Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What is with changing passwords every 90 days??
    LS is already a huge bother with the stupid verification digits.. now they are requiring us to change our passwords every 90 days??
    WTF?
    Are they just trying to keep affiliates OUT?
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=RoyalBlue]He who asks is a fool for five minutes...but he who does not ask is a fool forever.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] :rolleyes:

I've never understood the idea that changing passwords makes for better security. As far as I can tell it just makes it more necessary to write them somewhere easy to find, or keep asking to have them sent. When I am forced to change a password I do it, then I change it right back.

I've given up on LS, so I don't know what they're up to. For all I know they may even owe me some money, but I never go there anymore so I don't know.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

15 years and counting
    Every morning they have a meeting:
    Agenda: How can we piss off our affiliates, today?

It would help if they took the time to explain some of this to affiliates, like what the purpose is. Heck, it'd be even better if they gave us advance notice.

And that's the problem. Because they do so many things like this it is coming off poorly with their affiliates...giving affilaites the impression that LS does not care and is purposely trying to make things harder.

I still can't get how LS does not understand how badly they are perceived in so many areas by affilaites (and some of their merchants).

And it makes me wonder about this so called group of affiliates they meet with once in a while? What are these folks telling LS and what is LS doing about it? We never know.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Am I missing something here?

I have had the same password at Linkshare for years and never been prompted to change it.....
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

You will. We all will. Sometime in the next 90 days.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    You will. We all will. Sometime in the next 90 days.
    Probably at the most inconvenient time!
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    It is a pain, but the idea behind it is sound. If someone had your password and was logging in, you wouldn't know it until you changed your password (or if they showed last login info). So instead of showing last login info, they do this.

I hate it. But I understand it, kinda, because as with most things linkshare, I figure they have an ulterior reason for it.

Chet

I tried to reset my password I get in then when I run reports it throws me right back to the change your password page again.

What is really sad is that I have to have a winter -summer-spring- and fall login saved on my roboform for one stinking place. I think they are just keeping me from deleting my account at this point.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Where did they say we were gonna have to do this? I missed it ...
    ~Michelle

They never announced it, although they did acknowledge it after affiliates started complaining about it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

This is exactly why I moved most of my links to merchant outside of LS. If LS does indeed care about their affiliates, they sure have a bad way of showing it.

But, because I still have a couple merchants at LS and because I'm a long time affiliate and because I know LS could be so much better than it is right now....they are going to have me here pointing out these problems as they occur. Sorry, LS Moderators, but if you can't express our concerns to the top management and if top management won't give us any indication that they care, that's just the way things are going to continue to be.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I tried to reset my password I get in then when I run reports it throws me right back to the change your password page again.
    Me too. It is idiotic. I hate faux security measures that just make my life more difficult.

So, what happens if you only try to log in there once every six months or so?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Thanks for the links.

Once again.... implementing something totally useless and completely messed up. arghhhhh
    ~Michelle

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kea12345678
    Me too. It is idiotic. I hate faux security measures that just make my life more difficult.
    Same here!! And to make matters worse, it doesn't recognize any of my passwords at this point, so I can't even change it again. I tried to use their email form (since I can't get into my account now) and get an error there to. I am about two seconds away from killing LS on my sites. Idiotic.... At least get some tech people that know what they're doing. They're probably too busy working on their own affiliate sites to care about LS tech issues...
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Or at the very least, LS shoiuld take a more active role here at ABW to help all these folks when their [previously noted] support system just is not working (there are fires that need to be put out and they seem to be just throwing more kindling on them).
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    All,
    When you change your password, you should wait an hour before trying to run reports for the new password to sync up. Another reason why your password may not be taking is that you need to have a minimum of 8 characters and you need to have at least numbers in the password.

Ranae

ABW Ambassador
    Ranae, why don't you let all Linkshare affiliates know and put it with your next newsletter, it should have been there in the first place before this all started or have this information actually on your site. How about that, lil thing called communication.

Sigh! Yes, Trust is right and although I know you, Ranae, did not implement this feature, could you please pass on to the top brass that they are REALLY missing the mark when they implement things and don't tell us (or don't test it...like I bet LS did not know about the hour delay thing until after they implemented).

One of the LS moderators before you did have an adiministrative position and I know when we commented about problems getting moved up the ladder, she said she was already there. Not sure what rung you are on the ladder, but can we help give you a boost up that ladder so LS can realize how poorly they are performing in affiliates eyes?

Bribes perhaps? Donuts? Chocolate? Trip to Jamiaca? A raise? What does it take to be heard?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    When you change your password, you should wait an hour before trying to run reports for the new password to sync up.
    When you are making a change to the system, you should inform your users a minimum of a day before the changes will be made, especially changes that are buggy and cause the behavoir described above.

Argh. I'm stuck in the inifinite loop now, too. I can't check my stats because LinkShare wants me to change my password over and over and over again.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Ditto! What is this crap? I just want to check my stats. I log in. I press RUN REPORTS, I get the screen that says my password has expired. I've changed it twice. This has to be one of the most infuriating sites I ever have to deal with. How long before we can run stats again?

Nicely done you clusterducks!!!

Merchants, look at who you are working with.
    2 hour downtime took 22 hours.
    Password changes made with out telling anyone.
    Password changes made that DON'T WORK!!!!

Seriously, if you were a horse Linkshare, you'd be put down out of mercy, turned into glue and you wouldn't even be sticky, that's how messed up you are!!!
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

And I should add, that's just their mess ups in the last couple of days.
    The list is Huuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Cap it off with their drive by announcements after the fact and their lack of anyone with balls enough to actually answer a question harder than what's the weather like outside.

Should qualify that, the poor people they send here aren't privy to what their higher ups are doing so you can't be mad at them. I feel for them.
    I know you couldn't pay me enough to go where the answers are either. Must look funny at the LS offices to see all those management types bent over doing the head in my hinney shuffle.
    Kind of like a horrible accident at those chinese acrobat/gymnastics shows.
    "Here's newcomer Miss Yeun, a rising star on the international stage, showing off her incredible flexibility and OH MY GOD!!!!!! Oh that's horrible!! Oh geez get a medic here. Boy, you sure don't want to see that happen. Last time I saw something that horrible I was interning at Linkshare."
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast