Lightbulb survey
    Hi guys

1.Are you interested in Chinese products?
    2.What do you think the Chinese products?
    3.What kinds of Chinese products interesred in?Are you buy the Chinese product frequently through EBAY?
    4.If has one advertisement Affiliate to promote the Chinese product specially, would you like to go to join the member?

Thanks the participation this survey!

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Max, and welcome to ABW.

Actually we buy a lot of products in this country that are made in China and imported and sold in retail stores, without even thinking about it - clothing, gift items and a lot of others. And personally I'm very glad that the trade and economy in China is growing, with more opportunities for the people now and for future generations.

But if you're talking about items that are specifically Chinese "ethnic" products, kitchen and home decor items, that's different and I don't know about it myself. But do know that there are specialty shops in major cities that specialize in "ethnic" products, particularly big cities (or neighborhoods) that have a large Chinese population.

3.What kinds of Chinese products are you interered in?Are you buy the Chinese product frequently through EBAY?
    I've never bought anything at Ebay, bt I know a lot of people do - looking for bargains.

Personally, at times I do a lot of Chinese cooking at home (Love Chinese food), so I will go to specialty Chinese markets to have a large selection of authentic groceries to choose from. I use an authentic Wok and "spatula" and do buy very ethnic food items to use in cooking - bean threads, pressed bean curd, sesame oil, specific vegetables like bok choy and chinese cabbage, the hot pickled turnip that's sliced for hot & sour and tofu and pork dishes - certain cuts of meat - you get the idea. But only some of that can be imported. Cookware and serveware and some kitchenware certainly can be. That covers question 3 - but I'm not representative of what your high demand potential customers might be.

4.If has one advertisement Affiliate to promote the Chinese product specially, would you like to go to join the member?
    I buy at the local Chinese grocery stores and markets, and have never bought anything at Ebay so I can't say at all. At ecommerce stores with affiliate programs, I imagine specialty cookware could sell - depending the demand and whether or not the target market is doing a lot of online shopping yet.

Internet selling with an affiliate program, if that's what's being considered, might work if the right niche and market is tapped into and a good program set up. But again, it's a matter of product and keyword research and consumer demand to see what people are actually buying online and know what direction to go in.

If you're thinking of importing goods from China to sell here, Ebay or a website with an affiliate program, the best thing would be to do keyword research to see what products are getting a lot of searches at the search engines - and how competitive - to be able to figure out how good the market potential would be.

I bet there is some demand for home accent, decor and "Oriental" style furniture, but it would take research to know how much and who the targeted audience would be. It might just be a very good niche that hasn't been tapped into and crowded with competition yet - definitely worth doing some good research on.

BTW, there is a member here who is very knowledgable and highly respected and capable, and was raised in a traditional Chinese home. If she finds this thread she may be able to give you some first hand valuable insight and encouragement.

It's very late and I'm half asleep, so hope I was clear enough and made some sense.
    Last edited by webworker; April 11th, 2006 at 05:11 AM.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hi, I'd agree. Being Chinese myself, I know that a retail site focused on Asian-themed items would probably be a hit if marketed correctly. You can also gauge consumer demand by the number of mom-and-pop brick-n-mortar stores popping up in malls. I know there are Asian grocery stores online, but I don't personally know of any specifically Asian online retails stores.

Webworker's right, there would also be a ton of good content for you to use in your optimization and to pass along to affiliates if that was in your interests. Recipes, history, geesh, there's probably enough Chinese history out there to fill a million pages! If you ever want to brainstorm about where to go from here, feel free to PM, IM or contact me in anyway!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Thank you two guys!! You're so nice!! Your suggstions are very useful , and I'll take into considernation.

Quote Originally Posted by max966
    Hi guys

There's a market for Hoi Tong Face Powder in white and pink

It would depend upon the individual products available for me to specifically market.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Hi guys

3.What kinds of Chinese products interesred in?Are you buy the Chinese product frequently through EBAY?

YES

Quote Originally Posted by webworker

BTW, there is a member here who is very knowledgable and highly respected and capable, and was raised in a traditional Chinese home. If she finds this thread she may be able to give you some first hand valuable insight and encouragement.
    hi webworker,could you give me her ID number so that i can contact with her and get some valuable info from her.

And you are?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    Hi, I'd agree. Being Chinese myself, I know that a retail site focused on Asian-themed items would probably be a hit if marketed correctly. You can also gauge consumer demand by the number of mom-and-pop brick-n-mortar stores popping up in malls. I know there are Asian grocery stores online, but I don't personally know of any specifically Asian online retails stores.

Webworker's right, there would also be a ton of good content for you to use in your optimization and to pass along to affiliates if that was in your interests. Recipes, history, geesh, there's probably enough Chinese history out there to fill a million pages! If you ever want to brainstorm about where to go from here, feel free to PM, IM or contact me in anyway!
    hi Carolyn, i am MAX966's friend and we have some more questions want to ask you. by the way, can you read and type chinese words?if you can, it is better to use chinese instead. in addition,if you have MSN messager, please add hu_zhe@hotmail.com(it's my MSN)

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    And you are?
    you ask me?
    i am max966's friend

Hi Ken,
    Welcome to ABW... I have a few questions to ask.
    Where are you currently located? USA or China? If China what city?
    Where will you distribute the products ?
    Best,
    Gary

http and a telephoto
    Since you folks are new, you cannot PM Carolyn, so use the email address in her signature to contact her instead

And Welcome....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Hi Ken,
    usually most people say hi and welcome themselves to the board, especially before asking for contact info about a member. When they don't, they come off as suspicious.
    Now that you have said hi ... Hi!
    you might want to edit your message to change your email to something like hu_zhe/hotmail/com or something so you don't get tons of spam in your inbox.
    Just a suggestion.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    Hi Ken,
    usually most people say hi and welcome themselves to the board, especially before asking for contact info about a member. When they don't, they come off as suspicious.
    Now that you have said hi ... Hi!
    you might want to edit your message to change your email to something like hu_zhe/hotmail/com or something so you don't get tons of spam in your inbox.
    Just a suggestion.
    hi popdawg:
    thanks for your suggestion, i will change it. but i can not find the previous post's edit button,could you tell me where i can find it?thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexad
    Hi Ken,
    Welcome to ABW... I have a few questions to ask.
    Where are you currently located? USA or China? If China what city?
    Where will you distribute the products ?
    Best,
    Gary
    hi Gary,
    thanks for your post, i currently live in Australia, but my friends locate in China.
    they are planning to do some international trade between USA and China.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Since you folks are new, you cannot PM Carolyn, so use the email address in her signature to contact her instead

And Welcome....
    thank you and your advice is very helpful. in addition, if you do not mind, could you give us some opinions about Chinese products? what types of chinese products you think would attract oversea consumers?
    best regards
    ken

ABW Ambassador
    The type sold here:
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/index.aspx

A merchant at SAS

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread