Outsourced Program Manager Patrick - AMWSO's Avatar
    Linkshare's DRMs
    Hi All,

I was just wondering how many of you use Linkshare's DRM's? I've just ran a report for Forzieri it appears we have few affiliates using them and just 167 clicks for the month of March. There must be a reason for the low click-through which I guess explains the low usage....anyone any ideas on why we are seeing such low click-through or thoughts on Linkshare's DRMs in general?

Thanks,

Patrick Goodfellow
    Forzieri Partner Manager
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. MSN - goodfellowpat@hotmail.com ::: www.amwso.com Get our RSS News Feed here - feeds.feedburner.com/AMWSO
    My Affiliate Marketing Programs :
    EverSmoke.com - SouthBeachSmoke.com, My music production site.

ABW Ambassador
    I use them when I have pages that load too fast

It solves that problem.

Lol!!

lol took me a second, but that was good
    Patrick
    I use them for some as long as they're sized the way I prefer them. Only problem I've had with with a few are they don't seem to always show all the time and even at times just change into a long Linkshare banner lol (umm they get removed quickly) I have the same problem with some of the dynamic text links not showing at times. I use them since they're convenient and wasn't aware of the low click-through rate. Maybe I'll reconsider now?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Last time I timed putting 5 Overstock text based DRM's on a page it took 12 minutes to load. If I removed the DRMs it took 1 minute to load ...LOL Conclusion after 3 years of testing LS DRM's is they all run on a old intel 386 server with 128mb of ram. Would be nice to have auto updating diplay links to hot sellers. But just like refusal to impliment lightning quick Goldencan feed displays, Linksshare cannot get enthused by anything but coupons and other fodder required by Super affiliates and BHO's.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks for your replies. In future I'll also create the DRM's as auto-updating banners hosted on the amwso server.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. MSN - goodfellowpat@hotmail.com ::: www.amwso.com Get our RSS News Feed here - feeds.feedburner.com/AMWSO

DRMS are not compatible with our technology, can't use them at all.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick - AMWSO
    Thanks for your replies. In future I'll also create the DRM's as auto-updating banners hosted on the amwso server.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    Taht would make me jump on them as nothing beats a DRM for customer facing showcase displays.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

What is a DRM?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Taht would make me jump on them as nothing beats a DRM for customer facing showcase displays.
    Do you have any examples that are working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    What is a DRM?
    DRM = Dynamic Rich Media > Basicly a graphical link that auto updates - when we change the graphic on our end it will automaticly update on you site. They are not available for all merchants as they have to pay a fee to Linkshare have this feature.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    Forzieri Partner Manager

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick - AMWSO

Cheers,
    Patrick
    Way to go - I would definitely use these! 125 x 125 is my favorite size, but I'll also use 120x240, 120x90 or 120x60.

Thanks!

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    To answer your question Rhia7, a DRM is usually a javascript based creative that is served by either the merchant or the network. They can be any size or type (text, images or combination). The beauty is that they are dynamic and only require one line of code on the affiliate site. Any changes made to the layout by the merchant will automatically be reflected on the affiliates page.

The downside is that they don't really have any content so they don't provide any spider food.

We have samples on our affiliate page if you'd like to seem them.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread