Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Is Linen N Things Tracking at Linkshare?
    Anybody have any LNT linkshare links up and have any sales reported? At Performics was converting at almost 7%. There is something specific and targetted I was getting sales with, same kind of traffic, not much tho but so far 200+ clicks and no sales. Normally I would have about 14 sales with this.

No sales here yet, but not many clicks showing either, which doesn't make much sense to me since all I did was switch my performics links over to linkshare.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

I just put them on my site the other day. 32 clicks, no sales yet.

LNT Tracking on LinkShare
    Hello LNT.com Affiliates,

Thank you for migrating your links over to the new LinkShare program. Unfortunately, a few text links were not tracking properly in which the issue has since been resolved. All links automatically update, so your links should be working properly. If you feel you have transactions that may have gone through the LNT.com links, please contact us directly at affiliates@lnt.com.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to growing with you in LinkShare.

Best,

The LNT.com Affiliate Program
    affiliates@lnt.com

ABW Ambassador
    "Unfortunately, a few text links were not tracking properly in which the issue has since been resolved."

For how long and how come affiliates weren't notified?

"If you feel you have transactions that may have gone through the LNT.com links, please contact us directly at affiliates@lnt.com."

Will you be sending out an email to all your affiliates about the problem? An affiliate starting a thread and then getting a response about the problem is not the way to go. I'm glad you responded but would have liked it better the other way around, the affiliate manager notifying affiliates of the problem. And if they weren't tracking properly how can you find out if sales came from the link? I have no idea how many sales I should have had but know more than a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracie GSI
    If you feel you have transactions that may have gone through the LNT.com links, please contact us directly at affiliates@lnt.com
    I know this is well-meaning, but it's kinda ridiculous. I've never had a customer email me after a purchase.

Yes, how would I know I have a bunch of lost sales?

You know, other merchants and even some networks have looked at an affiliates sales over a month and paid affiliates what was fair for the days their links were not working. You may want to consider this as a good PR move.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Shouldn't there be some sort of estimated re-imbursement for the lost commissions?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Hi Again -

We are working internally to come up with a compensation plan for this mishap and will inform ALL LNT.com Affiliates as soon as we can. We do not want to leave you guys hanging; we just wanted to come up with the best way to deal with the situation. You will receive notification soon.

Thanks,

Tracie Wexler
    affiliates@lnt.com

Good job Tracie! Always great to see an affiliate manager listen to affiliate concerns and take appropriate action.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    "All links automatically update, so your links should be working properly."

So all the links for sure are working at this point? I don't need to get new links, the ones I put up at the beginning are working and tracking?

"So all the links for sure are working at this point? I don't need to get new links, the ones I put up at the beginning are working and tracking?"

Yes, all links are working properly and tracking... they automatically updated, so you don't have to do a thing

Thanks,
    Tracie

Hello LNT.com Affiliates,

Thank you for your patience regarding the LNT.com Text Link Reporting Issue.

If you are not aware, there were a few text links that were not tracking properly from 3/20 - 4/11. On 4/12, all links were automatically updated and are tracking properly.

We ran an IP referrer report internally and found a few missing transactions from affiliate URLs in which those affiliates will be notified individually. Because we cannot 100% identify that only those affiliates were affected, we would like to extend the current 8.1 public offer to all affiliates through the end of May. This offer would have expired on 4/30/06 but has automatically been renewed to end on 5/31/06.

If you have not already, please opt into the Public Offer 8.1 (found in your LinkShare interface under the Linens N Things Account page)

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to growing with you in LinkShare.

Best,

The LNT.com Affiliate Program
    affiliates@lnt.com

ABW Ambassador
    I'm finally seeing some sales.

ABW Ambassador
    "Because we cannot 100% identify that only those affiliates were affected, we would like to extend the current 8.1 public offer to all affiliates through the end of May. This offer would have expired on 4/30/06 but has automatically been renewed to end on 5/31/06."

Is this the compensation plan you were talking about? A 1% increase in commission extended for a month?

Hello,

Yes, the 1% additional commission will automatically run through May 31st (instead of expiring on 4/30). When we ran a referrer report from 3/20 to 4/11, only a few affiliates were found missing transactions in Performics and/or LinkShare. Those affiliates have been notified.

Let me know if you have any additional questions by contacting me directly:
    affiliates@lnt.com

ABW Ambassador
    I guess I have to chalk this up as a loss. There's no way I didn't get any sales in that time and the 1% doesn't even start to cover the loss. And only a few affiliates with missing transactions is hard to believe too.

Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss.

affiliates@lnt.com or 610-491-7641

I've sent around 600 clicks over since I switched links this week. Normally around 5 - 10% of those convert into sales. Not a single sale through Linkshare though. Looks wrong to me.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not seeing anything yet either.

Hello - Please contact me directly so we can try and find out the issue. I am not seeing any major warning signs besides these 2 instances and want to make sure everything is working for you properly.

My contact info is wexlert@gsicommerce.com (610)491-7641

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Tracie,

I'm trying that also, sent you an email earlier & waiting to hear back from you. I don't think things are working properly based on the above.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Anyone out there for whom LNT tracking is working? What banners/links are you using?

ABW Ambassador
    I need to call and email this week. I'm over 350 without sale. I'm using home page text links and text links to clearance. Only links I have up. Something is not working.

Well let us know how it goes... over 500 clicks here and no luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast