Orders that don't carry over
    Anyone else have this happen? An unshipped order at the end of the quarter never seems to make it over to the new quarter. It seems to happen every quarter - whatever is hanging out there unshipped never shows up the next quarter.

When I question it, I always get the explanation about how some orders cancel, etc. As far as I can determine, there is no way to find out the status of an individual order unless it ships. Every time I ask about tracking, support tells me the same. No way to check.

I suppose you can tell I'm not very high Amazon volume - Usually less than one hundred items per quarter - but I do keep track of orders and this happens every single time.

this is a definite deficiency in their system, but let us remember that their system is older than the hills.

I've had orders carry over. hope that helps.

About 25% of my Amazon orders never ship. I inquired about this and their response was that some orders get cancelled before they ship, some orders are waiting for checks that never arrive, bad credit cards, etc.

I also had a problem with one site that had 250+ clicks last quarter and no sales. That site historically had about a 30% conversion rate right up until the end of December. Amazon checked it out and said everything was working correctly. The next day I got an order for 5 items.

I suspect that something is broken with their tracking system.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

Wonder of all wonders - the missing order shipped yesterday ! 19 days after it was ordered. I guess that's not such an improbable thing, but it is funny how it only happens at the end of a quarter. Anyway - thought I would come back and let you know that it did carry over.

Amazon does have its issues but overall it sure fills a gap when you can't find another specific merchant for what you need.

ABW Ambassador
    Was it Amazon shipping the item or one of the third party merchants? Amazon is a pretty quick shipper, for me within 48 hrs. since I signed up for Prime. But some of the third party merchants might take a little longer.

It was Amazon, which is why I was questioning the whole thing. But it was a technical manual, so it may have been delayed. I just realized that I never checked to see if it was a "later release" pre-order type thing. Geez..

I started a thread similar to this, and ended up deleting it because I started noticing that my shipped products were higher then my ordered items during certain times.

I do hate the fact that each quarter they kind of wipe the slate clean of stats and you end up having to take their word for it in the honor system. If there's one thing I've learned, is that there is seldom honor when money is involved.

I try to monitor everything I can on my own, then compare my stats to what they have. I actually shoot myself an email with ip info, ordered products and lots of other details for each time someone clicks the checkout button on my site.

While I never have the name, putting a cookie on them or logging their ip is a great way to welcome back your return visitors</ramble>.

PuReWebDev

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PuReWebDev
    </ramble>.
    Oh please go ahead ... ramble. Makes me feel right at home And I liked your information, too!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread