CJ - Account is GOING crazy...what is up
    Well APRIL was horrible horrible month. 1st of April to today was almost 0 sales.

Well my commission from last month was locked in "lets say at $650" and then today I noticed that my commission this month was $380 up from $25 bucks which it had read for the first 14 days of April. $380 is what I had at this time last month. I was like YAHHHAA!!! Nice. I figured oh they had a commission problems and fixed it today.

20 Mins later that had been taken away, and my LOCKED commissions I also noticed had been unlocked and put back as general commission.

What is going on?

ABW Ambassador
    CJ is going on

I wish they would fix all that.

Well when it went to the higher OVERALL commission is that a correct number?(But then it went back down) Or is it the number that has been showing for the first 14 days of APRIL?

Why would it shoot to this higher number? Is that CJ correcting itself after poor tracking? Or is it just an error

ABW Ambassador
    Something to do with something moving here or there about this time of the month. Someone explained it once, don't remember.

During CJ's "time of the month" when they convert locked payments into the balance that is due to you in the next payment, your overall balance will shoot up high...This is because the accounting is slow to update certain numbers.

What is likely happening is that in your overall balance you are showing some transactions twice.

For example --

Your Current Balance (Commissions) has received an increase because a locked payment moved to being payable.

However, your overall balance contains pending commissions, including locked payments.

Well, there will be a moment in time where one $ amount will be counted twice. Eventually, it will be counted once as the locked payment will cease to exist because it is now set to be paid April 2x.

I hope I wasn't confusing...lol

I read somewhere that you don't want to look to locked balance since (if you are looking to what you will be paid" you want to look to commission balance. Well there is no commission balance. What do I want to watch to see what approx. my next payment will be?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skinfrag
    I read somewhere that you don't want to look to locked balance since (if you are looking to what you will be paid" you want to look to commission balance. Well there is no commission balance. What do I want to watch to see what approx. my next payment will be?

Thanks
    Locked balance doesn't mean sh*t because if the merchant doesnt have the $$$, it will stay locked.

Keep looking at the commission balance...CJ is constantly updating that section...In the last 20 minutes I had 2 merchants end up in the paid column.

For my account, they started processing last night...So they appear to still be processing...Just keep waiting...

We need a sticky on this as it comes up every month.

Your balance will fluctuate between the 11th and the 20th, with the heaviest movement between the 11th and 15th when most transactions move from "locked" to "commissions" or closed. You will not know how much your payment will be until closer to the 20th when they start processing them. Sometimes dollars move over right before then (from locked to commissions), so it's pointless to try and guess until then. The same dollars are sometimes showing in locked and commissions (while the transfer is happening), but it reconciles itself within hours or a day max (typically). What's left in locked at payment time is what used to be referred to as "extended due to non-payment", where CJ has informally extended the payment because the merchant didn't pay up on time (or according to some merchants, because CJ didn't apply their payments on time).

Today my balance went high up (relatively speaking) - got me excited that I made more than I thought - and hours later, back to the original amount. Seems like a roller coaster ride - better to check after 20th.

ABW Ambassador
    aaah yes, the CJ Dance is here

Talking
    Maybe Google bought CJ so they could dance together.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Something to do with something moving here or there about this time of the month.
    It's called PMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly
    It's called PMS.
    Payment Management System?

Pickpocket My Sales??

Talking
    Greed

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread