15 years and counting
    Buying-Bar-Stools New Site
    Redesign of Buying-Bar-Stools website.

1-Buying is now a two step process, first you have to compare. No more "buy button" next to the product, you have to go deep in the site to have a chance to buy.

2-They removed the SAS tracking on the big phone number on top of every page, it's still on the bottom page, so small a customer is NEVER going to use it.

I can see their EPC going down and it's just the beginning. With a new site you can expect a boost of your sales. It's just the opposite.

1-Buying is now a two step process, first you have to compare. No more "buy button" next to the product, you have to go deep in the site to have a chance to buy.
    I'm seeing the "add to cart" button on the product page, although it should be made a lot more prominent IMO. What do you mean by "first you have to compare"?
    <font size="1"><strong>[URL=http://www.thechesszone.com]TheChessZone[/URL]</strong> Chess sets and supplies.<br><strong>[URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=9515]Join our affiliate program[/URL]</strong> Up to 12% commission!

Thanks for the info. I was in the process of integrating their banners - some of their products seem to be unique.

On their site the phone numbers are on top and bottom on each page. The top one seems like they are encouraging customers to call up to place orders, instead of being just a support number. The Add to Cart button is way too low in the page, in small fonts.

I called up the number and got the automated answering - asked me to leave name / number etc.

15 years and counting
    What do you mean by "first you have to compare"?
    Go to each category, you'll see the products, before you had a "buy button", now you have a "compare button" you need either to check the product page or to "compare" to have the possibility to add the product in your cart.
    You have no information to go to the product page, no "More Info" or whatever. You have to click on the picture. It's not obvious for everybody.
    I can't spend my time answering potential customers confused by their websites.

Ah yes - I see what you mean. I didn't see the difference as I was just linking to individual item pages.
    Yes, I agree - it either needs to be made clearer that clicking the image will take you to the item detail page, or text added beneath each picture like "click for more details"

Also, I was about to say that I quite like the "compare items" feature till I found out that it lists all items on one row, so horizontal scrolling is required if you have >3 items. Not Nice! Also, items in the compare list must be manually removed. I would expect that if you make multiple selections from a different category that there should at least be an option to clear the compare list completely first...
    And what's with the fixed width layout? And that godaddy cert is a bit cheezy.
    (sorry, unintentionally turning into a site review...)
    <font size="1"><strong>[URL=http://www.thechesszone.com]TheChessZone[/URL]</strong> Chess sets and supplies.<br><strong>[URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=9515]Join our affiliate program[/URL]</strong> Up to 12% commission!

15 years and counting
    To have the possibility to compare the products is nice but it should not interfere with the buying process. The competition is just a click away.

15 years and counting
    Buying-Bar-Stools 7 Day $0.00

Brian, you're tracking their links for nothing.
    If we don't make money, you don't make money either.
    What can you do?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread