ABW Ambassador
    Of all the nerve! We get this in our email today:

quote:

Dear CJRP Publisher,

You may notice lower earnings than usual when you receive your commission check this month. This is due to an internal accounting issue that has been resolved. We have reversed the incorrect bonuses paid and reapplied them in the correct amounts to your account. You will receive the balance of your July bonus payment with your August commission check.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We have direct deposit. We have always gone by the CJ "payment status" tab when we check our commissions. So that's what we enter into our check register. If we start bouncing checks CJ, you will be the one paying.

Don't you think AMOUNTS would be appropriate? Don't you think that's REQUIRED? You write the email implying we could be getting less or more then the payment status shows.

quote:

You may notice lower earnings than usual when you receive your commission check this month.

By how much? And why? What programs? What are the details? LOCKED means LOCKED. Or are you running for president of the USA? Do you have your own definition of what locked is?

You have NO RIGHT to adjust the amount without informing us FIRST!

If the amount is more, of course, I'm not going to complain, but you don't say that. You just say the difference will be applied to the August payment. You say it could be more or less. Well if it's LESS that can cause us to bounce checks. We write those checks based on what you tell us is being deposited. You have no idea what it cost us to get a US bank account and the time and money envolved!

If just one of those checks bounce, you can count on a lawsuit.

Has anyone recieved a paper check? Was your amount up or down? Did you receive this notice? Does anyone know what programs this effects?

Does anyone know what programs this effects? ~ AffJus

That is the Commission Junction referral program. The "bonus" they are referring to is % of earnings from affiliates that signed up under you.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    They called you a "CJRP Publisher". CJRP is the CJ Recruiter Program--the one where you get paid for signing up new affiliates and merchants.

So the amounts in question would depend on your results with that particular program.

I didn't get any notice despite being in that program, but if it came in the mail, it could be sitting in the box right now and I wouldn't know it. Although I personally don't have that many Recruiter Program transactions so maybe the issue didn't affect me...

Hmmm.... I got the email as well but assumed it was related to CatalogLink which had all my July transactions extended. However they were listed under my report sections for extended transactions due to non-payment.

It does appear it is the CJ recruiter program that they are talking about.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

ABW Ambassador
    >>LOCKED means LOCKED.

You might want to check into that -- LOCKED actually means "extra work to get it reversed".

Not that that has anything to do with CJRP.

There are a lot of, what some people might call, "reasonable" steps to take over legitimate accounting mistakes that cause overdrafts. Which include demanding that the party in question pay all related banks fees and send letters claiming responsibility to all creditors affected by the overdrafts.

Of course, since the offending party in this case didn't actually give YOU a bad check or incorrectly withdraw funds from your bank account, I'm not sure any of those arguments would hold water.

I'd be highly surprised if the "reporting" section of CJ was legally binding... as in, I don't think they can be held legally responsible to pay you a million dollars if they have a glitch and it says that's what you've earned (when you haven't).

If, as I suspect, those reports aren't legally binding, the recipient has the responsibility to check how much money was ACTUALLY deposited in his/her account.

It's a knicker-twister indeed, but your solution sounds like a frivolous "law suit" at best.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cedric:
    >>LOCKED means LOCKED.

It's a knicker-twister indeed, but your solution sounds like a frivolous "law suit" at best.

My point is not that there could not be some situation where a mistake is made, but the fact that they did not communcicate this to us before hand. The correct course of action is a PERSONAL email or phone call, "Hey, we found a problem, we'd like to let you know what's going on..." not "your check may or many not be the amount you are expecting. have a nice day."

The lawsuit would be due to their failure to notifiy us in a timely manner and failure to provide documentation of the problem. We are owed that.

ABW Ambassador
    >>The lawsuit would be due to their failure to notifiy us in a timely manner<<

Given some peoples' checks are still in the mail, how can this possibly not be timely notice? On what grounds are they legally bound to provide "timely notice" and what are the legal time requirements of this "timely notice"...?

>>and failure to provide documentation of the problem.<<

On what grounds are they legally required to provide documentation? And have you requested it?

ABW Ambassador
    We have direct deposit. When they show the payment has been made, on the 18th, by the 22nd it's always been on our account fine. So we've written checks and mailed them based on that deposit. If that deposit is substantially less than what the site showed, we stand a big chance of bouncing checks.

But even if we were waiting on a paper check, we've paid our bills and made financial decisions based on their representations. To change those representations AFTER the fact, (ie, the day it's locked is the day we decides how our resources will be spent) is a breach of the contract.

I'm not saying they can't reverse due to some error. I'm saying it's their job to notifiy us, and if an adjust has to be made, it has to be made NEXT month, not this month.

Thread is closed as per the "ABW litigation clause".

AffJus,

The problems are specific to the CJRP transactions.

Haiko

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread