Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Has abused the power she has as an adminstrator. she has posted my link on the forum as being an example of "spam", and as it relates to this latest google update. I have been banned from the forum (due to my heated opinions of google - I have been negative). I am looking for info on this person. Does anyone know anything about her? I had my email posted in my account at the forum, but not viewable by public. she is one of the people that would have been privvy to that info. the email I had posted ended in my domain name @thecouponguy.com

I understand she got fired from ODP, according to a post in another forum. But thats all I know. I sent her an email, which she has not replied to.

Here is the link -

Any help in this matter will be appreciated Janet Berg abuses her power as administrator of searchengineforums.com

Janet/searchengineforums.com has submitted. They still have not offered me a public apology. You will find the thread (link above) has been removed from their server. There has been a small victory. Thanks for your support.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

ABW Ambassador
    does anyone know this Janet berg, personally?

Why does she think you are a spammer?

ABW Ambassador
    She has been there since the beginning of those fora, was one of the first moderators (if not the first), and the behavior you describe here is not out of character. And from everything I've seen, the Powers-That-Be at that fora, aren't the least bit concerned about her behavior.

Of course, the Powers-That-Be at that fora also use the message board spam filters to filter links to all other message boards.

That is one playground where I stay out of the sandbox.

ABW Ambassador
    I dont know. I don't intentionally "spam", if thats what it is... she posted this link - http://www.thecouponguy.com/buyjewelry1.html

I try to get found, and I try to sell stuff. I don't use automatic pop up windows, re-directs. If people are searching for something, and they come to my site, i.e. earrings, then thats what they find. The only thing, is that my content is products ads. If anyone is able to defend me on this matter at the forum, I'd appreciate it. it seems that this forum where Janet Berg is administrator, unlike Haiko's ABESTWEB, believes in censorship of unpopular views (my opinion of google god).

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

ABW Ambassador
    Hershey, Janet thinks anyone who posts a URL in a message is a spammer (particularly, heaven forefend, a sales URL).

ABW Ambassador
    she posted mine(???????????)

Cedric wrote...
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Of course, the Powers-That-Be at that fora also use the message board spam filters to filter links to all other message boards<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what do you mean when you say that? How do they, or why? what does that do?

ABW Ambassador
    Typed too fast -- didn't mean the message board "spam filters" but rather the message board "profanity filters". You know, when people post naughty words, they get replaced with asterisks -- automatically.

Same thing happens in those fora when you post links to other message boards. On some of them, when you just post the name of the other message boards (no link) it's filtered.

So any link to another fora is killed automatically.

Must save Janet a lot of time.

ABW Ambassador
    She is a TWIT.
    Do not let it get to you!
    SEF is on it's way OUT

Yep, LOL ... I have seen the filters myself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I can affirm, FWIW, Jim Wilson et crew are appeasing the "GOOGLE GODS" and they [Jim et al] are the 2nd biggest kiss ass (and anti-CJ) forum on the NET ... Steve's is still the #1 kiss ass - Long Live the King! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Has anyone noticed the LACK of a privacy statement on any of Jim's sites or forums? :eek:

Haiko
    BTW - I removed all filters five months ago!

ABW Ambassador
    I spoke poorly of Google at webmasterworld.com and they gave me the boot there, too. some of these forums aint nothing but a bunch a little sissies that get together with all the other elitists snobs on the web.

ABW Ambassador
    Big Chuck:

When entering a NEW fora, it is best to spend some time to get to know the feel of the group before you RANT.

They [ WmW] were watching you and saw your post at SEF.

"I think the company leadership sucks. They should not have this kind of control over peoples potential to eanr revenue. You're an *******, who obviously doesnt understand the frustration. Maybe what we need here is a personal visit with the leadership at Google. I really think this could very well blow up in their face one day. If they are the ones that screwed things up, I wish they would fix it. f*ck you. "

WTF did you expect?

ABW Ambassador
    yep. I never denied what I said or did. I havent denied that it wasnt negative. what I will say, is that their actions, and response is censorship. that was one post. later I apologized. I wasnt banned at the time. but when I continued to speak my mind, negatively, about google, that's when I got banned. censorship, plain and simple. that wouldn't happen on this forum. it hasn't so far. we all, at one time or another, rant and rave, speak our minds. Haiko has never banned anyone for that, even when it has gotten extremely heated. As a result this forum pretty well handles it own, and people communicate freely, regardless of whether opinion is popular or not. not so with the above mentioned forums.

Unless the b*tch apologizes, this will mean war. and, it wont be in a court room. I can play her game too. :mad:

It's not worth wasting your energy or emotions.
    Do something positive, Build another site [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    >Haiko has never banned anyone for that

I moderated a fora like that and it DIED !

>Unless the b*tch apologizes, this will mean war ;and, it wont be in a court room. I can play her game too.

Do not even think about it.
    I'm here to tell ya that she is BETTER than you are at [edit by poster].

ABW Ambassador
    what she did was wrong - period. she didnt find my url through a search, that's for sure! she got the info about my site through info she had available to her as an administrator, and regardless of what I said, she has severely abused her powers as an administrator. she did that out of spite. now she claims it is a doorway page(wtf?) doorway pages have re-directs. all I am trying to do is sell jewelry, and make some money. people search for "jewelry", and they find JEWELRY! what did I do wrong with making that page? 3/4 ths of us have pages that promote products/merchants. I tell you why it burns snobs like her up... that page, and several others of mine, came up top ten in google for some really great keywords and phrases. and, with her elitist attitude, a site like mine that is not what you call "professionally designed" and schemed is not worthy of that performance. like I said, she is a b*tch.

Hi
    I think that you should just ignore her and get on with your life, after all, this is the best forum around so why waste your time with anyone else?

I dont think that I would like to be on a forum where people are scared to tell the truth about things. My god just look at the way you lot rip peoples sites apart when they ask for a review, its brutal but well worth it, I know I have been there and will shortly put myself up for another savage attack by the Abestweb webdogs (tounge in cheek statement).

Anyway, enough from me. Have to celebrate new year then start thinking of improving my site and working on another two companie sites. Aint life just full of shi.....sorry fun.

regards John

Life's too short to worry about buttholes (unless they work for the cable company).

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: SpongeBo ]

ABW Ambassador
    lol!

or, at excite@home/comcast cable internet - it all the same!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam Ward:
    >Haiko has never banned anyone for that

I moderated a fora like that and it DIED !
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can assure everyone that ABW will not ever become like the other forums ... we allow freedom of speech and lite moderation, the reason why we will never die is because there is a real camaraderie and mutual respect level between ALL of us. I am sure the other fora that "Died " was full of flame wars .... no one likes to see flame wars ... but they do happen ... and when it gets out of hand ... I can assure you all we'll step in.

--------

Chuck,

She is a *****!
    She obviously violated any/all privacy issues ... you should contemplate a suit against both Jim and Her!

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Now she claims my page she posted at the forum was a redirect in the last index(wtf?) examine the cache, and you will find she is not telling what is tru. she is already stepping in cow dung. she didnt come close. my page has pretty much stayed the same since last index. she now claims it was a "door way" page before(wtf????). I have NEVER had redirects on my site. I simply made a page of product ads, like many of my other pages, and now this ***** is persecuting me? for what? I'll tell you. she has purposefully attacked me. it has nothing to do with the page.

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

ABW Ambassador
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] thanks follks for your support. you r :cool: people.

ABW Ambassador
    now one of the moderators is calling affiliate sites "spam" - lol! these guys are jealous that we outflanked 'em on the search strategies!

I read a lot of Chuck’s comments over there and frankly some of them were over the top, and would merit banning at a lot of forums for the profanity. However, Janet has no business posting the URL of a banned member and then calling it Spam. That is defamation and actionable in court. I would save all of that info chuck and keep a record.

chuck baby,

why have you got pm's turned off?

PS kill the link to that crappy forum, dont attract them here, put the url in double quotes "http://www.whatever.com"

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: austin powers ]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast