Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Inside Adsense - Tips about Adsense
    Here's an interesting blog that might answer people's Adsense questions: http://adsense.blogspot.com/ has helpful tips to get the most out of your Adsense campaign.

    As I was skimmming, I found this tip particularly interesting:
    Use wide ad formats. Many publishers find the 728x90 Leaderboard outperforms the 468x60 banner by about 70%. I particularly recommend using the 728x90 Leaderboard, 160x600 Wide Skyscraper, and 300x250 Medium Rectangle.[1]
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    That's right on the home page of Adsense

    https://www.google.com/adsense/

    Go there, sign up, try it.

  3. #3
    Prince of Content Vinny O'Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,126
    The 468 is the only banner I dont use anymore, why anyone would use it is beyond me.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

  4. #4
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    What if it works for them.

  5. #5
    Prince of Content Vinny O'Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,126
    Well if it is the only banner that fits for the space on the site then thats fine. I actually find the using the 468 is useless and would redesign my site before using it. Affiliate marketers have created the ad blindness to that size. Sorry but thats just the truth.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    Maybe there's ad blindness to all of Adsense. I use the 468x60 with no problem. Don't know why people think their experience with something is going to be everybody else's experience with it. What sizes work for you? Whatever size it is there'll be people who think those sizes suck.

  7. #7
    ABW Ambassador Trying to Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2006
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    503
    The size of the adsense ad you are running dose not matter, while it is true that some larger sizes covert better than smaller ones. It all comes down to placement and content. Any size adsense placed above the fold along with the proper content will convert very good. In fact some of the smaller ones have the added benefit of not displaying the url in the ad.

    Bottom line size dose not matter, placement, content and page design dose matter.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

  8. #8
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    The 468 is the only banner I dont use anymore, why anyone would use it is beyond me.
    I'd bet that lots of people are numb to the 468, although I still use 468 affiliate banners.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  9. #9
    ABW Ambassador Trying to Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2006
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I'd bet that lots of people are numb to the 468, although I still use 468 affiliate banners.
    If you are talking about the standard 468 banner, it is useless. The conversion rates just donít make any sense. In my view itís a waste of space. However if you are talking about a 468 adsense banner that you customize to include the look and feel of your site, and have the content match to what the visitor is looking for, it can be a winner.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

  10. #10
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    If your site requires "tipping" is Adsense worth it?
    Perhaps webmasters of small sites should take note that Google doesn't pay up until an Adsense account goes over a $100 threshold

    Some sites blatantly beg for tipping.

    No wonder some webmasters are hesitant about Adsense:
    For many small-time sites with very little traffic, ad revenue accounts build so slowly they seem to stagnate. In Karp's case, he seems stuck at around $23. [1]
    The fact that the quest to emulate Robin Hood mushroomed into a click fraud problem for Google is just a tad ironic [1].

    What happens to the money from all those stagnant accounts that never exceed the $100 threshold?


    Btw, I always liked this song by the Clash
    Last edited by Rhia7; April 10th, 2006 at 01:17 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  11. #11
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    They shouldn't get paid a dime because they're violating the rules and you should be able to make $100, if not in one month then the following ones. And you're also wrong about the guy not being able to get his $23:

    "In the event the Agreement is terminated, Google shall pay Your earned balance to You within approximately ninety (90) days after the end of the calendar month in which the Agreement is terminated by You (following Google's receipt of Your written request, including by email, to terminate the Agreement) or by Google. In no event, however, shall Google make payments for any earned balance less than $10."

    And I still don't know why you're talking about something you have zero experience with.

  12. #12
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,053
    Perhaps webmasters of small sites should take note that Google doesn't pay up until an Adsense account goes over a $100 threshold
    Guess what? Webmasters of small sites who run Adsense on them DO know it. It says so right in the agreement. The people who don't know it are the people who are not in the program and know nothing about it. And if people aren't literate enough to read and know what's in the agreement, what business do they have thinking they can run websites and that they'll make money doing it?

    No wonder some webmasters are hesitant about Adsense:
    How come no wonder? Because an article is online trying to capitalize on writing what everyone already knows? Because other people are violating the Terms of Service? Because other people can't make any money off their sites? Which one of those reasons could cause a webmaster to be hesitant? Which one of those is any kind of a valid reason that makes any sense?

    What happens to the money from all those stagnant accounts that never exceed the $100 threshold?
    Bookkeeping 101 - the money stays in the equivalent of "Accounts Payable" or "Commissions Payable" like all other business Liabilities that are accrued. Assets - Liabilities = Capital which is the basic accounting equation - class one of Bookkeeping 101.

    A Google spokesperson had no immediate comment when asked what percentage of AdSense participants never exceed the $100 threshold, how many dollars all their accounts add up to, and just what Google does with the money.
    It's none of anybody's business except the people involved, plain and simple. Companies don't usually go around telling whoever asks how they run their accounting systems, just because some snoop gets curious.

    And I still don't know why you're talking about something you have zero experience with.
    Exactly. Rhia7, have you read the help files and the agreement? Have you even signed up for the Adsense program?
    Last edited by webworker; April 10th, 2006 at 02:33 AM.

  13. #13
    The Eternal Optimist zimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    696
    When I first started with Adsense I didn't make the $100.00 per month threshold...but I stuck with it. For me it was no different than Amazon which pays quarterly. Your Adsense money just stays in your account until you reach $100.00 and then you get a check. When I first started that was usually quarterly. Now I have no problem reaching the $100.00 mark each month. But if I had let that little detail stop me from running Adsense, I wouldn't have what I have today.

    Rhia7 - Why do you continually play the antagonist?? If you don't like Google then just walk away -spend your time doing something productive.



    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

  14. #14
    Prince of Content Vinny O'Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,126
    Anyone with a basic knowledge of adsense and some traffic should be making $100 a day.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

  15. #15
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1

    And I still don't know why you're talking about something you have zero experience with.
    I'm not allowed to educate myself before taking action? Am I supposed to jump before I look?

    I'm not allowed to comment on related web articles I read?

    Thanks, Trusty
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  16. #16
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    It's like someone telling me how good pizza is tho they've never had it themselves.

    I've seen you give other people advice on both Adwords and Adsense even tho you do neither. And a lot of your posts seem to be along the lines of how Adsense isn't good, but you've never tried it. Like the post about the guy and the $23 in this thread and just one within the last hour of how Adsense might take away from Mike's $0 earnings which is wrong too. What I'm saying is, why don't you actually try it instead of assuming. And you're trying to give advice to people already using Adsense, when it should be the other way around.

  17. #17
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    It's like someone telling me how good pizza is tho they've never had it themselves.

    I've seen you give other people advice on both Adwords and Adsense even tho you do neither. And a lot of your posts seem to be along the lines of how Adsense isn't good, but you've never tried it. Like the post about the guy and the $23 in this thread and just one within the last hour of how Adsense might take away from Mike's $0 earnings which is wrong too. What I'm saying is, why don't you actually try it instead of assuming. And you're trying to give advice to people already using Adsense, when it should be the other way around.
    I'm not giving Adsense advice at all. I was just posting articles for discussion. I can read an article and understand it.

    I was asking Mike for his opinion (not yours *LOL*).

    I have a right to my opinions on this board and I have a right to ask people their opinions. You can post as much as you want to but it won't affect my style.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  18. #18
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    4,423
    Rhia7, I have learned from your adsense/adword posts - to just ignore your posts. That might sound mean, but you continually seem to have some agenda about these programs while you refuse to even signup - which is free - to check anything you say. Because of this, I have no faith you actually know about anything you post about.

    Do you go by "Larwee" on other forums?

    chet

  19. #19
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    Rhia7, I have learned from your adsense/adword posts - to just ignore your posts. That might sound mean, but you continually seem to have some agenda about these programs while you refuse to even signup - which is free - to check anything you say. Because of this, I have no faith you actually know about anything you post about.

    Do you go by "Larwee" on other forums?

    chet
    No, I don't go by "Larwee" anywhere else.

    If you choose to ignore my posts, go ahead.

    I have no agenda, I'm just trying to learn about the programs and I like to discuss different points of view. If I quote an online article, that's an example of a view/situation to discuss and to debate. I often will take an opposite viewpoint just for the challenge and Adsense is something I see as interesting to debate.

    As for signing up, there's a good chance that I will sign up for Adsense but I am in the throws of re-designing my pages. My "bias" against Adsense is that I think it might ruin the look of my pages, (perhaps it's a blog thing only) plus I have read elsewhere that it isn't always lucrative. I've "progressed" from a "definite no" on Adsense to a "definite maybe."

    I have a right to my opinions and to seek opinions. I don't blindly clap and play "follow the leader" on anything
    Last edited by Rhia7; April 10th, 2006 at 07:30 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  20. #20
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    For me it was no different than Amazon which pays quarterly. Your Adsense money just stays in your account until you reach $100.00 and then you get a check.
    I still affiliate with Amazon (was it my first?) even though I haven't passed the $100 threshold with them

    I've made good money with CJ & LS.

    Amazon provided some graphics I wanted for my site(s) and so I keep them. People trust amazon and I get a kick out of the list of books/videos I've sold -- thus I've retained amazon.

    I have nothing against Google at all. Most of my posts about Adsense/Adwords/Anything else are in pursuit of knowledge

    Thank you for your encouragement.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  21. #21
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Gee, I read threads like this and I wonder why some people in this forum go down my throat when I wonder if I really want to sign up?

    Read. ABW members complain about parasites in Adsense -- yuck. Why race to sign up for that?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  22. #22
    Full Member
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    224
    Read. ABW members complain about parasites in Adsense -- yuck. Why race to sign up for that?
    Because you make money. You don't make money talking about making money. You have to start the ball rolling. It doesn't hurt, it's easy, it's free, don't be such a scaredy-cat!

    You can't read about life, you have to live it!!!

  23. #23
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,053
    Rtfm
    Gee, I read threads like this and I wonder why some people in this forum go down my throat when I wonder if I really want to sign up?

    Read. ABW members complain about parasites in Adsense -- yuck. Why race to sign up for that?
    Correction - the parasites are not in Adsense. Adsense itself cannot "have" parasites. It is parasitic sites that are running paid ads like they do all over the internet. And if you ever see any sites you don't like running ads that may appear, for any reason whatsoever, you just put them on the filter and they're gone!

    Then you complain to Adsense Support if you care to take the time, telling them the reason why you object to any site running ads, for any reason.

    wonder if I really want to sign up?
    So then don't sign up! Nobody is telling you to or trying to make you - and it's you not making money from Adsense like other people are.

    But for those who are signed up and making nice money from it, some a LOT of money, it can get very annoying to see someone post negatively about it all_the_time when they know absolutely nothing about it whatsoever. Very annoying, and it serves no purpose but as an irritation to people.

    I'm just trying to learn about the programs and I like to discuss different points of view.
    You *cannot* discuss different points of view - because you can't have a point of view unless you know something about it - which apparently you don't, by your own admission. You also really can't have an opinion without *doing* the program, because there has to be knowledge to base opinions on which can only be gotten by being a participant.

    You want to learn? Instead of articles that are half-baked opinions that are worthless gossip or written to get traffic, and are NOT accurate or factual, read what Google has on their Adsense site. That is where to learn what it's all about, aside from what you can't know until you're actually running it and seeing how it's working from the inside, in the reports and other data that tell impressions, CTR, give cumulative earnings data and also give detailed channel information.

    Read here, just like we all did before starting - RTFM:

    Google Advertising

    It's all there, all anyone needs to know before signing up. Don't trust Google? Trust CJ and LS more than Google? Fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

    Rhia7 - Why do you continually play the antagonist?? If you don't like Google then just walk away -spend your time doing something productive.
    Exactly. Don't like the sound of it? Simple - don't do it!
    Last edited by webworker; April 10th, 2006 at 09:52 PM.

  24. #24
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    You *cannot* discuss different points of view - because you can't have a point of view unless you know something about it - which apparently you don't, by your own admission.
    I admit I haven't yet signed for Asense, but that doesn't mean I don't know anything about the topic.
    I also understand that not everyone is going to make a lot of money with Adsense and I wonder whether I would or not.

    According to your logic a doctor would have to experience a disease prior to understanding a disease and definitely prior to being able to treat a disease effectively

    You apparently don't like anything negative to be posted on the topic.
    Socrates taught by asking questions. Law schools still teach some courses with the socrateric method. Socrates' questions weren't very popular and thus he was forced to drink hemlock.

    I get tired of threads such as "LS sucks" but I don't go after people with a symbolic knife.


    Okay, let's all say it's wonderful and Adsense is a ticket to wealth
    I don't want to be the one to pop the bubble (and they do pop, read Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds ) but there is a good thread going on at webmasterworld.com You too can make $5.35/hour with Adsense?

    At least some of the members of Webmasterworld.com are more tolerant of diversified points of view than some of the members here.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  25. #25
    Full Member
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    224
    Goodness, Rhia, you're like a dog with a bone. There are people who can make websites that convert and those that can't. If you can't, nothing you do will work.

    I've made good money with CJ & LS.
    I have to question this, since you still don't have access to datafeeds. It takes very little to get that access ($10,000 sales a month for CJ, 50 sales/month for Linkshare). So do you think you're doing the best you can for yourself, when people like me are making real dough, and in my case almost completely with help from the dreaded Adwords, plus some Adsense on the side?

    What gets me is that you'd rather trust opinions from people who obviously aren't succeeding? Wouldn't it make more sense to model yourself after people who are?

    You can't read yourself to wealth, but you can (and should) actively seek it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can anyone give me some adsense tips?
    By salestrainer in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 20th, 2008, 01:25 AM
  2. New Inside Adsense Blog - from Google
    By Drastic in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 17th, 2005, 04:40 PM
  3. One of the best Google Adsense tips ever
    By ZachH in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: April 20th, 2005, 09:05 PM
  4. 8 Adsense Tips
    By HardwareGeek in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: August 16th, 2004, 02:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •