Accurate. And a horribly bloated memory hog. And slooooooooow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>shouldnt you get that kinda stuff from your web host? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spiderman: The Webalizer stats with most hosts won't show subdomain hits and spider crawls. It's also thin on analytical tools.

We also use free sites to serve some pages that we don't want associated with our mainstream sites. We need to keep track of them.

Thanks Cedric, Anna and Paula

PaulaSmiles:
    Just wondering if SiteStats.com provides any reports on "robots/spiders". I've visited their site but couldn't find anything on that.

Cedric/SpongeBo:
    You might want to give a try to this little known Offline Stats Analysis Program called Summary Pro 1.5.x, which is available at http://summary.net. It generates all kinds of reports, which IMO, are more adequate to what FastStats is capable of.

BTW, I have stopped using FastStats, because our "upgraded" server log files do not conform with their standards, and I just don't know enough to configure a server log file (my web host - Hosting.com, is most unhelpful with regards to this).

Cheers,
    TianTian

I use Super Stats from www.mycomputer.com

The best feature these folks have is a "referrers" report that will show where each click through came from for each of your pages. This isn't the general, generic junk that most reporting systems have,where you are told that 27 people used AOL search and arrived at your page. Super Stats gives you the actual search term the visitor entered, and you can click on it to see the SE page the visitor saw when they made the decision to click through to your page. This is great for checking your SE positions and seeing which listings are generating your traffic.

Check it out.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread