For those lucky enough to have received payments from beFree before, may I know what exactly are "vouchers"?

I just couldn't make any sense with what beFree have to say about their "vouchers":

"Commissions you have earned from each merchant that have been generated for a specific voucher. The current voucher will display until a new voucher has been generated. These totals should correlate to the totals in your revenue reports."

I have made the minimum for a beFree merchant for the quarter ending Dec 31 2001, and all I could see are "vouchers" on the Payment Status Report.

By vouchers, do they mean cheques? Or do they really mean vouchers as in gift vouchers? Meaning to say, payment in gift vouchers in lieu of cheques? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    TianTian

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The BeFree voucher is just an electronic authorization tool. The merchant logs into their BF account and downloads all preports sales info/commissions due for the period vouchered ( monthly quarterly) like a invoice. They can delete entries -make adjustments and audit the balances them mark the revised Voucher as approved and send BF a check for payouts. It is just the start of the payment process initiated by the merchant. Then comes the status of "voucher approved" denied- cancelled or even rolled over to next period. Then comes "awaiting funds" followed by Out of State check clearing time ( 10-15 days) and hopefully within 30 days the status changes to "paid". It only works like this for those merchants who choose BF payment processing rather than cutting their own checks. Those require begging and other non-religious efforts.

I've had zero problems at befree. I don't have very many advertisers though and the voucher is just a word. They really do send a real check. Actually I think it's a voucher because befree doesn't send the check the actual merchant does. Therefore your funds are represented as vouchers by befree but are real checks in the mail from your merchants.

Payments have been on time every time so far.
    I think that may be the merchants not befree.

Thanks to WebMaster Mike and Heyder, that's most reassuring.

Cheers,
    TianTian

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread