Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    April Blue's - Where did my sales go
    I noted in another post in this forum that my April sales were way down the first first day from March.

Well lets just say. In March for 3 weeks I had at least 1 sale everyday with an average of about 2-3. Well April 1st hit and I had 3 days with no sales. (Overture) also started changing title tags to fit keywords) (Very Bad)

So the last 8 days I have increased my budget to over 4 times a day what I was spending in March. My Traffic is about 2 to 3 times the March amount. Yet the clickthroughs tracked by CJ are down to about half what they were in March. I have had 1 sale in 11 days and it was for a low paying product that had previously never sold.

Its really weird to have this big of dip. I am trying to figure out if maybe I am getting less qualified traffic because Overture decided to start changing titles in an attempt to increase qualified traffic but in essence they just hurt my traffic. The traffic to my site however, is still coming from the same terms that brought me such a good March.

Any thoughts?

I see the same trend in the first 10 days of April. April is always my worest month.

Just got off the phone with my affiliate's program manager. He told me sales so far this month are very strong. OHHHHHHHHH the frustration. I have no idea what is wrong.

No complaints. Sales are good.

I'm slow too I'm hoping things will pick up after the Easter Holiday.

April sales are a little slow for me.

I noticed you mentioned overture and CJ.

I am curious, are you doing direct to merchant at overture. Or, do you have a landing page?

We have a full website. I do not direct any clicks directly from overture to affiliate.

This is looking to be the best month in my two years as an affiliate marketer. I'm very excited!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

slowest month in 6-mos for me.

oops wrong forum

ABW Ambassador
    traffic higher, clicks lower, not all are affected

that means probably, somebody or something is targetting your websites and stealling commish

on second thought, it's being discussed that merchants themselves are the ones being targeted. so the merchants you're promoting may be the ones affected.

Of course, sales depend on a large number of factors. We're way down this month on big ticket items, and about on par for less expensive merchandise. We anticipate (hope for) a rise in sales in May when folks have recovered from tax season.

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo

that means probably, somebody or something is targetting your websites and stealling commish

on second thought, it's being discussed that merchants themselves are the ones being targeted. so the merchants you're promoting may be the ones affected.
    How can someone "target a website" and steal commissions?

If it's possible, what can we do to protect against it?

Thanks.

Affiliate Manager Rob@GoFreelance's Avatar
    Our program is doing better than ever - April looks like being another record-breaker for us.

Maybe you need to re-think which programs you promote this month...
    Rob Palmer
    GoFreelance

Now going crazy on Clickbank...top affiliate makes over $3000.00 per day. Taking the CB Marketplace by storm. <a href="http://www.gofreelance.com/cbaffiliates.html" target="_blank" title="Going Crazy on Clickbank">Click here to get your share of the huge profits...</a>

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo

I started a new thread (How Much Do Parasites Affect Affiliates?) to respond to this.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Seems to always be a lower time of year for me as well...very noticeable. I think it has to do with the consumers being strapped for cash from all the holidays and tax time distraction-burdens...but from taxes it will improve slightly over the following months due to refund checks...in the USA anyway.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Traffic the same as last year and commissions have dropped 85% from last year. I've got promos up for 118 merchants on 384 landing pages. Could be cookie washers of various forms or those POS attack dogs whacking my traffic. I'll pay hosting bills out of my pocket this month unless the batch merchant's are holding onto sales til the last minute.

All my merchant clients are rocking so it sure isn't an overall ecommerce problem
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Mike, you added 25% leaks all over your site. It's not like doing that is going to make your sales skyrocket. And you had the same POS and dogs getting at you this year, that you had last year. It'll keep heading in the direction until the day you face reality and take some personal responsibility for the sales dive.

ABW Ambassador
    THEORIES, THEORIES

1. CJ servers cannot handle the additional merchants from BeFree, so certain merchants/affiliates conversion had to suffer, especially starting April.

2. CJ ran their own version of Athena lately, necessitating a payment stoppage on affiliates with irregular records.

ABW Ambassador
    Taxes, Spring or it's the usual for any given month. People doing about the same, worse or better:

"No complaints. Sales are good."

"This is looking to be the best month in my two years as an affiliate marketer. I'm very excited!"

"Our program is doing better than ever - April looks like being another record-breaker for us."

I mean you can blame CJ but it won't get you anywhere.

ABW Ambassador
    maybe the culprit is not exactly cj, but the effect is the same. so blame cj anyway ... and follow the money trail somewhere else (this surely will get you anywhere).

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe the culprit is in the nearest mirror?

ABW Ambassador
    like self-denying there's a problem?

ABW Ambassador
    The mirror, that's where you'll find the problem. I understand people like to play the blame game, makes them feel better but it's not going to do you any good. I'm getting sales just fine, I even quoted 3 more for you in this thread that are having a good April. What's stopping you? CJ picking on you? CJ messed up with the payment for some this month but that's got nothing to do with getting sales.

My CTR has taken a nose dive as well, about half of what it was last month... luckily my conversions have been quite strong... I believe there is a tracking error somewhere that is not tracking clicks and that is what this "schedualed upgrade" hopefully will fix. Funny how we are always notified about "schedualed upgrades" a day or so before they happen....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast