ABW Ambassador
    Information about BeFree / Reporting.net
    I got an interesting email from Birddog (Best Deal Magazines) regarding BeFree, and am sharing the best paragraph...hope it's OK to post:

This e-mail is in follow-up to the e-mail sent on Wednesday, April 12th.

This morning I spoke with one of our BeFree representatives and they have informed me that BeFree will NOT be shutting down anytime soon. They do not have a definite shut down date planned yet. They could not even estimate when BeFree will shut down because they still have several merchants who are dependent on the BeFree platform. If you have heard anything else in the rumor mill, I have been advised that these rumors are false.

ABW Ambassador
    "This morning I spoke with one of our BeFree representatives and they have informed me that BeFree will NOT be shutting down anytime soon. They do not have a definite shut down date planned yet."

Not yet or anytime soon but eventually. They are all going to migrate somewhere else. There is a reason you don't see any new merchants popping up for sometime now.

edited to add: Just logged in and another BF merchant popped up at CJ, Rampage.

Sure looks like shutting down to me.

BeFree looks like a store with the shelves almost empty and buckets brought out to whitewash the windows.

The merchant you speak of is probably spinning his wheels to smoke you into leaving their links up.

You can bet your bottom dollar that before the end of this year (I'll put my dollar on "before September"), that any remaining BF clients will be given a deadline to migrate their programs to CJ.

ABW Ambassador
    As far as Best Deal Magazines, I didn't quite get the email since they've been on both BeFree and CJ for awhile now, might as well have the CJ links up.

I'm not naming the merchant, but I went to sign up at BeFree as an Affiliate Manager had a great offer for me and I could not find the merchant. Went in via the back door, at the merchants Join Here link and when I tried to sign up at the BeFree site, it said my application to that merchant was pending.

Oh, My. BeFree is really having problems.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Many of the remaining ones are huge merchants who have been on BeFree for years. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them have some very sweet deals with BeFree and are not eager to leave anytime soon.

I've had some smaller merchants who were given deadlines to migrate (and did so), but it's probably harder for them to pressure the big guys.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

And also, how convenient, that the ones that have migrated have been wiped out of the database. I had a merchant that migrated to CJ owing me money. All well and good.

However, up until this week when I went to the Payments section at BeFree, it showed the merchant owing me money with "Awaiting Funds" next to the amount. This week the merchant completely disappeared. So, now that all the data and reporting for the merchant is completely wiped away ... how do I prove I am owed or get paid?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    BF's proprietary tracking seldom can co-exist with othe networls tracking. If it's a Befree dualie just drop them till they competely pull the plug at Befree. Bet Boscov's took a dump on their affiliate's sales tracking with a BF/CJ dualie. Does Gator/Claria still use the BF system for all their theftware reporting? I see ComputerGeeks has gone so far south Microsoft whacked their selling many refurbs with any O/S. Bet Asif is taking it in the shorts with GoldenCan on all those GSI dogs.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread