What2do
    Being an affiliate if your question is not answered by your merchant after sending several messages, then what do you recommend, either leave that merchant's program or tell the others about it...

The following is a system I use.
    First if they are part of a network and don't have a posted email, I will email through the network. I will usually try once or twice to do this.
    If they do have a posted email, I will email directly first as network emails rarely work for me.
    I then assume I will have to reemail several times to be sure I am getting no response.
    Then depending on the issue and my frustration level I will call.
    For cash issues or other large things I may skip email and go directly to the phone. Otherwise I will try a couple of times to get contact via the telephone.
    If that doesn't work, I escalate to emailing the owner. Usually this will result in a rapid and somewhat frantic call from the AM, resolving the issues. If it doesn't work, I will then call the owner ... repetitively until I actually get them ... and usually shortly thereafter the AM calls in a very apologetic way.
    If that doesn't work or the owner is then less responsive, the most effective way to solve whatever the issue is, is to call the owner at their girlfriends house, preferably with their spouse on three way calling.
    This results in nothing beneficial in getting the problem resolved, but is really amusing when you can't find any Jerry Springer on TV. At this point I also suggest trying a new merchant as you have no idea who will end up with the business in the divorce settlement.

That help?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Seriously though, call.
    If you can't get ahold of an AM through email or phone and they have products you really want and can't find anything else then contact the owner. If you have to wait doing that, then the affiliate program is probably a low priority for them and I would move on. You can spread the word about them if you wish, but if they are a merchant for a narrow niche you have found you may want to play that card close to your chest
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Thumbs up Thanks anyway
    Any way thanks, but I am looking for more people to reply because this question is not my only,and there are lot of people who are attracting to these merchants or networks who are just playing with their inexperiences to get a traffic from their efforts.. and this problem become more serious when they post recommendations in the public forums as a best program... which you cant ignore to be a part of it.

I was thinking from the wording of your original post that your issue was more of a general contact issue. Sorry

So what you are asking is if a merchant is doing something shady or questionable, should you just drop the program or should you reveal the program and the issue on the board so that others know about what is going on. Especially if they are a program that is being promoted on forums as a recommended merchant.
    Is that correct?

Want to make sure I understand the question so I answer correctly this time.

Dear popdawg, u got me, you are genious... i enjoyed your privious reply too... thanks anyway

Question Do Resubmission to Search Engines Make Sense
    According to the SEOs, if you want to get and hold your position for your website in the search engines, you should resubmit your site after some time, 90 days or more... But according to my experience I never resubmited to any search engines in which I am already included, but I always find improvement in ranking and popularity of my website. Is there anyone who may guide me about this myth of resubmission.

Dear Mr popdawg be my honoured guest, I can serve you a cold tea becos it may change its temperature to reach you but question is always stand hot

Can I send my own post to start a new thread. I mean this could make a double entry in the same forum...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hi Nasir,

On your What2do question, don't hesitate to post the merchant company here. As an affiliate manager I contact anyone to let them know about a negative comment if I have their email address. It keeps the community aspect of ABW going.

Dear Chuck Hamrick, thanks for the helping words... I think most of the people hesitate to reveal about the names who have made their places on web just to benefite their required interest and traffic. These people who dont tell others about these bad sheeps definately do wrong on their side too... but we should care a lot when telling others becos if mr A is bad for me he may be a good for you... but who will decide... its a question which answer is even difficult for a bill gate too. Anyhow, I just make a question in a forum that could be a voice of many people out there working online... becos website has travelled a lot to make its shape that could generate jobs rather than to ask and in the future there is a need to comup such idea and company, who just bane espeicially these ecommerce untrustworthy monsters without going into such dialogue, which may be posted by someone as a message and and the company in question at a same time recommended as a best merchant some where else in best affilaite program... Moreover thanks and I will definately enjoy getting your help in future...

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread