Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am getting Tired of zappos F#@k'ng reversals
    I have some sales with zappos, however those sales usually get reversed at the last friggin moment. I can not tolerate this sh!t anymore! I'm getting ready to kick their asses to the curb.

ABW Ambassador
    Zappos has reversals? A shoe merchant?

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    I am not sure what reversal rate you all see with Zappos, but ours is only 9%. Of course you will have to deal with LS rather than CJ...
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

But!!! Onlineshoes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlineshoes MGR
    I am not sure what reversal rate you all see with Zappos, but ours is only 9%. Of course you will have to deal with LS rather than CJ...
    Did I read too fast or did I see that you only pay 10% with only a 72hour cookie? Forgive me if I scanned the program too fast. Please clarify!
    The best things in life are not things at all...

ABW Ambassador
    Zappos 15% with a 90 day cookie and largest selection of shoes I've seen
    Shoebuy 17% with a 30 day cookie and coupon available to use
    Shoes.com 17.5% with a 120 cookie and coupons available recently
    Onlineshoes 10% with a 3 day cookie? and at LS (May 1) but low reversal rate

Lots of factors to choose a shoe merchant, ultimately EPC
    Last edited by Trust; April 10th, 2006 at 02:39 PM.

Actually, I am not sure where you are seeing 72hrs at *puzzled*. Since November, 2005 our cookie with BeFree has been at 30 days. When we move to LS it will be 45 days.

10% is our base commissions.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

ABW Ambassador
    http://www.onlineshoes.com/info.asp?info=aff_terms

The session ends upon one of the following events: (a) 72 hours elapses from the customer's initial click-through, (b) the customer orders the Product, or (c) the customer follows a third party's Tracking Link.

I looked at BF and didn't see anything about the cookie, it said check the page I linked too.

well, I am a dork and missed updating that info. Check back in 10 minutes and my engineering team will have changed it...I keep having to buy them coffee.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

by the way, thanks for pointing that out. It was right in BeFree and elsewhere, just missed it there. duh.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

I just want to clarify that mistake was simply textual, we have been paying out on a 30 day cookie since November 2005.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Well, Angel, this cinches my move to OnlineShoes. I sent the Shoeline.com AM several note through CJ mail the last year, all asking about extended transactions going back months. Took forever to get back to me and when he did I got this:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I just checked with my programmer and he stated that because of systems problems on our end, we experienced a high number of extended sales due to lack of, or incorrect metrics. The problem has been solved and things should return to normal next month. Again, I sincerely apologize for the delay and any problems it may have caused you.
    That was back in July. Then the end of February I inquired about a bunch of extended transactions from December and got this:

My programmer has been out of the office for the past 3 days. After speaking with him this morning, he stated that we have installed a new credit card processing machine and that is the reason for the recent extended sales.
    I then asked if this was if this was temporary or the norm and was told it was temporary.

The first week of April I inquired about extended transactions and when I did not get a response last week I asked again. In that request I said:

Should I be using a different means to contact you. This method takes forever.
    In which I got this unbelievable response:

Ron,

THis is simply the way our transaction system works. If you don't like it, feel free to opt out.

Paul
    Now I don't normally share email correspondence but this short and curt response just blew me away. I had not been any way rude or pushy in my questions. He did not bother to clarify their policies or numbers regarding the "way our transaction system works", nor did he bother to suggest a faster way of communicating.

As my two previous inquiries about extended transactions brought forth problems he was unaware of (poor metrics, whatever that was and a new credit card system causing delays), I did not think it at all out of line to ask again when I saw it occuring again.

I still can't believe the response I got!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Sorry, I know this thread was about Zappos, but as we started to compare other merchants, I thought the timing of this encounter with Shoeline was very appropriate for this thread and as it progressed into questions about OnlineShoes, I just could not resist.

It appears there is more than one of us frustrated with more than one shoe merchant.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

So many shoe merchants .... so much frustration.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

And obviously some of them have enough affiliates they can suggest they opt out if they want to.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Here's another thing that happens A LOT.

Some ladies are chatting and looking at shoes online while on lunch break at the office. One of them decides to buy those cute new sandals that Shakira wears in her latest video. Another one says "Oh! Don't close that site yet! I want to get some too!" and another "Me, too!".

Zappos has their cookie set for unlimited occurences. You get credit for all three sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlineshoes MGR
    well, I am a dork and missed updating that info. Check back in 10 minutes and my engineering team will have changed it...I keep having to buy them coffee.
    Change is up and live. Thanks again for pointing out the need for a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    In which I got this unbelievable response:

Ron,

THis is simply the way our transaction system works. If you don't like it, feel free to opt out.

Paul

Now I don't normally share email correspondence but this short and curt response just blew me away. I had not been any way rude or pushy in my questions. He did not bother to clarify their policies or numbers regarding the "way our transaction system works", nor did he bother to suggest a faster way of communicating.

That's insane Ron.
    A merchant would never talk to a corporate partner like Google, for instance, in the same dismissive tone. Not, that I don't get frustrated at times, but that's what racquetball is for. You just can't take it out on people whom you expect to be your partners. I just don't get it, and I am not simply talking about that particular AM, if you want to be treated like a professional you should act like one. Some of the comments I see out there are simply bewildering.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Well, it really surprises me. I'm far from a top affiliate with that company but I send them sales every month without fail.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

It's insane, but common.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

By the way, Electropulse and others reading this thread.
    It would seem that I have hijacked the topic, which is not what I meant to do. If there is a moderator out there, who wouldn't mind splitting out the stuff about Onlineshoes, I would appreciate it. Board members should have the right to vent on a topic without being pitched by merchant. My apologies.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Angel,

Regardless of your intent, it was good you mentioned something so that correction could be noted and made.

I'm as guilty as hijacking if that is what the moderators decide, but I don't feel either of us were to far off topic.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

If you want less returns, promote shoe merchants that don't have that free shipping, free returns policy. The conversion rate isn't as high as Zappos (up to 45% recently) but the reversal rate is much lower. As far as EPC, it may net out about the same.

For the best deals for shoppers, ShoeBuy is a heck of a lot better than Zappos.

yeah ... thanks for that ... again

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar
    If you want less returns, promote shoe merchants that don't have that free shipping, free returns policy. The conversion rate isn't as high as Zappos (up to 45% recently) but the reversal rate is much lower. As far as EPC, it may net out about the same.

For the best deals for shoppers, ShoeBuy is a heck of a lot better than Zappos.
    Your post made me feel good
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

That 45% was meant to be the reversal rate, not conversion rate..

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days

I got this unbelievable response:

Quote:
    Ron,

Paul

It is very unbelievable Ron. NO merchant is good enough to warrant that bullshit. UNREAL!!!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast